Iowa Ride Ticket Update

DR1300R

Keep On Trucking
Donating Member
Registered
I went to court on the 12th, they reduced it down to 92 in a 55. Illinois said they won't suspend my license, but it is a serious violation against my CDL, major affects on insurance costs, and not sure how it will affect my job in the long run as of yet. Iowa on the other hand, will suspend my driving privileges in there state but won't know for how long until I receive a letter from them.. The county prosecutor in Clayton County is real hard on speeding, especially when it comes to motorcycles.. He said in the last 2 months they have gotten 4 motorcycles doing over 110mph in the county and he has no sympathy towards any of them.. So if you decide to travel into that lovely county BEWARE!!!!!!! No tolerance for speeding and he wonders why everyone comes to his county to speed.........Thanks to everyone that helped with donations and buying my motorcycle equipment/parts, and especially to Rick for buying my busa, All your help was greatly appreciated. Thanks again Doyle

<!--EDIT|DR1300R
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129893756 -->

well damnit....
sad.gif

At least your license isn't suspended, Doyle....but bummer about that crap in Iowa. Damnit....

On the bright side, you still have your job, even though it may now be a lil harder to make ends meet.

Man...it doesn't sound like they're givin you much slack.
down.gif
I am truly sorry, bro....

Thanks Pac, tough county up there for shore.. No scooter for me until the CDL cools off.
sad.gif

down.gif
Sorry to hear, bro....I know it can be tough. heck...I've been without mine for about 18 months already.

Sorry to hear it, Doyle. I suppose it could have been worse and been a fatal accident instead... I'm trying to find a bright side here
smile.gif
At least you were out there living life full, grabbing it by the trottle instead of slowly decaying infront of TV or staring at the wall. Years and years from now this will make a great story for the grandkids! Thanks for keeping us posted

No problem, I'll be back with another someday. For now I'll be couch riding and trolling the Org. LOL

I for one will never go to that county again in a car or on the bike. Doyle was nice on the post to the prosecutor. They will never get another cent from me from buying gas for anything else in that county. I hope everone else will do the same then well send there tourism officials the post because thats all they have up there, tourist dollars.

As I said the other day on the phone to you, we sure missed you on the last ride and I wish it had not happened. Be sure to give me a call when your ready for me to tow your new ride to Iowa.Also would love to have you and the Mrs. stop in and hangout next time the two of you pass through KC. Can you say BBQ

well at least you came outta it with a license and a job yet hopefully you dont have to haul through iowa
wow.gif

Hell, he works out of Iowa.........the middle of it..........he'll just have to go on stealth mode.

Back