Insurance rates

avolfan

Registered
I just sold a zrx1100 and considering a busa, I didn't see a search for the forum and I'm sure this has been discussed plenty but what kind of insurance rates are you guys paying. I'm early 40's with no accidents.

OK I'll start... I'm a few years younger than you, and no accidents. insured w/state farm. almost full coverage @ $490/year.

lurk.gif
lurk.gif

lurk.gif

Liability is the same for me as the 750 and Vmax. I put theft&vandalism on the busa for just over $200/yr extra.

35 years old, no citations, cdl license, 70 bucks a month for full coverage, uninsured plus gap coverage. State Farm.

$750/yr full coverage, 38 1 speeding ticket (off record now). Both cars, bike and house insured with same company.

For a ballpark figure, go to geico.com or progressive.com then shop your local agent...

Welcome to the Org.
beerchug.gif
and as stated above try shopping around but you may find State Farm to be the best. Mines 490 a year full coverage.

I'm 34, no accidents, tickets, etc and mine's $187 a year full coverage with State Farm (I moved all 7 bikes and everything else over so I got a big discount).

Geico and Progressive won't be in the ballpark and he'll end up with 2 inquiries on his credit report...get enough of them and your credit score will drop a few points.

I pay $280 a year for full coverage through State Farm. $300K liabilities plus uninsured and underinsured protection.

Geico and Progressive were in the $2000 to $3000 range when I checked.

29 and pay about 700/yr full coverage plus fire and theft with USAA, 1 ticket another ding i don't wanna discuss

(Turbo-Torch @ Sep. 26 2007,07:10) Geico and Progressive won't be in the ballpark and he'll end up with 2 inquiries on his credit report...get enough of them and your credit score will drop a few points.
I have always been told this..... When the insurance pulls your credit it is a "soft" inquiry and doesn't count against your score.  The only ones that affect your score are when you actually apply for credit.

Oh yeah,...State Farm..... full coverage, 480 a year

Thanks for the response, I checked today and was told by state farm that it based on nothing but cc's. So I got him to quote me on a new Victory, new Bus and a new VFR800 and they all were 600 year. He was surprised the VFR wasn't cheaper.

I saved a bunch of money by switching to . . .

. . . Farm Bureau. About 30% less than State Farm. I'd compare State Farm to Farm Bureau and see what happens.

Whatever you do, avoid Progressive like the plague. They have ridiculous rates and their company practices are, in my opinion, not only unethical but not customer favorable at all.

--Wag--

(craigntx @ Sep. 26 2007,09:44) 42 with clean record
$60 a mo full cov in tx
Dayum, that's cheap for Texas insurance. Who are you with? I'd like some of that.

I have full coverage in Texas with State Farm. I'm 59, no records
Full coverage meaning :
liability, with bodily injury and property damage
$200 deductable collision
other then collision (whatever that is)
personal injury protection
uninsured/underinsured motorist with bodily injury and property damage
It cost me $1122 per year.
I could drop the medical stuff and knock it down to $750 a year.

Back