Investing advice

BlueBacon

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone here have legitimate investing advice for a chap going into 30?
I nearly doubled my savings from what I had at the beginning of the year due to working an absolutely STUPID amount of overtime the last few months and being a greedy-stingy bastad. I have a few ideas of what I want to do with it, but I'm gathering advice from several sources before I just toss my money into what I think are good ideas...there's a lot of wiser (and richer) folks on here than lil ole me and asking is free!
Not blowing it on new parts, 2nd house, strippers for @rubbersidedown, etc :lol: I'll delve into more details and factors if anyone is legitimately interested.

Steadily and purposefully purchase stock in the most successful companies. Today that may be Apple, Google, Amazon, etc. Also look for recession-proof industries. Once the money is planted let it grow ergo do not ever touch it. If you micromanage it like most investors you will simply lose. That is why computers do the work at the big firms now and why darts can many times beat senior investors with impressive titles.

Even though Apple is very expensive right now, every new device they sell is more expensive than the last but it sells tens of millions more. Thus current price does not necessarily dictate value. Apple today even is a great lesson in identifying good investments in the future.

In identifying new companies look for ones that are selling something profitable at a high rate. Always think, "What is selling out there? What is popular?" Do not be like most of us where we kept thinking in terms of the past while explosive trends happened right before our eyes. PAY ATTENTION to your reality throughout life. Never stop paying attention or get too distracted by work and home and such. Investing is a free second salary which requires zero hours of clocking in at work. That is why it deserves the same constant, vigilant attention that you provide to your job.

For additional investments filter companies that have had a stable or even increasing dividend for many years. That will help provide a more solid base among the products that turn out to be "here today, gone tomorrow."

Watch the long term as we all have a habit of getting caught up in the moment. For a stagnant economy, pressure builds up just waiting for a relief valve, like a simple change that sparks massive investment. Based on our history, by the time you are 50 you will likely have seen two periods of 8-10 years, one of stagnation and one of growth. You cannot beat history and due to certain factors the US keeps repeating it ad nauseam. Changes in the top marginal federal tax rates and any new regulation, such as for healthcare that affects business greatly (from 7-13% average of total compensation for Americans) can be significant indicators of what to expect in the short term.

No matter what the economic figures state, always see the glass as half full. The anemic growth from 2008-2016 kept stock prices low so it gave people the opportunity to buy more stock. This is going to have some surprising effects (more below.)

Not blowing it on new parts, 2nd house, strippers for @rubbersidedown, etc :lol: I'll delve into more details and factors if anyone is legitimately interested.

You are brilliant in living below your means and working and investing until it hurts. While you solicited for advice, most people cannot give you advice because you are already ahead of them from an attitude standpoint.

I know quite a few people in their mid-forties thinking about Financial Independence Retire Early (F.I.R.E.). Some have your attitude and some got lucky in being in the workforce during this period where the corporations began automatically subscribing employees to the 401k on day one of work.

I know people around your age who are darn good at what they do and thus I figured passionate about work. They surprised me and talk like they are 50-60, telling me that there is no way they are staying in the workforce but are getting out as soon as they have the opportunity to do other things. (They do not have huge salaries and are not rich. They merely have attitude.) This is part of "pay attention to what is going on." If you think hearing for the last eighty years "I cannot afford that. I am on a fixed income." is bad, just wait. Social Security assumes that the entire population will pay in until they are 62. A massive portion of the population is now going to drop off, at least from their peak wages, far earlier in life than 62. Say goodbye to a huge portion of the SS tax base. So much for assumptions!

I mention SS because it behooves you to consider in your retirement planning that with the depletion of SS or hyper inflation if the government turns on the cash printing press, you should plan essentially for shredding your SS check and being in a position where you do not require it. Absolutely do not put the SS emergency stipend on line 1 as "Primary Income" on your financial spreadsheet like most of the population has done until now. That choice is going to blow up in peoples' faces far worse than ever before.

The flip side of investment is that if salaried incomes that are taxed for SS plummet, the politicians could increase punitive income taxes. So if one is retired and pulling $15k out annually tax-free, because those are the rules that were promised to us, well, promises can and likely will be revoked. You have possibly already heard of politicians wanting to raid 401k and pension plans! However, the investment route is the route to success for now.

Last edited:
My good ex army buddy was a finance guy (something he got a good ribbing for after he changed MOS from Spec Ops) and is huge into investing, he tapped only one of his investment dividends to buy a 2020 Mustang GT PP1 with cash a month ago.

