In a completely neutral tone I ask...

agreed.....but executing all murderers,rapists,child molestors, all other violent criminals would free up lots of room in our jails.

this room could be used for first time criminals that actually can be rehabilitated.....

Speaking of the Death penalty, I use to be ok with it but I don't see how any one can be for it unless some how the crime was caught on tape. The number of people falsely accused and convicted in this country is incredibly high. Just look at the number of people released after 10, 15, 20 years in prison for a crime they did not commit and didn't have the resources to properly defend themselves against. I'm sure it would be a lot more if the money and evidence were present.

Now imagine if the people falsely accused were executed ??? the years they can never get back but what if they found out after they were gone that it was not the right person? Furthermore prison is a billion dollar industry, more inmates = more money. This justice system works at times but the system and those that have the power can prey on those that don't have the resources to protect themselves.

I saw a good movie about a true story in Hearne, TX called American Violet, basically the DA (Calvin Beckett) was raiding public housing complexes and arresting people on false charges with no evidence and using intimidation and fear to get them to take a plea, the plea turns into dollars for each conviction for the department and drug task force and of course once your a felon no gov't benefits and no ability to vote. The bad part is he was exposed, his own wife and Daughter testified and I think this guy is still the DA :banghead:

OK its simple there are two sides on the death penalty.

Side one: immediately upon conviction of crimes which he is in no doubt of having committed march Jeffrey Dahmer outside into a ready made grave and pop right in the back of the head. C U later !

Side two: immediately upon conviction of crimes which he is in no doubt of having committed march Jeffrey Dahmer into an air conditioned cell, feed him 3 meals a day and pay more than 100k per yr to keep him alive in fees and costs.

I know which side I am on an my conscience would be clean.
When it is a cut and dry case with no doubt as in JD or the guy who kidnapped the girl and held her captive for 18yrs....OFF WITH THEIR HEADS.

Jd caught a case of death in prison. Never made execution, bad axample but understood. Bundy is a better example. Along with castration of pedophiles. Most admit anyway. I agree with death penalty just not with all the bs and waste that leads up to it. Should be an express lane for cases that are pled guilty as well as cases that have indisputable evidence.
Posted via Mobile Device

When there is no doubt in anyones mind the perp is guilty of crimes normal folks cant fathom then quick execution is needed.
Crimes against kids , those folks should be fed to hungry wolves !

Back