Iron Butt Ride on the 29th

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
My co-worker and I will be doing another one. We're planning to ride down to SC, have BBQ for lunch and ride back. Will let you guys where the final destination will be before the 29th. Hoping for a good weather.:please: If there's rain in the forecast, it will be cancelled.

Good luck with that. I always wanted to do it but timing never was on my side lol.

One of these years.

Good luck, I hope the weather its nice for you guys, I know you dont like your bike dirty:laugh:

How many have you done, and do you actually do the ones sanctioned by them or do you plan your own trip and keep reciepts. There is one in Michigan going around the UP in July.........:whistle:

When? PM me any details ya got please. I'm definately doing a U.P.trip this year!
Nevermind, found it:Yooper Madness 1000

Yup that is it. It is late july, so I wont be back to work by then. If you are interested in maybe giving it a try I would go with ya. Lol might have to make a few short trips before that though to work my butt muscles up to the challenge. Sitting at this desk I am sure has not helped me at all lol.

Let me know if you are thinking of doing it.

And people say the Busa is TOO uncomfortable to do a 1000 miler :rofl:

Hope you guys have a GREAT TIME :beerchug:

My co-worker and I will be doing another one. We're planning to ride down to SC, have BBQ for lunch and ride back. Will let you guys where the final destination will be before the 29th. Hoping for a good weather.:please: If there's rain in the forecast, it will be cancelled.

I'm gonna do my iron butt sometime soon! Riding from Southwest Florida to NY. But I definitely will need to find someone to ride with that is a long haul to do by myself.

Let me know where you're turning around and I'll see about meeting up with you guys. Bike Week in Myrtle Beach winding up that day.

I plan on doing mine in August.. 2100 miles from AZ to WI. Hopefully my plans stick together and I can get the time off of work.

You need to build up to a ride that long scott. You can practice by come down to sierra vista for a bbq.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow, thats a long haul! Definitly got the name of the ride correct. Be safe... :thumbsup:
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Good luck, I hope the weather its nice for you guys, I know you dont like your bike dirty:laugh:
Thanks.LOL

How many have you done, and do you actually do the ones sanctioned by them or do you plan your own trip and keep reciepts. There is one in Michigan going around the UP in July.........:whistle:
This would be my third one. I did two last year. I wish I can do more in the future. It's a lot of fun for me.

And people say the Busa is TOO uncomfortable to do a 1000 miler :rofl:

Hope you guys have a GREAT TIME :beerchug:
LOL
Thanks. I appreciate it.

I'm gonna do my iron butt sometime soon! Riding from Southwest Florida to NY. But I definitely will need to find someone to ride with that is a long haul to do by myself.
Good luck!!!

I gotta catch up to your mileage Sleepless! LOL:cheerleader:
LOL
Looks like fun Sleepless wish i could join in with ya. Be safe and pics..
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Let me know where you're turning around and I'll see about meeting up with you guys. Bike Week in Myrtle Beach winding up that day.
Will let you know.
Good Luck!!!!
Thanks for everything. You and Djxtrodinaire have done so much to prepare me for this ride and I really appreciate that.

Sorry, I missed your question. I don't really do the ones sanctioned by them. My buddy and I just plan our own trip and keep receipts.

Back