Initial thoughts on the maiden voyage...

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
Congrats on getting the best bike ever! And next to the fastest color! Mac usin, pepsi drinkin, sporty car and a Busa in the house! You can't B all bad. What made you get a Busa in your life? Big change from a V star??? Also the wife will like the seat! It is surprisingly comfy I'm told!!
beerchug.gif

Ditto Spike. Got mine 3 months ago. 6000 miles. Right from the start I was WOW. All I ever heard was be careful its really hard to ride. Bull. Easiest bike Ive ever swung my leg over to ride. It does everything well. Respect this gentleman/womans bike. Be warry of the HAM FIST in first and second. It will loop on ya. 1" risers are the only mod so far. Already got my ironbutt
muscle.gif
Just ordered a GI Pro ATRE and a ZG for my 06 LE.

PS You have already attacked the reflectors and stickers! I can't C why? But the kick stand and sliders are a must. IMO! No BS!! One other thing I kinda regret is not waiting to get a full exhaust sys instead of the bolt on's, they sound good! Much better than the stock, but not as good as the single or the slip on's. I just couldn't wait to get rid of the too quiet OEM's
rock.gif
beerchug.gif

(egbert yuk fooie @ Sep. 25 2006,08:27) Ditto Spike. Got mine 3 months ago. 6000 miles. Right from the start I was WOW. All I ever heard was be careful its really hard to ride. Bull. Easiest bike Ive ever swung my leg over to ride. It does everything well. Respect this gentleman/womans bike. Be warry of the HAM FIST in first and second. It will loop on ya. 1" risers are the only mod so far. Already got my ironbutt
muscle.gif
Just ordered a GI Pro ATRE and a ZG for my 06 LE.
A stock Busa will NOT loop on you in 2nd gear... and it's pretty hard to even get the nose up in 1st unless you've got a different gearing.

In my opinion, the first "mods" should be....

1. remove reflectors
2. remove stickers
3. get a new undertail
4. double bubble screen (puig dark smoke looks badass on the white)

After that, go for better performance if desired....

I brake my in hard, the brake in is point less on a performance engine,it was built to be drove hard so dive it and have fun just my .02 cents

When you first get your new Busa you are still in the learning stages of the bike anyway (unless you've ridden other busas)... so just ride the bike and get used to it... then the real fun will begin...

Back