Insurance cost

Dc_165

Registered
What's up y'all. Just sold my 08 Busa and am looking at buying a 2018. My only issue is insurance rates. I have a clean record and am 41 years old. The best rate I could find for my 08 was $1200 a year for full coverage. I've had R1s in the past and they usually ran around 6-800 a year. Have y'all found any better pricing ? Thanks. Picture is the 08 I sold.

Screenshot_20181008-165646.png

Shop around extensively is my advice. There are so many variables, your zip code, your record, the number of vehicles insured, the length of time you’ve had insurance already, etc etc. I’ve been with Nationwide for decades so my costs are about as good as they get. Good luck in the hunt. BTW, why are you going for an 18? It’s ten years newer but hardly different from the 08.

I've never bought any vehicle or motorcycle new, so my rates are already reasonable. My wife also rides, so we have 2 cars and 2 bikes. Our collision deductible for each is $250.

If you can, set up a higher collision deductible to lower monthly/yearly rate. Later you can lower the collision deductible if you so choose.

Good luck !!

State Farm
I had good luck with State Farm on the motorcycle insurance, but they tried to get me on the cars on this last renewal, so I went to progressive and saved over 1k on the 2 cars combined for for the year with same coverage I had with State Farm.

I had good luck with State Farm on the motorcycle insurance, but they tried to get me on the cars on this last renewal, so I went to progressive and saved over 1k on the 2 cars combined for for the year with same coverage I had with State Farm.
State Farm is good for year one decent in year 2 suck after that. most prob do the same. I have country financial with a 09 I started at $17 a month and it’s it up $23 a month for full coverage $500 deductible. My boss just told me he got great deal on home owners on his1.3mil house and told me he’s $400 every 6 months on a brand new navigator and town car through esurance. Shop around and look at places that are not the places everyone has heard of.

$840 a year for a
2018 road king special
2013 busa with $12k in options
97 wideglide

Full coverage 250k/500k
600 deductible
Uninsured underinsured as well.

Bundled with cars homes etc

Allstate

Last edited:
$840 a year for a
2018 road king special
2013 busa with $12k in options
97 wideglide

Full coverage 250k/500k
600 deductible
Uninsured underinsured as well.

Bundled with cars homes etc
Want to share name of company?

I'm 60 and pay $0.00 per annum.
Here in NZ, vehicle insurance is optional, although if you buy a vehicle on finance, the finance company demands the vehicle is insured whilst the finance contract is in force.
I buy all my vehicles outright so don't bother insuring, but having 3rd party cover is a good idea. And quite cheap too, around $200 per annum.
Full cover for the Busa is about $600 per annum.
The licence fee for 12 months for the Busa is $580.

I also have not insured my bike , but have compulsory 3rd party insurance with my yearly registration . I am thinking hard about it though , I have dropped the L2 at 'low to no speed' on 2 occasions , and the cost / time to repair with factory replacements ain't cheap , even though I get looked after well at my shop . Still , don't think I would get all my mods covered in the quote to my liking , for reasonable $ fee .

Back