dual can full exhaust system

I had Scorpion slipons on my last Busa. I noticed some slow speed surging with 'em. To fix it I pulled the hose going into the bottom, right side of the airbox. Screwed a bolt into the hose to block it. Surging eliminated.

<!--EDIT|MeatGrinder
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085267975 -->

hey Turbo-Torch,

it was the micron website info guy that returned my question  the email is  info@micronexhaust.com  and his initals at the bottom were MNA.  try to get a response and post it here...lol..id love to see it.   oh and by the way i do have a PCIIIr, BMC race filter, TRE and PAIR valve mod all ready to put on just wanted to do it at the same time as the exhaust, it looks like ill go with slip ons for now, although i have access to an airstrip that i frequent and try to peg my bike out at, i think most everyone is right as far as the ego thing...not sure the full exhaust is really worth the extra $$, think ill just go with slip ons. now..anyone know where i can get cheap carbon fiber microns or akra's cans, id rather them be new but nice used ones could work as well. thanx

<!--EDIT|flitemedic13
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085412965 -->

My biggest prob was back firing, but that has improved drastically since adding a TRE. I'm lookin to invest in a pcIIIr soon for better fuel economy since gas prices will be in the $3 range by summer's end.

Somebody better figure a way to get those gas prices back down to normal before I get back next summer! I'm not fightin' for our freedom, so I have to come back and pay $3 for a gallon of gas!

"Jonathan:
Nobody in the real performance world would put dual canisters on a full system for an inline 4 motorcycle, this would add weight and complexity, neither of which are good for performance.
We do offer twin slip-ons, but nothing in a full system with two canisters."

In other words "we don't offer a dual system therefore it's no good".  Nothing but sales hype from an idiot.

What's his return email address?
I'd like to ask him why the worlds fastest production bike comes with a dual exhaust instead of a single can.

Apparently the designers, engineers AND bean counters at Suzuki are a bunch of blithering idiots since they could have easily upped the Busa's HP using less material and labor, leaving an end result of a FASTER and more profitable bike.  Just shaving pennies off any item on a production vehicle saves a fortune...can you imagine what Suzuki could have saved by cutting the exhaust system in half plus the accolades they would have received for the increase in HP?

I can see a single exhaust if all out hyperbike power is not a concern and running around in circles on a track is.
Real bikes like the Busa and Black Bird need real exhausts.  Something also tells me that going to an ass ugly one pipe setup would play hell with the ultra fine tuned aerodynamics of the Busa.

Oh well...time to get off my soapbox and head out to the garage.  I want more power out of my Stingray so I'll be converting it to a single exhaust. HAHAHA
laugh.gif
[/QUOTE]
can't argue with dyno results for hp. aeros is a different story.

but time and time again 1 can setups produce more hp than duals.

can't argue with dyno results for hp. aeros is a different story.

but time and time again 1 can setups produce more hp than duals.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I can argue with a manufacturers Dyno results when the new single outlet setup has been installed on a bike that's been re-mapped way outside of the EPA limits and then compared to a bone stock Busa with the stock "legal" map.

I would be more convinced if someone were to do a comparison on the stock dual system with a treehugger unfriendly re-map.

I don't think I would spend $800 for 1-2 hp, which is all my buddy got with is Akra dual slip-ons. The HMFs sound great! I only wish I could hear a HMF big bird, MSF and gang say they sound even better than the duals.
I opted to spend a little more, $970 and gain 10-13 hp, louder sound, and the high mount look.
You can get the aluminum for $902 shipped in the US from Silvio, I spend extra to have the cans powdercoated black.
Also, you are not FORCED to buy a PC3 with the HMFs. I have been driving mine on the stock ECU, and it is running just fine. You are however forced to buy PAIR block-off plates. Around 50 bucks from Tom at Veltune.
So, actually for around $1050 you have have what 4 times the hp, and louder exhaust. Then spring for the PC3 when/if you want.
Now I just have to dyno it to find out how much they REALLY gave me.

As far as the single giving more power arguement, sure they give more PEAK horsepower, but I have read that the duals give more HP in the mid-range, which is where I need it the most. Seriously, who rides around at 8-10k rpms all of the time on the street? Not this guy.
Only duals will be on my Busa, it just looks funny with only 1 can to me. Dat's what the wittle guys have is 1 can... LOL
My .02...

Very cool look! I see in the first pic you have the rear seat on...no problems with passengers?

I also like the cans being solid black with no gaudy red/yellow decals that stick out like a sore @#$!
tounge.gif

Honestly, I haven't carried a passenger yet. It does look like a shoe might get hot if the wife isn't paying attention. I do not expect any problems thoough. The pipes aren't that hot that far back.

Yes, I had the exhaust special ordered with no decals for the same reason. Now I just got to paint it all black and polish the frame/swingarm.

Very cool look!  I see in the first pic you have the rear seat on...no problems with passengers?

I also like the cans being solid black with no gaudy red/yellow decals that stick out like a sore @#$!
tounge.gif
Wait wait a minute... Gaudy... Red and Yellow sticker? Um Hmmmm You talking about Akro's?

Kinda Sounds like it...

So uh... Lesse... Yup...

Fug You!!!
smile.gif

Back