Insurance Beating around the bush

werdkat

Registered
Okay yeah so I must rant and rave a bit about insurance companies and their policies regarding bike thefts. I hope no one has to go through with this. However if you do have to, at least you will have an idea of what you have to jump through in order for things to get going. Also, remember your the criminal. Not the victim. I am also with State Farm. They have never been as bad as they were with this incident. Wow, it is definately a learning experience. Day 45.
soapbox.gif

My rachael was taken from me back on June 26th. I made the police call as soon as I saw her missing picked up the report and turned it into my insurance company within 3 days. The insurance company sent me a theft afivdavid form, which I filled out and promptly returned to help in this. At this point the Auto Claims Adjuster told me that it would be 30 days before I heard from him again. That of course was fine with me and I was totally understanding cause I wanted her back.

33 days later still nothing from him. I called and left a msg with claim number this was 10 am. By 5 I still haven't heard anything. I call my agent since he wasn't answering 2 phone calls. She gets on the bat phone and gets him. He calls me back and says he will be expecting insurance payoff monday. He would call me the next week.

Tuesday still no call. I call him and ask whats going on once again in a voice mail. He returns my call friday and says, I am faxing over the figures to the credit union. Now they will send me something back monday and you can go on down and start on the gap paperwork. You will recieve a power of attorney letter in the mail tues-weds time frame which you will need to have notorized and keys put in the envelope.

So I decided to not go into the credit union monday and waited until tuesday. I get the paper work started, I am totally prepared. Have orig bill of sale, orig check stub, orig documents saying what I have coverage wise. Then she goes up to check on the info from the load dept.  He hasn't faxed anything over. I told her that he said he had. Of course now I look like an idiot. She calls the adjuster and he doesn't answer the phone. She then calls my agent.

BTW I have a great agent. She calls the guy on the other line, no answer, so she calls the claims office. They cannot find any records of me. Yes...you read that right. So my agent tells me to go back to work..she will resolve this issue. By 4 I hear from my agent that she called and he had it on his desk under stuff that is why they couldn't find my file. Then, he told her that he already faxed the stuff over but would fax it again to appease me.

Well 4:45 I get a call from the loan officer saying she hasn't recieved anything yet. I am now officially pissed. I call my agent and get the insurance commissoner's phone number and the claims reps supervisor's number. I make phone calls.

You know what happens when you call the commissioner? You get a call from your claims rep saying that he just faxed the info and recieved it back from the credit union, and my power of attorney letter will be in the mail weds.

lol! I feel better b/c I had everythign documented and wanted to let loose some steam. To make the story even better, after the credit union gets the check, it will take up to 15 days for them to pay off the gap. Which means it might be sept. before I get another busa.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cussing.gif

director.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif
rant.gif

<!--EDIT|werdkat
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123682983 -->

guns.gif

State Farm customer relationships suck! I dropped them for that exact reason with a claim. Wasn't the rates that pissed me off.....it was their service.

Oh man, thats a b!tch!!! I haven't had to deal with State Farm for a claim, they just take my monthly payment and let me be.
tounge.gif

This will be filed with things to know when you need to know them.
Sorry to hear all the hassle you had to go thru, but sometimes people are just flat out lazy and to ignorant to know it. Claims adjuster should be fired, but we all know that won't happen. He delayed the payout for 45 days, the interest gained might earn him a bonus.
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Oh man, thats a b!tch!!! I haven't had to deal with State Farm for a claim, they just take my monthly payment and let me be.
tounge.gif

This will be filed with things to know when you need to know them.
Sorry to hear all the hassle you had to go thru, but sometimes people are just flat out lazy and to ignorant to know it. Claims adjuster should be fired, but we all know that won't happen. He delayed the payout for 45 days, the interest gained might earn him a bonus.
tounge.gif
Still hasn't been paid out yet! ugh...hopefully friday/monday the credit union will get their check...then the 15 day wait for gap coverage to pay out begins. No kidding about the bonus...crazyness.

Yeah, state farm has been great on my past claim that was my fault, and 2 wrecks that were not my fault. This time, I must have gotten the motorcycle hater.

tounge.gif

State Farm customer relationships suck!  I dropped them for that exact reason with a claim.  Wasn't the rates that pissed me off.....it was their service.
I have sooo thought about doing that as well. I have 4 policies with them...I am sure some other company would be happy to have my business. btw...nice avatar!

I had a claim through them, not my insurance provider but the chick that ran over my motorcycle had them. They kept trying to say it was my fault, then they got the police report, and appologized, but it took them from Sept.9 to Mid Dec. to get my bike and injury claims paid:angry: . I hate State Farm! To top it off, in January I got a call from the insurance lady saying I showed up in court and testified against myself, funny thing is, I never went to court, I didn't get a subpoena! The chicks dad said I was there, and that I said I was going to fast for the turn. HMMM, do the math, 350lb, 6'9" man, starting from a red light on a 1983 yamaha maxim 400. yeah, I can get smokin in 30 ft on that thing.

By the way, I use Progressive, I use them because the Customer Care is awesome, and they are cheaper for my cbr900rr than anyone else that I found.

That sucks big time. I would have called the insurance comission right off the bat. I went thru an auto accident and had to fight with this company for almost 3 years before I finally got them in court and shoved it up their ass.
biggrin.gif

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your bad luck bro. I totaled a 954 a few months ago and everything went fine. I hope I never have to go throught that with them.

Sorry to hear that man. State farm was the only one to give me a rate that I could afford. I called Progressive yesterday and they wanted 1900 a year, I cant afford that. Hope ya get them straightened out soon.

Back