Handgun Permit issue.

MoNoXiDe

Registered
More advise from the org needed. Sorry for the long story but I have to explain so you know the details.

When I was 21 "I'm 33 now" I was heading to my grandmothers house in Orlando with my brother in law. We ended up getting pulled over and were taken to jail for simple possesion. "Misdemeanor"

When I was 25 I went and got my handgun permit in TN. Last Sept 2012 I went to a gunshow and tried to buy a gun. When they did the NCIC it came back flagged. I was shocked, obviously I have a handgun permit and wonder wth is going on. I can have the right to carry a gun, I just can't buy one? WTF!

So he gives me a denial form to fill out etc. I fill it out and come to find out GA "the f'n idiots they are" have me flagged. So I'm like whatever. I will just have my wife buy the gun and move on. Wrong. Nov. I receive a letter from TN saying that my handgun permit is being suspended because of a recent flag. SO now I'm pissed.

I go hire a attorney and come to find out, there code for simple possession C-97123 "not a real code" was changed to C-97100. The C-97123 is code for felony manufacturing. So now I am labeled a felon and my handgun permit is revoked. The attorney after a me paying his fees plus me having to pay file fees postage etc to fix the bs in GA, they call my attorney back and say its fixed and now TN can run my background and it will be clear and he can have it reinstated. he asked for paperwork saying its clear. They told him that its fixed in the computer there isn't paperwork to send.

So, now I have to send in the denial appeal paperwork to Nashville and wait on there slow ass government workers to get the letter re run the background and hopefully call me or mail me saying its all fixed. Ha ! I could only hope it would be that easy. I receive a acknowledgement form in the mail "middle of Dec" it says 4-6 weeks because there busy in Nashville. 2 weeks ago. I call Nashville on Tuesday only to find out, we didn't receive any forms. I fax them the acknowledgement form "they wanted me to mail it" but after 15 min rant by me she let me fax it. She says I will call you back. "never received a phone call back" so next day I call, talk to the same lady. she says well I will have to talk to the people in background "I will call you back" Yay right No call back once again. So now its Thursday I call her back, Did you find out anything? She says well, I need to submit the forms again. I said REALLY? and go through the same jazz again in 6 weeks No thanks! So she again tells me she will call me back. I said Ya Right!

So I call back and talk to another lady the following Tuesday because of course she never called me back. I told her the whole dang story again and she said ok let me see what I can do, I will call you back. She never called me back.

So today is the 8th time I have called in the last 2 weeks and the 3rd person I have talked to and ya she said I promise I will call you back today. I said SOB all you have to do is run my background and see that its fixed and reinstate the sob. I told her I don't mean to be rude but I have called 8 times and have gotten no where. everyone says I will call you back and NOT ONE TIME have they called me back. So we'll see.

Any advise from the all wise org?

My advice, carry on..

If you get stopped or have a problem, they'll sort it out real quick.

Better to be prepared than permitted.. :whistle:

I'm kinda on Bots side. Nobody will know you have it until you use it so just make damn sure you're in the right and it should be ok? (I'm not a lawyer so don't tell the judge I told you so)

You are dealing with a govt so be patient. It sounds as if you've got it sorted you just need to breathe and relax. A small blip of time in your life, right?

I'd say chill a bit, fill out the complete paper work and submit as requested by mail. It will take time but they will reverse the error. If you irritate people and make it personal they can hose you & just throw it away or such.

Send it certified return receipt requested. They are slow as Christmas but you still have to follow thru and hold your patience. At least once this is cleared up you should be good to go again. If you want to be PO'd, sounds to me like it's GA. It's a wonder this hadn't turned up elsewhere (background check for employment, etc.) so it still may be good that you get this dealt with now.

You could make ten copies of everything and mail them one day at a time.
No way they won't recieve at least one :)

just make damn sure you're in the right and it should be ok?

I would not bank on this, just being right does not keep you out of jail. But then again being dead is worse. My theory is that I will attempt to follow the law (I'd keep calling ect) but the law is not going to allow me to become a victim. Then if/when it comes time I need that firearm, I'm not concerned with the law, I'm concerned with living and possibly protecting others, if the law says I can, that is great, but I'll sort it out later....

You don't have guys selling Tech-9's out of car trunks down there? Come on uo the NY,ill show how to get a gun. :rofl:

Lots of people are being placed on list that don't allow them to possess weapons. Where oh where has the second amendment gone :banghead:

My advice, carry on..

If you get stopped or have a problem, they'll sort it out real quick.

Better to be prepared than permitted.. :whistle:

Ya, but wouldn't I get arrested for carrying a gun without a permit if caught? Then I'll be paying with jail time and more fees and possibly never getting one again. I would just hate to not have a gun and need it, I'd be furious. especially because its not my fault my permit was revoked.

What everyone was saying .... I think , is that they would rather have it, than need it and not have it.

the classic "i'll call you back". reminds me of my phone battles with the v.a. for the g.i. bill checks years ago. i would stick with the proper channels and KEEP calling until there ears bleed and you get what you want. don't throw it away and let them win and stash your piece until you get things hashed out.

Back