BDE Gen 3 Full System Exhaust

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
I am looking at getting the BDE Gen 3 full system exhaust. I was told by a representative that by replacing my stock exhaust with the BDE Gen 3 exhaust that I would loose ~22 lbs. Also, I would gain hp. He mentioned that I would also need to purchase a power commander and that they would provide the correct mapping. The install should be easy according to him. Do anyone have any opinions, suggestions, etc.

That's what I'm running.. I put the whole system on myself, including the powercommander in an afternoon. Great system. You also need to remove the PAIR valve, which is also easy to do. And yes, you will lose at least 22 pounds... probably closer to 30 I'd say. I put the c/f muffler on mine. Do a search on here and you'll find other threads and pictures too. I got all my stuff from Tom at Veltune. He loaded the map for me. Plus you can get other maps directly from Brock, along with other technical support and good tips.

I also have the BDE G3 and yes you can notice a difference in peformance. My bike picked up 5mph at the strip after installing the BDE.
smile.gif

Cuffee, It is definately one of the Top 5 exhaust systems made for the hayabusa. I like the duals, but if I wanted a single can, I would go with the polished titanium BDE Gen 3 from veltune.com.

Tom is a great guy, supports the board and has the best customer service of anyone I have ever experienced. Give him a shout! He help you in anyway he can with your new exhaust system! -Bill

Great system! Get it from Tom at Veltune. Use the Mega Copper on all joints and make sure to give your belly pan enough clearance from the mid pipe. You can adjust the clearance by turning the mid pipe. Dry fit everything but, be careful to not jam the parts together or they grab onto each other like a beyotch! I had to bend an oil cooler line a little for more clearance but, it was no big deal, did it with my hands.

<!--EDIT|mctrull
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102004993 -->

definately check out Tom at Veltune.com As mentioned before, his customer service is fantastic and his polished TI system is beautiful.

here's a shot of Hooken's Polished TI from Veltune.

polishedTI.jpg

GREAT SYSTEM ...I have the carbon can on my 02 black n blue.. good performance gain 10 hp and at least 30 lbs of weight loss.

busa_040.jpg

Thanks for the pics and the advice. I actually called Brock Davidson and we spoke about the installation. He said if I can change my car's oil, then I should be able to perform this task. I am looking forward to this.

Back