Although he helps me "dabble" a bit I will ask him what the strongest US investment stocks are out there as he only deals in these stocks..

He always tells me patience is the key to investing and just like @Hayabusa Wannabe says, don't micromanage them. He will check periodically and is amused when he loses $60 K one week and gains it all back and more in a couple weeks. I know he invests in US oil and it is up and down quite a bit but when it goes up, it climbs quickly and high.

@Hayabusa Wannabe nailed it IMO.
Stay diversified
Consider real estate (carefully)
Plan, plan, plan

I've ping-ponged between unimaginable wealth and abject poverty a few times after retiring early. Preferring the middle ground these days. My middle ground strategy: Always always focus on cash flow and make budget forecasts based on cash flow. Always always manage a reserve as if life depended on it

The Riders Analogy
  • Why do some riders practice ATGATT? It's protection for the unexpected.
  • Every risk taken should be a calculated risk
  • Be prepared for sand and gravel in turn exits - even if it looks clear.

There's a bunch of riding situations that are analogous to life (and investing). Hoping I've made a point.

[EDIT] AND DO YOUR RESEARCH!

I can't tell you what to do because I'm not yet at the stage where I know what to do nor do I have much excess to that I can invest anyway. However, having had a lot more when I was your age, one thing I can tell you is do not ever doubt that the market will come back, therefore do not EVER pull your investments when the market goes to hell. Obviously I wasn't around in 1929 but I had 60k (about $90k today if adjusted for inflation) just prior to 9/11. The market crashed, it didn't come back. Two years later, financial professionals were saying it might never come back, you might loose more and you might not get your initial investment to return until you are very old. I was persuaded to pay the backend fees that remained and pull what was left. We lost about 2/3 of our investment. I don't know what the wife did with that money (which was mine, BTW) but we were divorced a few years later and our assets were split (not that having half is a good thing but that's how it goes).

By 2010, I was being told I would have been ahead now had I left my money in the market....and that is true. I would have been much farther ahead and those investments would have made retiring by the age of 65 more feasible if I had left the money in, even if I only got half of it. It's hard to imagine anything as bad as the crash that took place after 2001 happening again but even if it does, always remeber, you have time. Work with it, don't panic and don't cash out at a loss, ever.

Another thing I can tell you is that you shouldn't rely solely on the advice of investment brokers. They are there to sell investments and focussing on optimising the investment of the average person is not profitable for them. I actually don't know how they get paid. I never paid a dime to the guy from Edwadr Jones that worked with me. If you don't pay for something, don't think you will get it. I would be careful about considering them to be an investment councilor even if that is their official title. If you dodn;t pay, they are not watching your investments closely and they won't rush to call you on the phone to offer advice. That is for the very wealthy investors who are more valued customers or have paid for that service. The normal guy gets thrown in the catchall hat with all the other normal people who get the routine approach to investing. You can learn that on your own if you take some interest.

One more tip, don't ever get divorced. If you do, have a prenup to protect both of you and if she says NO, walk. Also (and much more importantly), DO NOT get divorced if you have children with your wife. You will get screwed unless she is a total wackjob who is unfit to be a parent. See if you can work child support into your prenup. Don't ever think supporting children is an equitable joint venture because it sure is not if you get divorced. The only advice I can give is don't marry someone who isn't the greatest person you ever met. If you do, you are taking a tremendous risk and you need to protect the both of you. If you don't find someone in the next 4 or 5 years, in my opinion, you are unlikely to ever meet someone who beats out every other girl you have known in your life. As hard as it sounds, you might want to consider not having kids if you get married and that is the case. If anyone has serious arguments in the first 3 to 5 years, I think it's very likely they will end up divorced. Best you ever EVER had and 3 to 5 years of marital bliss. Remember that.

Last edited:
Maybe the marriage advice is off topic. Maybe you are married and maybe you do have kids. If so, the advice still might be of value for your family. I had people tell me after I was married and I didn't listen.

...and BTW, I would be giving the exact same advice to any woman.

