Turbo better than full system exhaust costwise

umairhashmi

Registered
I have noticed a lot of people here would get a full system titanium exhaust,power commander,pay someone to dyno it and by the time its all said n done they are out by about 2k.
Wouldnt it be more cost effective to just spend 4k and get a turbo? Yes its more money but im assuming you get a lot of power gain with that compared to the full system pipes.
LOl unfortunately im not rich like most of you guys so i know i wouldnt be buying a turbo anytime soon but i was curious about it???

Well it depends. If you buy a good turbo, lots out there. Get it SETUP PROPORLY, dyno'd and tuned to perfection. Then yes things can be great. But keep in mind, things can go horribly wrong very fast. Ask Turbojhon. For the bang for the buck, yes im all for Turbo. But put some research into it before you just get a turbo, slap a PC3 in there and have some1 tune it. Make sure you know what the turbo is doing to your bike, understand how it works. Depending on the kind of riding you do, how often you ride your bike....a pair of slipons or a stock can mod can make you happy. But if your going for drag quality, turbo is the way to go. All in what and how you ride. Hope this helps.
beerchug.gif

also, may I ask why you are inquiring about this? What kind of riding do you do? How often? Why do you want more HP and torque from a bike that is already a beast?

(V8N3T @ Nov. 26 2006,20:48) But put some research into it before you just get a turbo, slap a PC3 in there and have some1 tune it. Make sure you know what the turbo is doing to your bike, understand how it works.
This is the first motorcycle i have ever owned.I bought it on Jan of 2006 and after 3500 miles i doubt i would want it to go any faster for my own sake.But i know people here spend insane amounts of money on pipes so i used to think wouldnt they be better off with just turboing it???
Right now i have Rs3 slipons (for sound effects) and im a happy camper

Well like I said, it really all depends on your intentions. What your wanting to do with the bike. If your a mountain carver, boost may not be the best thing for ya as turbo lag can bite you in the a$$ in a corner
SHOCKED.gif

If your a drag guy, its probably the best thing you can get. Dont quote me on that, im just speaking of the very little I do know. Everyone has something they want to do with their bike. It all depends on what YOU want to do with it. But I know of a couple people IRL that have turbo'd bikes and are constantly paying a tuner to dyno and fix their bike after a couple of months....Just because they have a crappy tuner. So do lots of research before your purchase and speak first hand with the tuner to get an idea if he knows what hes talking about. Maybe someone with some FACT can jump in here and help you out,
beerchug.gif

Well like V8 has said it all depends on what your final results are gona be if you want the power of the turbo then yeah there is not reason for purchaseing a full exhaust but if that dosen't even intrest you but you wana save some weight and get some more power you can still get a full pipe a pc and a tune for 1500-2000 if you do some looking and even if you pick up a nice used full system your farther ahead yet. Just like putting slip on's on a bike i would never buy new slip on's i'd buy used ones if that was the route i wanted to go to save a bit more weight.

But going turbo is a whole new monster all together you definatly end up changeing on how you ride the bike cause of all the more power and when it comes on also. If your on mostly straights with some curves there a blast. but if your a serious canyon carver they can be used but i think there are certain kits that are better suited for it then other.

I have even heard the supercharger is better for canyon riding then a turbo but they also cost alot more also though.

Back