Insurance rates

AMong

Registered
Going to get a busa here soon. Waiting to see what '06 has to offer, if nothing new then ill get an 02 or 03 busa and save a little . Im going to call my insurance company tommorow and check it out, but I figured I would throw the question out there to see what you guys think. What are you guys paying for insurance. Im 18 , no tickets, no accidents, perfect driving record. Wondering if the rates are goign to kill me, I dont want to end up ,over two years, paying enough to buy another busa . I thought about Buying the bike and registering it under my fathers name, because he would get a much better rate. What do you think?

Going to get a busa here soon. Waiting to see what '06 has to offer, if nothing new then ill get an 02 or 03 busa and save a little . Im going to call my insurance company tommorow and check it out, but I figured I would throw the question out there to see what you guys think. What are you guys paying for insurance. Im 18 , no tickets, no accidents, perfect driving record. Wondering if the rates are goign to kill me, I dont want to end up ,over two years, paying enough to buy another busa . I thought about Buying the bike and registering it under my fathers name, because he would get a much better rate. What do you think?
18 and getting a busa? If the insurance don't kill you, the busa prolly will...
wink.gif
Dude, start on something else. Please...
rock.gif

FULL COVERAGE FOR ME IS ABOUT $720 YEAR ROUND. MASS. IS THE WORST IN THE NATION. NO FLEX WHAT SO EVER.

well your 18 dont do it in dads name that would mak him responsable if ya screw up call around state farm was cheapest for me but i have my house and 3 cars there along with other play toys
wink.gif

i got my busa when i was 22. and mines like $323 every 6months with full cov. 300/100/50. the only reason its so cheap is because my car and inc for my house. with out the car $3200 a year big difference. thats with state farm

oh man...please dont start this topic again, let me assure you... been riding motorcross bikes since I was 5 , racing motorcross bikes sing I was 10 , Have had an R6 , Gix 1k , and currently have two bikes, also ride a buddy's busa on a regular basis. Not trying to boast or anything of the sort, but our family is probably the most motorcycle oriented family you will find. We live and breathe them !
cool.gif

If you register the bike in your fathers name the Insurance policy will have to be in his name. If you are listed as a driver of the busa on his policy the insurance is still going to be really high. If your not listed as a driver of the busa and wreck the insurance company won't cover it. I'm 28 and pay $27 a month full coverage through State Farm. At 18, I would guess your going to be pushing $300 a month for full coverage. The nice thing about State Farm is that they base their rates on the displacement of the bike not what type of bike it is.

I'm 36 and I pay $500 a year for the Busa. I also have 2 cars, three trucks, My house, 3 trailers, Liability Insurance, My shop Insurance and My Harley with them. I think they're giving me a break for Multiple policies
wink.gif
. Company Name is Auto Owners Insurance Co. Oh... I forgot to mention that My wife also works for them.
cool.gif

I am 25 and pay 500 a year full coverage with USAA, last I heard...no new bike policies written, they will add bikes if you have one currently, but will otherwise refer you to progressive if this is your first bike with them. State farm gave me an identical quote if I switched my truck, so I would try them first, they seem to be the lowest.

oh man...please dont start this topic again, let me assure you... been riding motorcross bikes since I was 5 , racing motorcross bikes sing I was 10 , Have had an R6 , Gix 1k , and currently have two bikes, also ride a buddy's busa on a regular basis. Not trying to boast or anything of the sort, but our family is probably the most motorcycle oriented family you will find. We live and breathe them !
cool.gif
I don't give a shid... You're still 18... I could grow up in a family of aviators but that wouldn't mean I was ready to fly a frickin' F22 Lightning. Again, you're 18 and you're going to do stupid stuff. We all did and you will, too. Just how life works. Hell, I was 33 when I got my busa and I done stupid stuff on it. Not as stupid as I would have been on it at 18 though...

I'm not knocking you as a person, I just don't think there's an 18 year old ANYWHERE that is responsible enough to own a busa... period.

+1

What BT said. Insurance companies don't see/care how much skill you have but what sort of LIABILITY you will be and that's where they make their money. You might be paying as much in insurance yearly as you will IN MSRP ON THE BUSA!!!

I don't give a shid... You're still 18... I could grow up in a family of aviators but that wouldn't mean I was ready to fly a frickin' F22 Lightning. Again, you're 18 and you're going to do stupid stuff. We all did and you will, too. Just how life works. Hell, I was 33 when I got my busa and I done stupid stuff on it. Not as stupid as I would have been on it at 18 though...