Last edited:
Strippers,althou fun are not a good investment...or are they? They say "Sex Sell's" IDK.
If I had it to do all over again I would go real estate and medium risk investments. When I had money I chose a couple highly recommended investors. Unless you personally know what you are doing,I think "dabbling in the market" is not wise. I had an' investor at The Royal Bank (Canada) who was hot...good at investing too.:D I gave her 100K and she stuck a minimum of 600 bucks into my savings every month. My best months were 1200 bucks. I looked at the things she invested in. #1 was...The Royal Bank which at the time did billions in profit each year. Banks don't lose as a rule,IMO.
Real estate can be tricky. These days it seems harder to "flip" houses for huge profit like you used to be able to. An' old boss of my bought houses, but not to sell. He rented them out to cover the mortgage and any repairs that might come up. The repair money he invested in ultra low risk things so as to make a bit,but cover things like a new roofs when necessary. So,a 20-25 year mortgage gets paid off...boom, you own the house outright. Sure there are things like capital gains here in Canada that have to be factored in...but there are a lot of people out there that can't afford a mortgage,they don't look good enough on paper,but can pay 2K a month in rent. If they fall on hard times,you unfortunately have to give them the boot and move in somebody who can pay. Its all relative to your area,or the area you buy the houses in.
Treat it as 100% business. Don't move your ex brother in law into one of the houses for instance.
Sad to say...prolly harder for Americans than others around the world (as there is some hate) but look at Chinese/Asian investments. Right now their goal seems to be to take over the world...I think they are succeeding...for now anyway. Around here they are buying up everything. I have a couple friends who make huge money teaching English to our new friends/arrivals/investors. No chit. North Americans seem quite content to sell off everything to foreign investors. I guess for now it makes money/sense but how much will be left for your grandkids to own one day? Who knows?
My absolute dream,and small business fails all the time these days would be to invest in myself. If you had an' interest in something...anything you like...that could turn even a small profit,I would do that.
"Money isn't everything"
"Money doesn't buy happiness"
"Money...blah blah blah"
Money buys freedom. I should have bought my own bike shop. Would have had the building and land paid for easily by now. Something I love to do...put some bread on the table at the same time. It's easy to work 60-80 hours a week when you love what you are doing. Is it really even WORK then? Or is it a hobby,you get paid to do.
I partied away everything I had. Made poor choices,but had a blast. I told friends and family I was doing it backwards. I spent about 15 years not working. Just party,ride and travel. Now in the "Autumn of my years" :laugh: I shall have to pay for those good times. I just never really worried to much about having big bucks when I'm 70 years old. What the fug then...start travelling around on a hopped-up electric wheelchair. I have no regrets. They answer for folks like you at your age in my opinion...find the happy medium. Work hard for sure,but not too hard so that the sweet things in life get put off...
"I'll do that when I retire" sure,if you can still walk,still go 20 minutes without needing a bathroom or a nap.
The "happy medium" bro,whatever you choose.
For me,I'll be standing at the entrance to Walmart greeting people wearing a Busa t-shirt hoping they'll recognize the Kanji and beg them to listen to my "I remember when I had a turbo Hayabusa, stories"

Now,back to the strippers. I say you gotta invest a little bit locally,it's good for the economy.

single moms.jpg

Rubb.

He always tells me patience is the key to investing and just like @Hayabusa Wannabe says, don't micromanage them. He will check periodically and is amused when he loses $60 K one week and gains it all back and more in a couple weeks. I know he invests in US oil and it is up and down quite a bit but when it goes up, it climbs quickly and high.
I am really looking into about 40% of my portfolio being in oil right now due to how affordable the prices are...sure oil is going to go away eventually, but no commercial/industrial boat or plane is running full electric yet so there is still plenty of years for it to recover from this current crisis.
I can't tell you what to do because I'm not yet at the stage where I know what to do nor do I have much excess to that I can invest anyway. However, having had a lot more when I was your age, one thing I can tell you is do not ever doubt that the market will come back, therefore do not EVER pull your investments when the market goes to hell. Obviously I wasn't around in 1929 but I had 60k (about $90k today if adjusted for inflation) just prior to 9/11. The market crashed, it didn't come back. Two years later, financial professionals were saying it might never come back, you might loose more and you might not get your initial investment to return until you are very old. I was persuaded to pay the backend fees that remained and pull what was left. We lost about 2/3 of our investment. I don't know what the wife did with that money (which was mine, BTW) but we were divorced a few years later and our assets were split (not that having half is a good thing but that's how it goes).

By 2010, I was being told I would have been ahead now had I left my money in the market....and that is true. I would have been much farther ahead and those investments would have made retiring by the age of 65 more feasible if I had left the money in, even if I only got half of it. It's hard to imagine anything as bad as the crash that took place after 2001 happening again but even if it does, always remeber, you have time. Work with it, don't panic and don't cash out at a loss, ever.

