Inspection sticker?

boosted

Registered
How many of you have an inspection sticker on your bike? I've ridden[various]motorcycles for 25 years and never had my bikes inspected. I've also had a few tickets and the officers never mention it...also I've heard a rumer that they are doing away with stickers and you have to have proof of inspection through the state computer before they will let you renew your tag. Is there any truth to this? It will be funny if they try to put a sniffer up my dump pipe...lol. Maybe my exhaust blades will chew the tip off the wand...lol
08aprilbike002.jpg

First of all, that bike looks SOOOO bad@zz!:beerchug:

Here is a quote from NCDOT...

"Vehicle Requirements

Vehicle Safety Inspection

A North Carolina vehicle safety inspection is required within 10 days of receiving a North Carolina license plate or by the last day of the month printed on the inspection sticker. Vehicles 35 years old, or older, are exempt from the North Carolina vehicle safety inspection. The cost of a passed safety inspection is $9.10. The vehicle inspection can be performed at any of the 7,500 licensed inspection stations throughout the state. Most service stations, automobile dealerships and vehicle repair garages are licensed inspection stations.

If a vehicle fails the safety inspection, it cannot be operated beyond the expiration date of the current sticker. However, the owner has 30 days to correct any safety defects and qualify for a re-inspection at no additional cost, provided the owner presents a receipt of the initial inspection."

i have it on mine :banghead:
i have been stopped in the past twice and got ticket for no inspection.
that's why i keep mine on the bike not in the garage!:laugh::rofl:

we don't have to have them in IL but i never had mine inspected when i lived in other states...that's been a few years back though and i was riding choppers then

Yes, the state makes us have them.

Here is my current one.

Nice placement and color :whistle:

You guys rate it ::laugh::laugh:

P.S. Sorry my girl is dirty in the pic.....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

DSCF0968.jpg

Yes, the state makes us have them.

Here is my current one.

Nice placement and color :whistle:

You guys rate it ::laugh::laugh:

P.S. Sorry my girl is dirty in the pic.....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

:wtf::guns:

They put "Moped" on a sticker that goes on a BUSA ??? Oh that is just not right.....:rulez:

Hmmm I've never had a bike inspected either. I'm sure eventualy I'll have to do it as the DMV gets into the computer age.

I have my Inspection on my bike, on the rear swing arm right side. Ill get a pic later.

In Missouri you have to have your bike inspected if you want to get your license plate renewed. Stickers are mandatory, but we put them up, out of sight, on the inside of the fork tube. It's there for the cop to see if you get pulled over but isn't an eyesore otherwise.

i keep mine in the hump with my insurance card and registration. don't plan on ever sticking it on the bike

In Missouri you have to have your bike inspected if you want to get your license plate renewed. Stickers are mandatory, but we put them up, out of sight, on the inside of the fork tube. It's there for the cop to see if you get pulled over but isn't an eyesore otherwise.
Ye I remove mine don't like it on my bike. Beautiful bike.:thumbsup:

Back