In search of an affordable full system exhaust

Zee

Registered
Hi there. So have been searching a full system exhaust for my gen 2 (17'). Brock's ct dual just cost so much that I can only dream of it. :D
Does any one happen to know a full system that wouldn't cost as much as Brocks? I just want the peak power don't care about the looks.
TIA

Hi there. So have been searching a full system exhaust for my gen 2 (17'). Brock's ct dual just cost so much that I can only dream of it. :D
Does any one happen to know a full system that wouldn't cost as much as Brocks? I just want the peak power don't care about the looks.
TIA
If your trying to keep the duals there isn't many options of trying to get power and have it affordable. I finally gave in and went with the single sided Yoshimura alpha t. Price was great of course they say about a 10 percent power increase or something like that but I haven't got a tune yet so that i don't know. There's plenty of opinions but I'm one of those that feel like yoshi and Suzuki fit together real good. I didn't want the brocks simply because it seems every busa has an alienhead and I wanted different.

If your trying to keep the duals there isn't many options of trying to get power and have it affordable. I finally gave in and went with the single sided Yoshimura alpha t. Price was great of course they say about a 10 percent power increase or something like that but I haven't got a tune yet so that i don't know. There's plenty of opinions but I'm one of those that feel like yoshi and Suzuki fit together real good. I didn't want the brocks simply because it seems every busa has an alienhead and I wanted different.
Yeah true... i want to keep the dual look and it looks like there are not many options out there. Webike is also super expensive lol

Yeah true... i want to keep the dual look and it looks like there are not many options out there. Webike is also super expensive lol
If u want power and the duals your best bet is probably gonna be brocks unless you can come across a ti- force dual setup. @ottafish did a writeup on the black widow setup he had. He even posted dyno numbers on a couple different setups he did. @mabupa had i dual setup for sale for a long time for a steal and I still kick myself in the @zz for not checking on it before I ordered mine cause he sold it a couple weeks later for not much more then I paid for my yoshi :banghead: . But I can say what everyone says about easier chain maintenance and tire swapping is true with the single side setup but I still feel like I'm missing something not having the duals when I look at her.

The blackwidow dual header are excellent quality and super light. I can't comment on their cans tho as I used Yoshi dual CF cans. But she was a super light system and looked good and sounded great.

I haven't tried their single system yet.
The duals will give you more torque down low-mid range, according to the dyno. But whether you can feel it is questionable. That's comparing to a delkovic single side system with the same single Yoshi CF can

I might change out the delkovic soon and try another brand. It's quite a tick wall, heavy gauge stainless. The new blackwidow single. looks interesting...

But yes, even tho I dropped a little hp & torque, the single sided access to the chain and stuff, plus the sound is worth keeping for me.

Reactions: Zee
@Zee

what would be your budget? i ask because for some 100 or 200 bucks, or so ..........

did you ever had a view at ebay.com ?

this here, a pre-owned full GEN1 akrapovic 4-1, would be my personal choice
even you have a gen2 - the gen1 system should fit - 99.5% of all dimension are similar
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R Full Exhaust System Mufflers Headers - Akrapovic | eBay

as far as i know,
this full system is up to 25-40 lbs lighter than the original - less weight causes always more acceleration

and
all the akra-systems (4in2 & 4in1) are known that they increase the power ~ 10-15 hp without any other changes over the entire rpm-range (over ~4000 rpm til end).

and what ever kind of system you are thinking about
ask at very first the manufacturer for the hp & nm - diagramm taken with a comparable motor (~same cubics / ~ rom-range)
and if he doesn't have a diagram avoid the system !

as far as i learned, around 75% of all systems steel power and torque
if you don't want to invest a lot of money in an exact engine set-up.

i guess this will definitely take 3-4 (or even more) test runs on the bench - and how much will each of these test runs cost? thatby your budget will then be massively burdened guaranteed.

my tip ;) - if the money is not enough at the moment - keep saving and then buy something really good for a bit more money.

Last edited:
@Zee

what would be your budget? i ask because for some 100 or 200 bucks, or so ..........

even you have a gen2 - the gen1 system should fit - 99.5% of all dimension are similar
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R Full Exhaust System Mufflers Headers - Akrapovic | eBay

as far as i know,
this full system is up to 25-40 lbs lighter than the original - less weight causes always more acceleration

and
all the akra-systems (4in2 & 4in1) are known that they increase the power ~ 10-15 hp without any other changes over the entire rpm-range (over ~4000 rpm til end).

ask at very first the manufacturer for the hp & nm - diagramm taken with a comparable motor (~same cubics / ~ rom-range)

i guess this will definitely take 3-4 (or even more) test runs on the bench - and how much will each of these test runs cost? thatby your budget will then be massively burdened guaranteed.

my tip ;) - if the money is not enough at the moment - keep saving and then buy something really good for a bit more money.
Hi. It is all about what you want [more HP or just more noise] Just my turbo header is $3,800.00. I think the performance gain is worth the $.

@Zee

as far as i know,

and

Budget is 1500 right now and 2100 after getting my stimulus :D

Back