Another thing I can tell you is that you shouldn't rely solely on the advice of investment brokers. They are there to sell investments and focussing on optimising the investment of the average person is not profitable for them. I actually don't know how they get paid. I never paid a dime to the guy from Edwadr Jones that worked with me. If you don't pay for something, don't think you will get it. I would be careful about considering them to be an investment councilor even if that is their official title. If you dodn;t pay, they are not watching your investments closely and they won't rush to call you on the phone to offer advice. That is for the very wealthy investors who are more valued customers or have paid for that service. The normal guy gets thrown in the catchall hat with all the other normal people who get the routine approach to investing. You can learn that on your own if you take some interest.

One more tip, don't ever get divorced. If you do, have a prenup to protect both of you and if she says NO, walk. Also (and much more importantly), DO NOT get divorced if you have children with your wife. You will get screwed unless she is a total wackjob who is unfit to be a parent. See if you can work child support into your prenup. Don't ever think supporting children is an equitable joint venture because it sure is not if you get divorced. The only advice I can give is don't marry someone who isn't the greatest person you ever met. If you do, you are taking a tremendous risk and you need to protect the both of you. If you don't find someone in the next 4 or 5 years, in my opinion, you are unlikely to ever meet someone who beats out every other girl you have known in your life. As hard as it sounds, you might want to consider not having kids if you get married and that is the case. If anyone has serious arguments in the first 3 to 5 years, I think it's very likely they will end up divorced. Best you ever EVER had and 3 to 5 years of marital bliss. Remember that.
100% not doing "day trading"...I absolutely agree with y'all that it is a surefire way to lose your funds. Having just started my pitiful little stock portfolio earlier this year, I would say if you don't have the discipline to let it sit...go to a broker/advisor. I can definitely see how people liken it to gambling.

I have a minuscule portfolio started in Robinhood (love the app) and I am looking at moving my IRA to Vanguard next year, converting it to a roth account in the process.

I have yet to hear a married individual advise AGAINST a prenup...absolutely a requirement for if I'm ever lucky enough to find someone worthwhile!
Real estate can be tricky. These days it seems harder to "flip" houses for huge profit like you used to be able to. An' old boss of my bought houses, but not to sell. He rented them out to cover the mortgage and any repairs that might come up. The repair money he invested in ultra low risk things so as to make a bit,but cover things like a new roofs when necessary. So,a 20-25 year mortgage gets paid off...boom, you own the house outright. Sure there are things like capital gains here in Canada that have to be factored in...but there are a lot of people out there that can't afford a mortgage,they don't look good enough on paper,but can pay 2K a month in rent. If they fall on hard times,you unfortunately have to give them the boot and move in somebody who can pay. Its all relative to your area,or the area you buy the houses in.
Treat it as 100% business. Don't move your ex brother in law into one of the houses for instance.
10-4 on treating property as a business! I bought my house 6yrs ago and I am refinancing it right now to cut down the years and interest while the rates are low. I have only rented the rooms to trusted friends and I still made them sign a contract! I would love to buy a rental house, but I decided to payoff my house first before I get roped into a 2nd mortgage...it is absolutely insane with renting though. You are absolutely correct about the renters paying off the house...my house has a twin across the road and the renters there pay over double my monthly mortgage :shocked: easy way to make passive income...definitely looking into it after a few years.
"Money isn't everything"
"Money doesn't buy happiness"
"Money...blah blah blah"
Money buys freedom. I should have bought my own bike shop. Would have had the building and land paid for easily by now. Something I love to do...put some bread on the table at the same time. It's easy to work 60-80 hours a week when you love what you are doing. Is it really even WORK then? Or is it a hobby,you get paid to do.
I partied away everything I had. Made poor choices,but had a blast. I told friends and family I was doing it backwards. I spent about 15 years not working. Just party,ride and travel. Now in the "Autumn of my years" :laugh: I shall have to pay for those good times. I just never really worried to much about having big bucks when I'm 70 years old. What the fug then...start travelling around on a hopped-up electric wheelchair. I have no regrets. They answer for folks like you at your age in my opinion...find the happy medium. Work hard for sure,but not too hard so that the sweet things in life get put off...
"I'll do that when I retire" sure,if you can still walk,still go 20 minutes without needing a bathroom or a nap.
The "happy medium" bro,whatever you choose.
For me,I'll be standing at the entrance to Walmart greeting people wearing a Busa t-shirt hoping they'll recognize the Kanji and beg them to listen to my "I remember when I had a turbo Hayabusa, stories"

Rubb.
"Money buys freedom"...damn right!
I have too many friends too short on cash to pay bills, get gas, visit family, etc...I doubt I'll ever be rich, but I strive to never be so broke I have to decide between food or gas for the week.
I don't want to win the lottery to be living on yacht with 5 whores...I want to be able to take a week-long vacation without pinching pennies for a year!

