Maiden Voyage!

Race_Harley

Registered
I took the 'Busa out for her maiden voyage yesterday around 2pm. I had to go back to the dealer for my sticker and a quick stop to my Dad's house in Brooklyn for the blessing, then it was off to the 'proving grounds'. Zipped up the Jackie Robinson to the northbound Van Wyck, where a "Porky's" tractor trailer tried to merge from the middle to right lane before I could get on the highway. I went to push the bike when she decided to let me know, "you don't know me that well yet, Pal". Oops, don't slap that ass the first time, smoothly rub and caress it until she comfortable with you. LOL Quick thinking (survival instincts really) told me to lean left before the sandy curb gets any closer. Whew! Lived to see another turn. With the tractor trailer a dot in my rearview mirrors, next up was the L.I.E. eastbound, where traffic opened up at the Qns/Nassau border. Every time I saw an opportunity to open her up, Nassau Co. was sitting in the cut, watching... waiting. I did a few quick burst through traffic just to see how the power band felt in different gears. I had to restrict myself because this is the 'breaking in' period. ( below 5krpms). Once I reached Suffolk Co, I was pretty familiar with all the hiding spots and pushed it a little. I wish the speedo was working better, but I know what 100mph feels like and I was there plenty of times, plus! Back east on the Southern State in moderate weekend traffic to the house as it starting drizzling (damn!). Oh well, there'll be plenty of more days to write about. Keeping it up on two! Peace.
race.gif

Good that you recognized your comfort zone before you exceeeded it... gotta respect her!

Welcome to the .Org ... sounds like a fun little blast! Good that you quickly recognized the power. Any pics?

(MC MUSTANG @ Mar. 25 2007,07:22) Good that you recognized your comfort zone before you exceeeded it... gotta respect her!
Respect. That is the key word. Lost respect, it's gonna bite you bad. It felt good riding again. I put off fixing my GTS to force myself into buying the 'Busa. Now I'll get the GTS fixed for occassional rides. I'm a frustrated jet pilot, so this is a good outlet.
race.gif
 Peace.

(05 Busa LE @ Mar. 25 2007,07:28) Welcome to the .Org ... sounds like a fun little blast!  Good that you quickly recognized the power.  Any pics?
I have pics but unfortunately I'm at work right now, so I'll have to post them when I get home later tonight.
race.gif

hit me up when you wanna ride in suffolk. ever been to bald hill on a tuesday night? of poer jefferson on a friday/saturday night? maaaannnnnnnn

(Race_Harley @ Mar. 25 2007,05:31)
(05 Busa LE @ Mar. 25 2007,07:28) Welcome to the .Org ... sounds like a fun little blast!  Good that you quickly recognized the power.  Any pics?
I have pics but unfortunately I'm at work right now, so I'll have to post them when I get home later tonight.  
race.gif
Welcome to the org.

Now you have a good reason for leaving work early today. We like Pics!

Nice read / ride...was there with you the whole trip. Even the semi, and the gettin' on-it near miss.....
super.gif
. Was out in Sturgis territory last August, came up on a semi in the #1 and a granny in the #2, the truck was passing. I jumped into the #2 inside the semi, and he came over on me......ended up on the edge at WOT, came out in front, gave him the wave, and headed on down the highway......phew. Lived to ride another day !!!
super.gif

super.gif

(Revolution @ Mar. 25 2007,08:37) hit me up when you wanna ride in suffolk. ever been to bald hill on a tuesday night? of port jefferson on a friday/saturday night?  maaaannnnnnnn
I'd love to do Bald Hill on Tuesdays but unfortunately I work all day, with only Friday nights and Saturdays as my free time to ride. Thanks!  
race.gif

(Spudley @ Mar. 26 2007,05:23) Nice read / ride...was there with you the whole trip.  Even the semi, and the gettin' on-it near miss.....
super.gif
.  Was out in Sturgis territory last August, came up on a semi in the #1 and a granny in the #2, the truck was passing.  I jumped into the #2 inside the semi, and he came over on me......ended up on the edge at WOT, came out in front, gave him the wave, and headed on down the highway......phew.  Lived to ride another day !!!
super.gif
I'm glad that part happened early in the trip... it put me in my place real quick! Now I just have to get more rides in the get that factory mold goop off the tires! After the 600 mile check up, I'll start checking the bike out for real. Don't worry, I'll respect her. Peace.
race.gif

super.gif

(Race_Harley @ Mar. 26 2007,16:18)
(BA BUSA @ Mar. 25 2007,22:57) Congrats and Welcome to the board  
beerchug.gif
Thanks!  I'm going to post some pics as soon as I get some free time at home (at work now). Peace.  
race.gif
So where are these pics that you keep promising us?
rock.gif

(badassbusa03 @ Mar. 27 2007,18:15)
all_coholic.gif
Wow! You kats are real thirsty! Understand, I work a lot of hours. As soon as I get a chance this weekend, I'll post some pics, I promise. I don't have the luxury of coming home at a decent hour and post pics. Hold you horses! LOL

Ok, I finally took pics of the "Widow Maker" yesterday and when I get home from work, I'll post them up for all you thirsty kats out there trying to clown my post. Keep 'em up on 2!  Peace.  
race.gif

(Race_Harley @ Mar. 31 2007,12:37) Ok, I finally took pics of the "Widow Maker" yesterday and when I get home from work, I'll post them up for all you thirsty kats out there trying to clown my post. Keep 'em up on 2!  Peace.  
race.gif
Ok, I read the "How to post" thread and transferred to the Upload Center. Why is it that I can't log in? Oh yeah... I took her out for an after-midnight run with the fellas on the parkway... oh baby baby!  I can't wait until she's broken in.  Peace.  
race.gif

race.gif

Back