Do u get involved in ur family's domestic issues?

kaybusa

Registered
My cousin called me and screamed "he hit me" crying over the phone i knew she was talking about her boyfriend. (Jerk) I'm a little older and wiser than my younger self so i said " did u call the police?" she said yes and i could hear him still yelling in the background i live blocks from her so i rush over to calm the situation till the police arrived. When i got there he started with me so i lost it and did what ur supposed to do to women beaters :rulez: removed him from the house, insert foot into :moon: and beat until symtoms go away. repeat if needed. Police get there and they want to take both of us away but they just take him. She get's a stay away order yada yada. long story short she lets him back in and yes he beats her again and yes she called me. My thing is if i help u one time and u let him back its your issue! but i also cant just sit by and let someone hurt me family. Has this ever happened to anyone besides me? :banghead:

Domestic Violence only ends when one of the parties dies. She needs a new boyfriend and you need to be careful. Best of luck.

Can't help you out, but I do feel sorry for you and your cousin. I don't think I'd be able to control myself in that situation with someone I loved. You have more control than I do.

The women that stay with these a$$hats have more problems than the douchebags hitting them. She needs to get some help.

Again, so sorry for you having to deal with this...

yeah man i feel your pain. I married into a household of nothing but women. so of course i have to step in and be the man of the house or give approval of the guys the date:thumbsup: then there's always some type of drama, but its all good man....i haven't had to beat anyone up yet lol guess the whole bad ass Marine image scares them away, since i'm a trained killer:whistle: but good luck with it man:thumbsup: oh, when it warms up we will def have to meet up and ride since we r so close.

Domestics are tricky...I attended to one yesterday (17 year old beat up her mom) and there is never a clear cut answer on what to do in domestics...Outcomes are always unpredictable

I've never understood why anyone, man or woman will stay in an abusive relationship. So yes the boyfriend has anger issues, but your cuz has some kind of issue going on herself ie; Why would she go back with that man?. You already tried helping the BF with his issue, maybe its time to see what you can do with your cousins' issue.

Can't help you out, but I do feel sorry for you and your cousin. I don't think I'd be able to control myself in that situation with someone I loved. You have more control than I do.

The women that stay with these a$$hats have more problems than the douchebags hitting them. She needs to get some help.

Again, so sorry for you having to deal with this...

I would tend to agree with this post. I have seen situations like this, where someone will step in to help, only to have the woman turn on the person that was trying to help out. It would be hard for me to sit back and let it happen, but you can't always be there when it happens. She needs to get some help before it gets worse because these situations usually will escalate in intensity

My .02 help your cousin, stay away from the dude getting physically involved with him CANNOT possibly end positively for you. Remind her the outcome of this is 110% up to her and you have her back, but you can't guard her back when she keeps letting him through the front door. :beerchug: best of luck. Going to the house and bringing an a$$ whooping will end with you shot/stabbed/hand cuffs:rulez:

I stay away from that as far as I can.

The only domestic violence we know is when the Husky tries to steel the Golden Retrievers food. :laugh:

Thanks guys i think me and the guy are going to have to have at least one more meeting. In the last meet i guess i forgot to say dont do it again. When i got there the second time he was gone! so i hope he understands there are going to be problems if im called. Sport im allways down for a buddy to ride with.

Thanks guys i think me and the guy are going to have to have at least one more meeting. In the last meet i guess i forgot to say dont do it again. When i got there the second time he was gone! so i hope he understands there are going to be problems if im called. Sport im allways down for a buddy to ride with.

Also just try to remember that you beating this guy may make things worse with your cousin. I've heard of this happening before too. The reason most spouse abusers actually abuse is anger issues and also a superiority/inferiority problem. He knows he can beat her up, and feels more like a man when he does. Now what does he feel like when you step in and put the smackdown on him? Less of a man. What does he need to feel like more of a man???
Plus he will see his a$$whoopin' as her fault..

Just saying, its thin ice you could be walking on is all. Help her, forget him. If she needs protection, that's one thing, don't go looking to whoop him because you want to. Hell, we ALL want to!
Whatever you choose, God Bless, and be safe!

nope. i don't even like talking with them about their issues. if it's a life threatening thing, i may step in, but most likely i'd find out what state service needs contacted, and i'd let them take the next step.

yea i feel you on that. didnt think of him taking it out on her. The sad part is that she says she really loves him and wants him to change. I want the police involved as much as possible. (cant belive i said that) not code where i'm from.:rulez: He need to be taken out of the situation i truely belive she cant help herself she loves him that much., and she's pretty! she can get anyone she likes but.....

man I feel for you but the only real way for that to work is on her. She needs to be the one to say no more otherwise you keep putting yourself out there and you never know what's going to happen.

More than likely this is the kind of guy that would take it out on other people you care about. But hey if he accidentally slips and falls off a very tall bridge :whistle: she can't lt him back in. It's always rough especially with Family you want to be there but they need the have the sense to help you help them or it' not going to do any good. In the end he could accidentally go too far and there's no coming back from that.

Sorry your going through it man

I stay way clear of family or other domestic stuff if at all possible. If I was in your situation and I saw the abuse going on, I'm pretty sure I would have taken him to a different location to continue my educational opportunity with him :whistle:

As others have mentioned your cousin really needs the focus to be on her and getting her head straight. She might think she loves him but that leopard isnt going to change his spots and she's going to wind up dead or worse. Get her some good psychiatric help and remind him that if it happens again that he'll want to pray the cops get there first :whistle: Don't make any threats, don't go on about what you are gonna do to him, just state it very matter of factly. You are on the radar now so anything that happens to him after an incident you will be one of the first people they talk to so keep your head when you interact with him, else you'll be the one with new bracelets :(

I stay way clear of family or other domestic stuff if at all possible. If I was in your situation and I saw the abuse going on, I'm pretty sure I would have taken him to a different location to continue my educational opportunity with him :whistle:

As others have mentioned your cousin really needs the focus to be on her and getting her head straight. She might think she loves him but that leopard isnt going to change his spots and she's going to wind up dead or worse. Get her some good psychiatric help and remind him that if it happens again that he'll want to pray the cops get there first :whistle: Don't make any threats, don't go on about what you are gonna do to him, just state it very matter of factly. You are on the radar now so anything that happens to him after an incident you will be one of the first people they talk to so keep your head when you interact with him, else you'll be the one with new bracelets :(

He's right an alabi is very important :poke:

Back