And I agree: I don't want to be rolling in dough at 70yrs old on dialysis. I'd rather have some spending money at 40 or 50 so I can still travel or see the relatives without having to pack my blue pills and depends :laugh:

100% not doing "day trading"...I absolutely agree with y'all that it is a surefire way to lose your funds.
Actually my 85 year old mom has been pretty successful with the sell stop stratagy throughout life. Of course, she has all day to watch what's going on and she has a pile of money to work with. That's who gave me and the X the 60 grand back in 2001. She had it invested for us and my wife was pissed because we paid taxes on it but it was in me and my mom's name. I almost begged my mom not to give it to us. We were having problems already. I told her we might get divorced. Sure enough. Mom's pretty savvy on the day trading but she doesn't think I know shite. See that's why you need to watch your parents like kids when they get old. They still think they know more than you do about your own business so it's pretty likely they might get pressured or conned by somebody outside the family. My x did a good job of that 20 years ago.

Thanks for the replies and advice! I wish I knew what I did now about investing and compound interest 10yrs ago, but thank God I'm young enough and in a financial position to still make something happen.

I am in the process of refinancing my 30yr loan at 4.374% (24yrs left) to a 20yr at 3.0%. It will instantly cutoff 4yrs and a crapload of interest. I have always made extra payments and if I am able to continue them, then I will have my house paid off in 10-12yrs with the new loan. I have no hair, kids, wife, or social life and no debt except the mortgage. All of my spare post-budget cash is going towards paying off the house...a mortgage payment back in my pocket is HUGE and then the place is MINE!
I will probably rent it out afterwards and buy a 2nd house OR stay in it and buy 2-3 smaller rental properties aimed at college kids or temporary military.

I started buying stocks through Robinhood in May of this year when the market crashed and free-trading became the new normal. My friend that got me started does a little bit of buy/hold day trading, but I'm primarily sticking with old/big companies and ETFs. The idea is to buy while the market is trash and hold for a minimum of 10 years before I do anything with them. A lot of travel related things are crazy cheap (oil, cruises, flights, etc) and are going to come back to some sort of normality within the next 5 years unless someone pops off a nuke. I'm looking at budgeting about 10-15% of my income at the market from now on.

I have a chinsey $6,000 IRA account leftover from my cop job that is now just a renamed CD account at my bank. I'm looking at moving it to an investment company (Vanguard) so that I can actually invest with it and see some sort of return. I'll be converting it into a Roth IRA whenever I do the transfer since I do not forsee myself ever having a job that pays the $139,000/yr limit.
I may transition the majority of my stock investing to whichever financial company I move my IRA into since it will definitely be older and more respected than Robinhood :p

So long as I can keep a $33,000/year job without becoming disabled or obtaining medical debt, then I believe I can create a self-made (not through a job) retirement. Like @Hayabusa Wannabe said, SS is not a viable option anymore. I don't plan on it being around when I finally hit the qualifying age so I need to buckle down and get the compound interest ball rolling.

I have yet to hear a married individual advise AGAINST a prenup...absolutely a requirement for if I'm ever lucky enough to find someone worthwhile!
You're thinking straight. A prenup must be a real romance killer. Romance is important when you first go into a first and hopefully only marriage. Get it out of the way well in advance to popping the question. it's there for you both.

SS is not a viable option anymore. I don't plan on it being around when I finally hit the qualifying age
I believe it will be there for you too. we all heard it wouldn't be there for us when we were in 4th grade. It's still there. I have a buddy making it on SS right now. Of course, you want to live at the same standard of living you did when you retired which is what most people aim for these days. That's something new that popped up in the last 30 years or so. Be prepared since you have time to plan. I'm not worried about you. You have have your head on right.

Anyone here have legitimate investing advice for a chap going into 30?
I nearly doubled my savings from what I had at the beginning of the year due to working an absolutely STUPID amount of overtime the last few months and being a greedy-stingy bastad. I have a few ideas of what I want to do with it, but I'm gathering advice from several sources before I just toss my money into what I think are good ideas...there's a lot of wiser (and richer) folks on here than lil ole me and asking is free!
I would suggest waiting for another big drop in the market,like we had in March.
Stocks look overbought to me,but for sure wait til the election is over and the Pres. is sworn in to make any decisions..........no hurry.

