Internet Connection Speed?

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
What kind of numbers are you working with?

I was a little surprised by this one today. No complaints though... It's quite a bit better than I expected to get on wi-fi.

Speed Test 3-11-13.png

2566420117.png

11.42. Mbps for me from home. I was thinkn about upgrading. its only like another $5 a month.

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of numbers are you working with?

I was a little surprised by this one today. No complaints though... It's quite a bit better than I expected to get on wi-fi.
is that from home? looks like ur running a T3 connection there which is usually for businesses and very expensive. its like $2000 a month. chit must load before u finish clicking....:laugh:

No, that's at school. :laugh:

I get a about 57 down/38 up at home, plugged in. My router slows it down a lot.

3Mb download, 1Mb upload on DSL at the house. Although, I am grateful to get that because we live out in the country and thought we were going to have to get on Hughes Net.

My original post was made at The University of Tennessee - Knoxville. I did that on an open wireless network, so I don't really know what our system's full potential would be. We're really fortunate to have some good tech going on in East TN right now. We have 50 Mbps ($57.99) all the way up to 1000 Mbps ($299.99) available for residential service in Chattanooga, and ORNL has Titan just down the road.

I know there are some other hot spots around the country, so I was just wondering what sort of stuff is available everywhere else. :beerchug:

i'm currently paying $29.99 and can step up to 100 Mbps/5 Mbps but don't need it as i never have to wait and can't type any faster anyway :laugh:

I know what you mean. Our 50 Mbps at home is the slowest service available, and I can't imagine needing anything more for personal computing. Maybe we should open up the Org backup center. :thumbsup:

I know what you mean. Our 50 Mbps at home is the slowest service available, and I can't imagine needing anything more for personal computing. Maybe we should open up the Org backup center. :thumbsup:

i've seen what Cap has in his office and i don't think my service would even handle that (which is just the easy lifting), much less trying to back up the whole thing :laugh:

i've seen what Cap has in his office and i don't think my service would even handle that (which is just the easy lifting), much less trying to back up the whole thing :laugh:

I wouldn't know what to do with it anyway... :rofl:

Internet connections suck here in S.W. Missouri, I'm getting around 5.3Mb download and .62MB upload. Best it gets in my neighborhood, and costs $43 per month. :banghead:

Back