Installing Pashnit's HID Headlight Kit

Rdmetz

Registered
I posted this in pashnit's sponsored area but not alot going on there so I figured I'd take it to the place it really fits...busa mods...my favorite so far if I can just get it working!

Ok so I'm a bit stuck with all this stuff plug n play doesn't exactly describe what I'm dealing but at the same time this would be my first hid install....

So I've got the fuse part connected to the battery running up the right side of the bike to the ballast for the hid...then I'm dealing with a few cords off the fuse area I have a connector with blue n white wires that I believe according to the instructions that needs to plug into the positive of both the high n low beam connectors which I don't understand because I thought the high beam was just connected to the original high bulb and installed the regular way I have the new hid connected to the ballast and it powers up just fine when I turn the bike on, but the light out put seems to be aimed straight down to the ground I can only see like 3 feet in front of me and the light output is dim

The ccfl halo I haven't even figured out how to power it yet I see the kit came with a switch but I thought it could be hooked up straight to power and come on when the bike does there is a lil box with two wires one red and one white that look like they need to be spliced into something I'm assuming this is what powers the halo and that this is the only wire that needs to be spliced and it should be spliced into the extra connector on the original wiring harness next to the right right turn signal connector?

Sorry for the long post and I hope my questions can be deciphered outta all that lol....

If anyone has any advice id be so grateful

I'm just a newbie but with a lil advice I'm sure I can get this set up correctly

ok so I got the headlight all hooked up I have the halo working and the projector seems good I did adjust the light so that the cut off was about 40 feet away but took the bike out and the light just doesn't seem bright enough I can barely see anything and have to turn on my high beam just to see the lines clearly parked next to a car with regular halogens the halogens seems brighter as well...

whats going on there I mean the light is projector far enough out but the brightness seems to be the problem the only part of the install I couldn't figure out the blue and white cord situation. I got that the white goes into the low beams positive connector on the bikes wiring harness, otherwise the light wouldn't even turn on but the blue? I don't know what to do with it the only place i can figure to plug it in is the low beams negative, but the diagram seems to say to plug it into the high beams positive... yet the high beam has nothing to do with this kit as its a low beam install only and leaves the stock high beam setup intact.....please anyone done this kit or something similar I would appreciate some input

the light just doesn't seem bright enough I can barely see anything and have to turn on my high beam just to see the lines clearly .

I had the same issue, which is why I told you to hook up that extra plug to the spare lead coming out of the low beam assembly.

The ccfl halo I haven't even figured out how to power it yet I see the kit came with a switch but I thought it could be hooked up straight to power and come on when the bike does there is a lil box with two wires one red and one white that look like they need to be spliced into something I'm assuming this is what powers the halo

Yes, the "lil box" needs to be hooked up in order for the CCFL to work. I think it's a capacitor.

Did you read the responses I made to the ten PM's you sent me about this?

rainbow I appreciate your help like I've stated I've gotten everything working ccfl is tapped into the spare connector coming off the harness near the right turn signal I also have the hid connected to the the ballast and the ballast to the fused relay going to the battery as far as the white and blue connectors coming off the control box I have the white hooked into the original plug for the low beam but dont know what to do with the high beams blue cable as the high is the original bulb and isnt modified...you speak of tapping the hid into the same connector that the ccfl uses for power....do you mean instead of plugging the white cable into the original harness that instead to somehow tap that white wire into the hot on the connector that is powering the ccfl?

Did you call the phone # to the tech line I pm'd you?

Not yet guess I'll try that but seeing how the you and a few others on this board have done this install especially with you taking photos during the install that I could get some help here things are a lil easier to follow when I can see it rather than just be told

If you've done this install can you provide some input on the blue and white wires

ok so the blue wire is used to connect the projector to a high beam connector and the clear cord that rainbow couldnt figure out is a power connector for the flap to make the light into a high beam if you have the blue connector hooked up the white is all that is needed according to the techs at the manufacturer....bad news is they tell me i most likely have a defective bulb if the bulb is this dim that it isnt even brighter than my stock high beam so now I have to get a replacement bulb....bummer but least i now know what all these connections are for and what I really have to have connected

Any word on this for Gen 2??

We're going to be up and selling them in about 7-9 days. I think.

We started working on it this weekend actually.

I'd like to get one for my '08 also! Going to leave the high beam alone, was thinking of putting the headlight modulator there.

....bad news is they tell me i most likely have a defective bulb if the bulb is this dim that it isnt even brighter than my stock high beam ...

Well, they must have given me a defective bulb, too, because until I hooked up a second power source, my HID low beam wasn't even brighter than my OEM low beam, whereas the HID bulb I had in my OEM assembly was much brighter than my new HID assembly.

hmm...dont know man im still not clear on your second power source thing from what part of the hid kit did you run the second power cord and where did you tap into for it? The same spot you tapped into for the halo? or something else I can see how you could tap into that cord but I just dont understand from where in the hid kit you could run the second power cord..

Back