Full system and dyno help!!

NINESCLUB

Registered
I have narrowed down my exhaust choices down to either a voodo or yoshimura full system. Just trying to clear up a couple of myths. Which exhaust system will make more power, and does it make a bike run rich or lean when you install exhaust. Also wondering what kind of hp gains i should expect and what dyno numbers you have seen on a stock gen 1 busa with full system vs stock exhaust.

A free flowing exhaust will make a bike run lean , if you mess with the air box( more air) will run fat , Also find a good exhaust if you are going to spend the money Dont cheep out and look for noise

getting a full exhaust getting rid of the pair valve. doing the airbox mod etc without a good tune wont do much of anything. I you are going to do it, do it right. dont half azz it. Ive learned that all too often to just spend the money to get it done right the first time and be done with it. you wont be disappointed.

A 5 to 7 gain and the cost of a dyno tune. If ur adding a PC IMHO you would be better off going with a Brocks exhaust and pick up 12 to 15 and get a free map already on the PC and save the cost of a tune. It's a great map. Absolutely with a great tuner you might beat the Brocks map.

A 5 to 7 gain and the cost of a dyno tune. If ur adding a PC IMHO you would be better off going with a Brocks exhaust and pick up 12 to 15 and get a free map already on the PC and save the cost of a tune. It's a great map. Absolutely with a great tuner you might beat the Brocks map.
Dont drink the Brock Kool Aid 12 to 15 hp :rofl: On his magic dyno only !!!! A good exhaust, Like the Ti Force Sumo on my 1441 will give the most hp about 12. The Brocks I had on a stock busa , Moded air box pc3 gave me almost 10hp and that was with the other mods

VooDoo or Yosh?? Is that even a serious question as to which is better and makes more power? LMFAO:rofl:

TiForce Suomo is one of the best pipes out there...saw on on PB this morning for $550 which wont last long...

Dont drink the Brock Kool Aid 12 to 15 hp :rofl: On his magic dyno only !!!! A good exhaust, Like the Ti Force Sumo on my 1441 will give the most hp about 12. The Brocks I had on a stock busa , Moded air box pc3 gave me almost 10hp and that was with the other mods

Guess it must have been some good Kool Aid my bike drank then.
An AlienHead and a PcV added almost 20hp to it. And after I had the ecu flashed I had gained 24hp to the wheel.

I have narrowed down my exhaust choices down to either a voodo or yoshimura full system. Just trying to clear up a couple of myths. Which exhaust system will make more power, and does it make a bike run rich or lean when you install exhaust. Also wondering what kind of hp gains i should expect and what dyno numbers you have seen on a stock gen 1 busa with full system vs stock exhaust.

Stock Gen I's average around 151-152 SAE rwhp with the stock exhaust and with a good(full system)aftermarket pipe/dyno tune will(should)be around 162-164 SAE rwhp.Gen II's about 25+hp more than a Gen I with the same mods.

Picked up about 12 on mine with Brocks and that was with a rich map before a good dyno tune,his Kool Aid's just fine.:laugh:

I guess your all just Stupid Fast Now :poke: I will just stick with what I know and what my motor builders say , Carpenter/Knecum . The Hindle pipes that Brocks sells (Hindle Makes his pipes fyi ) are not top of the line, Inside weld drippings dont always fit in the head right black coat comming off ect .

I guess your all just Stupid Fast Now :poke: I will just stick with what I know and what my motor builders say , Carpenter/Knecum . The Hindle pipes that Brocks sells (Hindle Makes his pipes fyi ) are not top of the line, Inside weld drippings dont always fit in the head right black coat comming off ect .

I know from years in the car and bike world that no two motors are exactly the same. So it's possible that what one person does to get 12hp will only get the next guy 10hp and the next 15hp. I also think that it is possible that there are more than one good exhaust out there. I do not have a Brocks but I can't believe that all the people that do are telling the same lie.

Guess it must have been some good Kool Aid my bike drank then.
An AlienHead and a PcV added almost 20hp to it. And after I had the ecu flashed I had gained 24hp to the wheel.