@BlueBacon there are so many opinions out there. Research them all in depth. Listen to the oldtimers (like me) and learn from our mistakes.
The house thing...books have been written that say buying a house for (examples) 500K. By the time you get it paid off,it cost you a million. So what. We all need somewhere to live. Its the #1 thing in life. Some say if yer mortgage is 1K a month,dont buy,rent for 500 and invest the other 5. Great until things tank. Real estate can tank too,but you still need somewhere to live. Owning is good/bad. When the roof leaks...bad. When you build a shop in the backyard to wrench yer Busa...good. :thumbsup:
My lady friends all tell me that "Bit chez be crazy". Ya,coming from women. :laugh: Its a fast paced crazy world out there and there are some nut jobs. I would totally ask for a pre-nup. But there are alternatives. Just never tell them exactly how much you make or how much you have invested or any property you own. If yer seeing a new lady feel them out. I love the the "My cousin or my friend bit." You want an' answer to a question,pose it like this: "My buddy has a friend who is getting married and he asked the bride-to-be for a pre-nup,what do you think of that?" BOOM...you'll get yer answer, then decide if she's a keeper after that. It works for so many scenarios. "My buddy rides with the boys every weekend,what do you think of that?" "I know a guy who refuses to go antique-ing with his girl on Sundays 'cause he watches football,what do you think of that?"
I'm a pretty honest person,I usually just dump everything like I mentioned above on the first fuggin' date. If they run screaming for the exit...oh well. Surprisingly enough,its not usually a deal breaker.
But don't take my advice Bro, I've been married 3X and had about 10 "live-ins"...I just love being punished. :laugh: I've told some of the boyz on here some awesome life stories. Had a GF about 4 or 5 GF's ago who stabbed me...awesome right.
rofl.gif
get this,when she got out of jail...
I took her back.
rofl.gif

Beotch's Be Crazy man,be carefull out there.
Rubb.

I took a class from a local professor who does them for free to help people learn the basics of investing for retirement. There were 20 year old and 65 year old people in there. Most of the stuff I already knew, but there was some though provoking stuff in there too. It confirmed my thoughts as not crazy.

I had been using an advisor for quite a few years previously. I dropped my advisor and went with what I had been thinking about previously, although armed with more information and confidence. Essentially it is minimizing costs, balancing the portfolio, and stay in the whole market. I use Vanguard, and I like low fee Index ETF's. My 401k is at Fidelity in really, really low fee Index Mutual Funds. With this strategy I get what the market yields. I don't like individual stocks because I don't know more than what the market already knows and while I may pick a winner, I will also pick a loser. I'm happy with market yields and very low fees.

(Not necessarily for Americans only.) Due to the forthcoming planned punitive financial policies of the likely Biden administration, this will be one of those periods I detailed of relative stagnation. Like 2009-2016, federal policies will significantly depress corporate investment and keep pricing artificially low. This is the greatest gift that we could ever get in life. In fact this specifically will help to generate the next horde of F.I.R.E. members. YOU should be one of them! Why not? You might want to wait for the election to finish and the stock market to shake out a bit before beginning any new and consistent long-term investing, but, who knows.

If you are reading this and you are in a phase of life where your primary financial concern is establishing a career, devastation to investment means that professional hiring is going to get clobbered. I wish you luck but no matter the pain, do not fret. The economy is cyclic and opportunities will return. Keep in mind that the long-term investment is a second job and can significantly overcome income stagnation. While everyone loves them, we in fact excessively focus on jobs and raises. Our problems as Americans always come from the spending side and lack of investment.

Time to make a humongous batch of lemonade with the sour fruit handed to us. Good luck and God speed my friends!

"(Reuters) - U.S. stock futures jumped on Thursday as investors bet that a Republican held Senate would block any moves by a Joe Biden administration to tighten regulation and raise taxes on corporate America..."

Apparently we could have a lame duck president on day one. I am kinda slow (kinda?) I had not thought about that. It could certainly nix what I wrote above.

"(Reuters) - U.S. stock futures jumped on Thursday as investors bet that a Republican held Senate would block any moves by a Joe Biden administration to tighten regulation and raise taxes on corporate America..."

Apparently we could have a lame duck president on day one. I am kinda slow (kinda?) I had not thought about that. It could certainly nix what I wrote above.
There are a lot of factors and prior history to go through...still solid advice to throw between my ears :)

Back