Install w/ pics (under)tail, rear sets, pipes

Pic 21: One more pre-paint pic.

21_Catalystracingcomposites_smootie_tail_section.jpg

Pic 23: Notice the tail bolts and grommets painted red. Not the best job in the world, but I did it….so by the shear fact that it didn’t immediately spontaneously combust and create a black hole that enveloped the world……its one of my better DIY’s.

23_CatalystRacingComposites_Tail_bolts_painted_red.JPG

Pic 24: Here is a rear money-shot of the bike. I really like this pic for some reason. Really makes the Busa look lean and mean. The tail is the highlight of this pic, but again notice the thing above the taillight? This is the rear Blinder M-20 laser jammer. I had it molded into the tail. Trick, huh? I think it’s right up there with the Mona Lisa, if you ask me.

24_Catalystracingcomposites_smoothie_tail_2.JPG

Pic 26: And a closer view of that jammer. Also notice how the reflector in the tail-light was removed…or rather the light was put in upside down, to hide it. In this pic you can also see the black nylon license plate screws. Sure it’s not a cool mod, but it is “other-than-stock,â€￾ and in my eyes, a much better solution than some screws that will rust out on you.

Attachments

• 26_Blinder_M_20_X_treme_laser_jammer_rear_module__license_plater_fasteners__taillight_reflector_remo
    37.6 KB · Views: 140
Pic 28: I even painted the lock on the hump red. Again, not the best job in the world. It might have worked if I knew how to take it apart, but I painted it all together, and on the bike, so the first time I turned the key, it broke the paint in between the two moving parts. Oh well, again, for me, it was a damned good job..

28_Hump_lock_painted_red.JPG

Pic 29: Hell, I even had the seat bolts painted black. Of course they need to be touched up every time I take the seat off, but what fun would it be if they didn’t?

29_Seat_bolts_painted_black.JPG

Pic 30: Here is the hightechspeed UFO taillight integrator kit before assembly. This thing is so trick it should be illegal. (Maybe it is, who knows….or cares….(sorry mister CHP). Basically it is an LED board that replaces the stock bulbs. It then has tons of different options for running lights, turn signals, and brake lights. It was worth every penny!

30_Hightechspeed_UFO_taillight_integrator.jpg

Pic 31: Here is my attempt to show the running lights. I chose a “knight-riderâ€￾ style. Basically all the lights light up (dimly) and then a line of lights runs back and forth over the display.

31_Hightechspeed_UFO_taillight_integrator__Running_light__knightrider_.JPG

Pic 32: Turn signals. I wanted a progressive turn signal, but it wasn’t extremely visible. So I decided on a circle. Basically the lights spin around in a circle very quickly on whatever side the turn signal is applied.

32_Hightechspeed_UFO_taillight_integrator___Directional__Rotates_in_circle_.JPG

Pic 34: Brake Light. I had initially chose one where it all lit up, but the middle flashed quickly, and I decided that wasn’t good enough. So I now have one where the whole thing lights up very bright and flashes very quickly. If you can’t see my brake light you are a danger to all of mankind and do not belong behind the wheel of a lawnmower, never mind a car!

34_Hightechspeed_UFO_taillight_integrator__brake_light__middle_flashes_.JPG

Pic 35: Here is the tiger racing tiger tail extended inner fender. I got the big one because I wanted to make sure it would be long enough to use it as a license plate mount. The reason why I went with the tiger tail is because I want to slam the bike. Why? Fine, I’ll admit it. I’m too damned short! At 66 inches and a 30 inseam I’m always on my tiptoes. And let’s face it, this bike ain’t the lightest thing in the world. So I really want to slam it to feel comfortable, and the tiger tail is one of the best undertails on the market to do that. Too bad it isn’t waterproof….but there is a way around that….details to follow…..

35_Tiger_Racing_Tiger_Tail_Extended_Inner_Fender.jpg

Pic 37: Another look at the space. Another plus is if you decide to go with a second battery and get the Tiger battery mount that fits in the subframe spot located in this picture, you’ll have easy access to it. (May want to waterproof it though.)

37_Tiger_Racing_Tiger_Tail_Extended_Inner_Fender_2.JPG

Pic 38: Here is the Dynojet PCRIIIUSB before install. Ain’t this thing a little gem, huh? I got it because…well…everyone needs one eventually. I did mod the airbox and cut off the exhaust. So I figured even though these mods don’t need a PCR, I could benefit from one. Eventually I want to do some actual motor mods (and maybe even a turbo if the cash fairy ever finds my house) so I’ll have it professionally mapped then. For now I just took the yosh slip on map (figured that was as close to my exhaust as I’ll get). I also downloaded the accelerator pump upgrade and adjusted that a bit. My current settings are: 85% Sensitivity, 17% Fuel Increase, 17 Engine Revolutions. The bike is responding fine, so I’ll keep this (until told otherwise).

38_Dynojet_PCRIIIUSB.jpg

Pic 39: And here is the fabled tail compartment. The downside to the tiger tail is that you basically lose your trunk. So if you do decide to get it, make sure you buy the tiger glove box which gives you a trunk in your hump. (The hump would also be a trick place to mold in some rear view cameras…..where are you cash fairy?) In the next few pics, you will see how small the trunk is, so it is basically just used for mounting electronics. Also notice the weather-stripping everywhere. Basically the tiger tail is not waterproof, and I wanted some measure to defend against a puddle here and there. Therefore I had the idea to take weather-stripping and put it around the electronics. When the hump (or passenger seat) is put on, it creates a (pretty good) seal, protecting the electronics. Like it?…..use it then. In this pic you can see the Blinder M-20 control unit (top of pic), the UFO taillight integrator control unit (bottom right), Speedohealer (bottom left), Powercommander (middle left), fuse block for the barswitch (middle), and another invention I thought up…a battery terminal block (middle right). Follow the red battery cable to a red block, and there it is (with a cover on it). Basically, as I said before, every now and then I kill my battery and I need to charge it again. I was sick and tired of taking off the seat pins to get to the battery (and I didn’t want to buy the quick release ones for security reasons), so I thought this up. Basically, you have access to the trunk with a simple turn of a key, so I decided to put some battery terminals in here to charge the bike. I’ve been using them, and I LOVE THEM!!!

Attachments

• 39_Waterproofing__Blinder_Control_unit__taillight_intergrator_control_unit__Speedohealer_Battery_ter
    85.9 KB · Views: 149
Pic 40: Here are the terminals without the cover. Because I’m known to do stupid things….I had them paint the (+) side red, and the (-) side black. Even I can’t mess that up.

40_Battery_terminal_block_in_trunk_without_cover.JPG

Back