gas mileage

Fonzi

Registered
I'm on my trailer's maiden voyage from oklahoma to cali with my baby in it and I have a question. I knew that my 05 dodge durango v8 5.7 hemi was going to take a hit on fuel efficience but I didn't expect it to be cut in half. Is that normal? Any suggestions on how to make it better?
Posted via Mobile Device

up hill most of the way also.
How big is the trailer.
Pulling a 5x10 w/ Busa behind my wifes V6 trailblazer netted me around 11mpg. She normally gets 18-21 on highway.

I got around 15 in my crew cab 5.3 Chevy going to AR with the same trailer

I'm pulling a 6X14 V-nose and I'm around Arizona right now and so far I'm netting around 13 mpg
Posted via Mobile Device

Hmmmmmmmmmmm with my trailer and a full load on my F450 Im getting 11mpg. Total weight of the trailer between 15000 and 16000 pounds... thats just the trailer weight, the truck by its self is 7000 pounds.... OK and I have to admit thats mostly on flat ground with only moderate hills.

ok its a 38 foot fifth wheel hauling 2 cycles... LOL

Our new Coachmen Camper 12112008 001.jpg

still better than my '04 hemi quadcab 4x4...12.8 mpg...empty:moon: should've went with the turbo diesel I was looking at first, but just didn't like the color.

I used my trailer to move a friend from Florida to Oklahoma using his dad's F250 Powerstroke Diesel and I believe it was turbo charged also. I got 11 - 13 mpg pulling my 8.5" by 20' v-nose tandem axle trailer fully loaded to about 9000 lbs. On the way back to Florida from Oklahoma I got about 15 MPG with just the empty trailer behind the truck.

When I used my 07 Tundra with 5.7 V8 to move from Florida to Las Vegas I got about 7 - 10 mpg pulling the same trailer. I typically get 18 - 22 mpg highway. If I didn't like Toyota so much I would own a turbo diesel that is for sure. If Toyota came out with a turbo diesel truck I would buy it up in a heart beat. :thumbsup:

Back