insurance....... again!!!

skurvey~

Registered
man this is getting annoying.. i talk to a lot of ppl who have owned brand new bikes, and everyone says that if you finance a new bike, you will need full coverage no matter what. but then i got the dealership ppl themselves telling me, i can just get liability on a new busa, and more than one have said that. then i've heard that you can get only liability when financing a new bike as long as its a suzuki....... so what is it? can anyone tell me? is there anyone here who has financed a suzuki and only payed liability?

Are you financing through Suzuki or the bank....the best way to find out is to call your bank and/or ask for the finance paperwork. It should show the insurance requirments there. Also, you may want to ping Teb Biele, he works at a Stealership in Tx (I think)....he could probably give you the skinny.

Hope this helps.

you put it on a credit card from suzuki...

then it's like you paid cash.. only you will owe the credit company money for the rest of your life..

if you ever do get it paid off you will have wasted enough money to buy 2 'busas.. and keep full coverage on both.

it's not worth it.. go buy a nice used sv650s, or some other sporty, quick, fun, easy to ride, easy to maintain bike and enjoy riding instead of trying to figure out how to pay for it every month.

The best way is to have full coverage if your not going to put at least 50% down. I have my title and I still have full insurance.
I can not think of anything worse than having to pay for a bike which is wrecked.

if i finance through suzuki could i just pay liability?
yes, but when you bin it... your still gonna owe the credit card whatever the amount is plus probably 18% interest..
Why bother with full coverage when you can put it on a high interest rate credit card and claim Chapter 7 when things go wrong?

Oh wait as of yesterday you can't do that anymore! HAHAHA
smile.gif

if i finance through suzuki could i just pay liability?
yes, but when you bin it... your still gonna owe the credit card whatever the amount is plus probably 18% interest..
Why bother with full coverage when you can put it on a high interest rate credit card and claim Chapter 7 when things go wrong?

Oh wait as of yesterday you can't do that anymore! HAHAHA
smile.gif
uhg!

haha.. yeah.. it was time for that law.. way past time..

the only part is they screwed the people that may actually need to file bankruptcy..

my understanding of it is that medical debts will not be included in any type of bankruptcy settlements..

amazingly enough... thats what typically happens to the good people that end up bankrupt...

I hope I just don't understand the new law.. cuz assumiing i'm right good decent people just took it right up the ass with no lube and don't even realize it yet.

Although it will stop this crap of revolving bankruptcy that seems to have become pretty common.. see it all the time where I work.

buy a car, max out all the credit cards, go bankrupt.. wait about 6 years and do it again as soon as the 7 years is up.. By that time you haven't had to pay any bills in like 6 years other than basic utilities. They save up a couple thousand to get the banks to think they might be okay.. then they screw em' again.

I swear I've seen people that were working on their third ride on the bankruptcy bandwagon.

The guy thats been working and paying his bills that doesn't have health insurance gets in a wreck... medical bills (that are 4 times higher than what they would have settled with the insurance for) get out of control in about 2 weeks of any type of serious medical condition.. and bam... hard working fellar just lost all hope of being able to pay his bills.

so he goes thru a bankruptcy only to find out that all of the medical bills that killed his cash flow in the first place are still sitting there waiting on him.. so then he gets to learn about the wonders of wage garnishment... wonderful system we got huh.

When financing through a bank, most banking institutions require full coverage insurance to "protect" the financed investment. Suzuki financing may be different. In either case, opt for full coverage and check with State Farm for their rates. You'll feel a heck of a lot safer parking it on a busy street!
wink.gif
I've read posts about Busa thief's, and the owner only having liability insurance... not good.
sad.gif

Dude if you finance through Suzuki to buy the bike to avoid paying insurance you are crazy. You will pay for the bike two times over! Bottom line if you can;t afford the insurance maybe you should just get a different more affordable bike. To ride a motorcycle anyone should have full coverage and also good medical insurance. My .02
BB69

He's young and asking for help but won't take everyones advice. Maybe he just needs to learn the hard way so we can say...."I told you so!"
sad.gif

Dude....we are not sh*tting you. We have all been there and done that. It's not worth it. Now is the time to be smart and grow up until the time is right. Don't you want to live to enjoy a Busa when you finally get it.
wink.gif

im just happy my insurance is cheap.....oh and if i had to file bankruptcy and would still get my check garnished i think i would just become a part time employee at mickey d's lol.....screw the gov.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUDE

YOU ARE UNKNOWELEDGABLE AND UNAWARE.. TAKE EVERYONES ADVICE AND YOU WILL ATLEAST BECOME UNKNOWLEDGABLE AND AWARE.

IN EASIER TERMS. YOU GOTTA WALK BEFORE YOU CAN RUN.

You dont need full coverage,but when the insurance company find out , they will access your payment with their own type of insurance that will raise your monthly payment and will only cover the bike.  Also you will be totally fugged (financially responsible )  in an accident situation you caused to other property and self and your own medical billz

sad.gif

Champange Taste on a Kool Aid budget  
rock.gif

wow.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129765354 -->

Oppz, I meant once your Loan Lender finds out.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129769354 -->

And putting it on a CC wont work, aleast in my case. They gave me some BullSHid excuse why they couldnt do it. So a hit'em ova the head with a Check.

Zuk finance is like a credit card. I believe it might be through HSBC. Not quite sure. If that's the case, liability is all you need. But that's playing Russian Roulette. I'd hate to hear of your Busa gettin stolen, single vehicle wreck, etc. Like someone else said, you'd be left with a huge CC debt and nothing to show for it. I'd shop around and get the full if I were you. Good luck.

If you finance through a bank or credit union, You WILL HAVE TO HAVE FULL COVERAGE.

The guys are telling you straight! Don't ride with just liability insurance. It's just plain dumb!!!

Back