Introduction

Ricker

Registered
Hi all....

First post to the board, been reading with great interest, learning lots..chuckles at some of it.

Bought my 06 in March in Montreal Quebec.

July 06 got tired of Corporate life..resigned, packed my gear, shipped it west and hit the road.

9000 Km's later I landed in Alberta.

All those weeks on the road I had 2 rain days..met alot of great people...wore out a tire..did 2 oil changes. Today................I remembered what I disliked about city riding. Parked at a store...came out to find my Busa laying on its side. Broken brake lever, scuffed mirror, scuffed exhaust....and..............A BROKEN FAIRING.

What did I learn from this? Avoid parking lots...park inside the store.

Anyways...I have posted on parts wanted, and will be back polished the unbroken side of the Busa.

Rick

Welcome Ricker! I'm sorry to read what happened but it seems you still have a sense of humor about it.

So you know, you have to park your Busa in the smoking section in restaurants.

Hey Ricker. Welcome and sorry to hear about the parking lot mishap. It sounds like you'll fit right in around here
smile.gif

Well to tell you the truth ...all of Canada is a no smoking section now...so I'll have to push it in I guess. That brings up something else.....a Fella from out west sees my Quebec plate comments " You rode that thing all the way out here"? I replied...yes..it was too hard to push. Have to keep my sense of humour...otherwise I'd be hunting Calgary for a car with a Hayabusa paint scuff on it.

Thats just the bike officially welcoming you to it. I had mine 2 weeks and it went over while it was parked in the lot. wasnt even in the store 5 minutes lol. As said before , youll fit right in lol.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
Everything happens for a reason, just like you leaving your job.

Something will come your way as a result of this.

I'm sure we would love to see pics of your travels. (are they in another thread. ?)

Well now....pics are coming.....have to wait for ALL my stuff to make it from the east...my cam software and cables being in one missing box....odd how that happens.

Thanks for the kind words....I did sorta kinda melt some pavement in the parking lot....cursing....sorta an instant reaction. Isn't it amazing how much you can lift with an adrenelin rush?

(Ricker @ Sep. 18 2006,20:22) Well now....pics are coming.....have to wait for ALL my stuff to make it from the east...my cam software and cables being in one missing box....odd how that happens.

Thanks for the kind words....I did sorta kinda melt some pavement in the parking lot....cursing....sorta an instant reaction. Isn't it amazing how much you can lift with an adrenelin rush?
True... but I'm feeling the painful effects right now because my back is KILLING ME!!!

Welcome!

Welcome to the Org.... Sorry to hear about your bike. Post up in the wanted section and you'll be up and running before you know it.

Back