Installed cheap rotors & pads

Good deal and nice pipcs.

I am curious why you put a set of 09 mufflers on there though.

Dude they weigh like 18 pounds each.

They are plenty quiet though.
:whistle:

Gotcha :thumbsup: some days I'm more alert that others. This wasn't one of those days. :laugh: Sorry about the confusion.
This is only the second set of rotors. 1st set was the factory ones they were on for 35,000 miles + they were warped from my own stupidity. The second set that is on the bike now is the EBC Contour with less then 5,000 miles.
What you are refering to is when I posted a thread asking about the rotors that are one the bike in this thread. While describing them I also said how mine were warped and what happened. You were under the interpretation I had already bought cheap rotors and was looking into getting another cheap set. Not to sound like a smartelic in anyway because with all the mods done to your bike you know way more than I do, but this is only the 2nd set of rotors ever put on my bike and 1st set I have had to buy. Sorry for the confusion.

Good deal and nice pipcs.

I am curious why you put a set of 09 mufflers on there though.

Dude they weigh like 18 pounds each.

They are plenty quiet though.
:whistle:

Like I said, I'm on a shoestring budget, but I think the black and chrome mufflers look better than the stock ones, besides, they cost me 99c ! They are damned heavy, so when a crazy deal on a set of carbon Fiber Yoshi's appears, then I'll think about changing.

They are crazy quiet though, I can barely hear the bike at any kind of speed. :yes:

incredible! wintertime price maybe, but start of the season??? sign of the times

Not to rag on Dehning's bike, but take a closer look at the pics. There's pieces missing here and there and not a stock fastener on any of the plastics, no telling what's underneath. It looks like he's put a lot of work into it so far, can't image what it looked like before... probably like a $3K Busa.

Not to rag on Dehning's bike, but take a closer look at the pics. There's pieces missing here and there and not a stock fastener on any of the plastics, no telling what's underneath. It looks like he's put a lot of work into it so far, can't image what it looked like before... probably like a $3K Busa.

No offence taken at all, it was missing forks, calipers, reservoirs, tank, fuel pump & hump. I traded some parts and have probably put about $700 into it to get it to it's current state. The fasteners (and a bunch of other screws) are all stainless steel from a wholesaler (I hate tarnished/rusted screws and torn up aluminum bolts). Under the fairings the bike looks basically new, and the speedo said 850 miles, but I'm not 100% convinced that it was accurate. BTW, there are no missing parts (except for the tank trim pieces which will be on tomorrow.)

At $3000 it was a great deal, but I wouldn't worry about it being a reflection on the value of your bikes, it only took me 3 months of searching to find such a good deal!

Here are pics of what it came to me looking like

Last edited:
Looks like quite a wrenching frenzy you went though... Turned out very nice...for the price. Ps....Every time i see a bike with "sharp" pointed bar ends and levers... and body work bolts....makes me cringe abit..though..

Looks like quite a wrenching frenzy you went though... Turned out very nice...for the price. Ps....Every time i see a bike with "sharp" pointed bar ends and levers... and body work bolts....makes me cringe abit..though..

Wrenching on these things in my non-existent workshop with my crappy collection of tools is what keeps me sane!

My wife likened the grips to a somewhat unfriendly vibrator, and even though they look cool and are very well made, I may trade out for some more conventional grips soon. What makes me cringe are the spikes on the fairing & windsheild studs ???

072606-001Bth.jpg

Last edited:
How are the eBay brakes and rotors treating you? Im really close to buying my set. Definitely giving them a try

That's awesome. I'm going with the ceramic pads. New brake system and an oil change scheduled for when I get back to NC in Nov :thumbsup: already got my galfer lines

Sent from my rooted HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk.

Great job on your bike bro. Let us know how those rotors work in a few months.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just make sure the ceramic pads are intended for use on stainless steel disks, I'm running HH pads, but I'd switch to ceramic if there was a benefit.

for those that bought the ebay rotors, do you know the ebay seller name?

other than cracks in the metal, what are some of the things to look for when buying rotors? (usa, china, mars)

Back