Did you dyno the bike stock for a baseline,immediately install the pipe&PCV once it cooled off and then right back onto the very same dyno on the very same day? 20rwhp from a pipe/PCV with pump gas is unheard of. Just not realistic. Unless there were some issues with the bike that were rectified during the pipe/tune install.

Dynoed my Gen2 100% bone stock&it made 181.xx rwhp. Put an Akra pipe on 2 hrs later(with no PCV)and made 192. PCV was delivered a few hrs after that and once installed and tuned it made 3rwhp more. So 14rwhp,same dyno,same day. Thats in line with everyone else. I dont care about the 181rwhp stock,the number that counts is 14rwhp it picked up before and after mods.

But if you got 20rwhp,congrats thats awesome:thumbsup:

I also think that it is possible that there are more than one good exhaust out there. I do not have a Brocks but I can't believe that all the people that do are telling the same lie.
Definitely more than 1 exhaust that makes power. TiForce,Akrapovic are within 1rwp of Brocks. People jump on the bandwagon,and Brock does support the drag racers I guess.

Did you dyno the bike stock for a baseline,immediately install the pipe&PCV once it cooled off and then right back onto the very same dyno on the very same day? 20rwhp from a pipe/PCV with pump gas is unheard of. Just not realistic.
Took the words right out of mouth lol , I love it when mods are not done back to back on the same day and then they add the hp numbers up form different days not the same dyno ,not the same tire . I got 24 more hp by changing my air filter and using this new guy to tune my bike :rofl:

Took the words right out of mouth lol , I love it when mods are not done back to back on the same day and then they add the hp numbers up form different days not the same dyno ,not the same tire . I got 24 more hp by changing my air filter and using this new guy to tune my bike :rofl:

But wait,thats what you did:rofl:

Couldnt resist:laugh:

Nobody ever said it was the highest quality pipe out there,but for $1095 it works as good as any and better than others.I chose it because I don't like the look of a big honkin' can hangin' off the side of my bike but to each his own,even you.:laugh:

That is a bold statement, Though I'm not married to a specific brand I still give props to Brock and his research and endeavors. But, to each his own. Brock's progress is IMHO unquestionable and he provides specific formulas to make power without question, I do believe there is more then one way to skin a cat, regardless I believe you can tune around any exhaust and make run just fine. But then the questions of quality, horse power, and sound come into play.
Too me the difference between Yoshimura and Voo Doo are mile apart but both can be made to perform efficiently with proper tuning. On a Hayabusa, short cuts equal problems.

Did you dyno the bike stock for a baseline,immediately install the pipe&PCV once it cooled off and then right back onto the very same dyno on the very same day? 20rwhp from a pipe/PCV with pump gas is unheard of. Just not realistic. Unless there were some issues with the bike that were rectified during the pipe/tune install.

Dynoed my Gen2 100% bone stock&it made 181.xx rwhp. Put an Akra pipe on 2 hrs later(with no PCV)and made 192. PCV was delivered a few hrs after that and once installed and tuned it made 3rwhp more. So 14rwhp,same dyno,same day. Thats in line with everyone else. I dont care about the 181rwhp stock,the number that counts is 14rwhp it picked up before and after mods.

But if you got 20rwhp,congrats thats awesome:thumbsup:

Yes I did.
Baseline 167
After PcV and AH 186

Approximately a year later dynoed again at 187
Then flashed ECU directly afterward, removed soft cut limiter and put hard cut limiter on it and tweaked map a bit and it was 191

This was all done at same shop on same dyno by one of the best known shops in South Florida.
The people here know how meticulous I am and how well I've documented things publicly.
There are threads here for each one as well with dyno sheets posted.

I love it how people that don't know think they do.

Ps....my black ceramic coated AH was the first all black one made.
There's also a thread here on it as well. It was flawless.

79d99a52.jpg

Blackmax is quite the ASSumptive one isn't he? :moon:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back