I'm not knocking you as a person, I just don't think there's an 18 year old ANYWHERE that is responsible enough to own a busa... period.
CHUUCH BT CHUUCH

At 18 yrs on a busa you got tooooo much balls and not enough cock

Do a search on two topics on this forum, and READ:

1. Insurance (Hint: Some young riders have gotten quotes as high as $12,000 a year.)

2. Is the Busa a good first bike? (Hint: Lot's of great advice.)

Either of the two subjects will kill you; either finanically or physically. Save a bunch. Buy something smaller and ride it until you're 25. Your rates will be lower and by 25 your skill level will improve to the point where you'll actually be able to enjoy the Busa without getting killed. Good luck.

I got a quote for something like $4000.00 from 1 company & Im 32 with no violations. Found me a better company and pay about $280.00 per year. It all varies on state, company, and risk potential I guess, but Im willing to bet at 18 the Insurance Co's have their reasons for Mega-Super duper inflated rates for a 18 year old Busa pilot. Good luck to ya', I hope you enjoy what ever you get and have a lifetime of enjoyable riding.
cool.gif

If you are responsible you will have no problems riding a Bus. It's between the ears and in your right hand. You can't kid yourself on this, there is no room for error. It is not the fire breathing monster it is sometimes cut out to be. All sportbikes are deadly fast, dangerous when operated in a dangerous manner. As for insurance, that will be a major hurdle due to your age. Whatever you do, don't EVER give in to peer pressure. Know your limits and stick to 'em. If you exceed them the Busa will point that out to you, possibly with deadly results.

BTW- If you're looking for a track bike or a stunt bike, you don't want a Bus.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127219318 -->

You claim to have lots of motorcycle experience but you don't seem to have much life experience do you?

Firstly, you want to transfer your liability to "daddy" so his insurance rates get jacked when you bend your 'Busa (just so you can get a low rate), and secondly, you're asking us for advice on insurance rates when you could just pick up a phone or log into an insurance website and request some quotes.

Of course you're going to pay high insurance rates, you're eighteen, any insurance company would consider you very high risk (if they'll consider you at all.)

Why are you asking the questions if you don't like the answers? Haven't spent much time reading the posts here have you? Most of the riders on this board care enough about other rider's wellbeing that they aren't going to be cheering you on for what could be an expensive (and fatal) mistake. And bear in mind that your initial post didn't include any mention of previous experience either, so what are we supposed to think?

I for one am getting tired of these posts where teenagers brag about getting a 'Busa. Most of them aren't heard of again after a few posts, either because they realize we aren't impressed, scared themselves out of their flip-flops, or they folded themselves into the nearest tree at 80mph.

Go ahead and buy a 'Busa and pay sky-high insurance premiums. Good luck to you (if you have a real love for riding and a desire to learn the skills to do it properly.) I hope it's worth it down the road.

I have to agree with what everyone here has said so far, some are a little more pointed where others are a little more elloquent ... the message is still the same.

At 18, regardless of riding experience (unless you are a motoGP or other professional level rider already) I would be willing to bet an insurance company will not touch you, if they do it will be for some astronomical premium price and yes, I have heard of yearly premiums higher than the purchase price of the bike
wow.gif
or they will write you for liability ONLY (means you gotta pay for the bike outright, no loans)

Here's something to consider, speaking from my own experience with this btw.

If you get your parents to put this bike on their policy, as you as the primary driver, your rate will still suck, though maybe not as much .... keeping in mind thats *IF* they write the policy in the first place.  The down side to this is you will need to carry 10x the liability coverage that you would if its just you.  Reason being, if you fug up....errr when you fug up and if it involves other people (ie not you wrecking on your own) then the "victims" will sue you and your parents (as the policy holders) .... you/they will lose and everything that your parents have worked for all their lives will be gone ... unless they are incredibly rich, in which case they can just buy you the bike outright, pay the liability coverage and be done with it.  Now, my folks didnt loose everything BUT my father is a lawyer and made damn sure I carried PLENTY of liability coverage just in case.  Fortunately when I wrecked it only hurt me and my bike....but I also carried in well in excess of $5 Million in liability coverage
wow.gif

Now in addition to all of this insurance stuff, you probably cant qualify for a loan on your own for this bike. So unless you cut a *LOT* of grass or sold a lot of it
laugh.gif
j/k thats a whole other side that will suck at the dealer.

Again from personal experience, get something like a Katana600 or similar....you'll learn faster/safer and can probably swing the finances and insurance on that
cool.gif

wow.gif

Back