Speeding Ticket

paineless4u

Donating Member
Registered
Need some help, the wifey got pulled over yesterday for going 79 in a 70. When the ND State Trooper ran her license it came up as suspended in the State of GA March 14th 2005.
He said she was going to have to go to jail because of the suspended license. Oh and both kids were in the car too.
She said he was really nice about the whole thing and tried to contact GA to find out more but never got through.
He turned off his "onboard recorder" and told her he was going to let her go but to contact GA and find out why her license was suspended.

My question is how can this be possible since we were in Italy at that time and she never had any infractions on her license ever?

Oh it was $45 for speeding and $20 for driving on a suspended license.

Your thoughts?

Maybe someone with a warrant for his/her arrest got pulled over without ID, spouted out an imaginary name and a random ss# (one of which was your wife's), got a ticket under the assumed name/ss#, drove off and threw the ticket away. Months later, ticket is unpaid, license associated with either the assumed name or the ss# gets suspended. You know the rest of the story.

Good luck.

The date that he gave you was the date the license was suspended, not the date of the unpaid ticket or whatever else it could have been. Check with insurance and make sure its up to date, if it lapses or you changed companies then some will let the DHSMV know and they will suspend your license for driving without insurance. Good luck!

I was wondering if someone could run her license number and see what was the infraction. Any Officers in the house?

The date that he gave you was the date the license was suspended, not the date of the unpaid ticket or whatever else it could have been.  Check with insurance and make sure its up to date, if it lapses or you changed companies then some will let the DHSMV know and they will suspend your license for driving without insurance.  Good luck!
We haven't changed Ins Co in over 4 years.
I did get a parking ticket in Austria 2 years ago that I never paid....$14.00........only cause I didn't no where to send the money to:)

That is the only thing I can possibly think of.

i know when i was in ga, they had the cameras that took pics of you speeding ,going threw toll booths with out paying and then sent you a ticket. maybe she got one of these tickets and they couldnt find her???

i know when i was in ga, they had the cameras that took pics of you speeding ,going threw toll booths with out paying and then sent you a ticket. maybe she got one of these tickets and they couldnt find her???
Yeah I am not sure, but maybe since all the vehicles were registered in her name while stationed overseas, maybe we got one of those and they traced it back to her license in GA. Man that would suck if they clocked me on the Busa "traveling at a high rate of speed"

but since everything was registered in her name this whole thing might be my fault:(

she'll never let me live that one down:)

<!--EDIT|paineless4u
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137350407 -->

Run a credit check on yourself to make sure nobody has messed around with her identity. Probably nothing but if someone is out there using her name for a license they may be doing more than just getting fake licenses. Maybe her license is just not renewed?

Yeah I am not sure, but maybe since all the vehicles were registered in her name while stationed overseas, maybe we got one of those and they traced it back to her license in GA. Man that would suck if they clocked me on the Busa "traveling at a high rate of speed"

but since everything was registered in her name this whole thing might be my fault:(

she'll never let me live that one down:)
It's prolly the unpaid parking ticket. Hopefully they didn't issue a local arrest warrant for Failure to Appear as well. Check your PM's for a bit of advice.
wink.gif

That would definitely be the unexpected. Hope it all gets worked out.

I am sure it might be some sort of mix up. Her credit and identity is good, well at least a few months ago it was:)

Anyway I will try and contact GA and find out Tuesday, its just the suspense is killin me.

Sometimes you can go to your local Clerk of Courts in the Court House and they can check your Drivers license and your Criminal history which would include Driving and criminal offences if any! That might help you out or go to the Local DMV Office to check the ststus of her License.

It sounds like that somewhere there is a unpaid ticket in her name and her license was suspended because of it
sad.gif

Back