Inspecting for front end damage

OB_Hayawoody

Registered
I took a spill on my ZX11 at night, i hit what i thought was a small pool of water, turned out to be a pot hole 10" deep, my bike was all f*ucked up. Fixed it myself, but at a later date I had Race Tech do my front forks and rear shock (i sent them to L.A.)after they tore them apart they called to ask if they might have been overtorqued or something because the inside of one of the tubes was scorched from putting a load on the forks. i told them about my spill, 1 new set of outer tubes added to my bill! Hard to say unless you tear them apart, how hard was impact? I drove a long time with a bent tube and didn't know it! GOOD LUCK! YOU CANADIAN HOSER.. A!

The shop is taking a closer look at my bike, after it got hit by a truck.

If the wheel isn't obviously bent or out of round does that mean the wheel is good? How difficult is it to visually find any small cracks in the wheel? (What do racers do if they have been in a small wreck, to know their wheels are good to go? How do you inspect it to know for sure?)

Same questions on the tire. It got impacted. Externally some marks but no noticeable bulges. They haven't looked at the inside of the tire yet.

Any comments on how to check forks would be appreciated too.

Sitting my the dock of the bay, watching the tide roll away (but not my bike).

Back