In a bind...

300 Mag. You could take out the cat and the hubby from a distance. Then the clean up won't be on your property.
wink.gif
Wow! That would probably look about like those prairie dog shootin' videos I posted a while back!
biggrin.gif

I'm a cat lover too, and the first thing that came to mind was the car cover, but like you said, you don't use them. I've never tried the sonic devices that you mention, but to me it is an easy decision...I think this is one of those sacrifices that goes along with marriage. You already have one cat in the house, so I'd take out an add in the paper for a free kitty...it will make a couple of little kids(one being your husband lol) really happy. Plus, he got your Caesar some toys for Christmas, what did the cat get him?
biggrin.gif

The cat didn't get him sh*t...can you believe that?!
laugh.gif

I went to Lowe's and Home Depot, but found nothing short of poison, and that's not one of the options...so, I'll order it offline and hope for the best...I'll let everyone know if it helps...

Kitty's getting spoiled though...he's spent the last 3 nights inside...indoor kitty's getting confused!
smile.gif

VA I wondered the same thing on how well these electrical things work but I had a question on how would it effect the cats inside when they went off? The problem I have is neighborhood cats spraying my basement windows and boy does it stink up the house. It also drives my 2 indoor cats crazy. therefore someone told me to go to the zoo and get some Lion S$%t and spread it around the house in the flower beds and this will most likely keep any and all animals away from my house. But I still run into the same question what will it do to the cats inside? Delimma's with cats.

Everyone who says just get rid of them I have this to say, maybe we should just get rid of you since you don't like cats. Get over yourself and try and help VA out with honest responses otherwise just be quiet!!!!!!!

Everyone who says just get rid of them I have this to say, maybe we should just get rid of you since you don't like cats. Get over yourself and try and help VA out with honest responses otherwise just be quiet!!!!!!!
Yeah, that's very likely to happen.
laugh.gif
To some it sounds just as stupid as getting rid of the cat, have some compassion for others feelings!!!! Just my .02

I know most of the comments are made just to rib at VA and others but I felt like giving some feedback about the subject no hard feelings.

I understand that not everyone likes cats and trust me I can't stand the neighborhood free roaming little rodents but what can I do. Can't discharge my firearm in the City limits but if my problem persists I may be forced to whooping the crap out of the owners for letting them run wild.

OK, here,s what you do Va, take a few mouse traps, and place them on the jeep, and then take rags, and place them on top of the traps, and BAM, the cat won,t get nowhere near the jeep again.
laugh.gif
J/K, good luck with the problem.

I had the same problem with our outside cats. At one time they numbered in the teens.All ferile except for a few petable ones. A friends ancient grandma suggested mothballs on a saucer under the vehicle and one or two on top. I'll be damped if it didn't work. It kept them off my new Silverado but it was a pain in the butt to keep them dry from fog and rain. No moths balls jokes either.
 The sound a cat makes when it gets caught up in the fan on a cold morning is pretty unususal tho'!

When I was a kid, my grandfather used to love to annoy my grannys cats. They would jump up on his window ledge. Well it used to piss him off cuz they would meow at him while he was having his morning coffee. So he decided to come up with a plan.

He took a 2x6 and made it the length of the window ledge, nailed some nails in it, and ran some thin wire across the nails. Then he got one of the electric fence chargers and hooked it to the wire one night before he went to bed. Next mornin, kitty starts buggin the shid outta him, he simple reaches over and turns on the the charger.

After about two friggin weeks of this, and us laffing our arses off, he cats stopped getting on the window ledge. Proof that they are stoopid, I would figure it out before then, and I am definately not smart.

So you could somehow hotwire your jeep and it will learn, but you gotta watch it for a bit and I bet it would stay off tha jeep.

Whats your hubby's email address? I bet he would like this suggestion...
It really would work tho!
tounge.gif

Sorry Michelle, I really just havent thought about my grand father in a while, and it was a funny story. If nothing else, you dilemna here has somehow managed to brighten my day. Wish I had something useful to help you with.

-Bill

HI VA,sorry its been a while, so what happened? I'm stuck here in Panama City with no Busa!!! The upside is I'm driving my mustang!!! Any luck with your decision?
rock.gif

I've just ordered one today! So, I'll let you guys know how it works...still keeping the blasted offending cat indoors at night and watching him like a hawk when he's outside...it's getting old...
sad.gif
Happy to report that he's only managed to get on it once thus far...I washed those prints off REAL quick...
blush.gif

I'll be sure to keep you guys posted, but the moth balls thing may be worth a shot too...just surround all of our vehicles with 'em! Hrmmm...
smile.gif
OR, tie some along a string and just put it around his neck! That should keep him away from himself, my Jeep, my Mustang, the Miata and boat...

Another idea, VA:

They sell OC (pepper spray) window units. What happens is it shoots a cloud of OC when something trips the sensor. You could put one ground level at the entrance of the garage. That way, when kitty decides to stroll into the garage to scope the new jeep, SSSSHHHHHTT! kitty gets a nice whiff of OC and more than likely will never go there again.

Oh yeah...and you can turn it off so that you don't get the hubby. Just a thought, FWIW.
smile.gif

I've just ordered one today!  So, I'll let you guys know how it works...still keeping the blasted offending cat indoors at night and watching him like a hawk when he's outside...it's getting old...
sad.gif
 Happy to report that he's only managed to get on it once thus far...I washed those prints off REAL quick...
blush.gif

I'll be sure to keep you guys posted, but the moth balls thing may be worth a shot too...just surround all of our vehicles with 'em!  Hrmmm...
smile.gif
OR, tie some along a string and just put it around his neck!  That should keep him away from himself, my Jeep, my Mustang, the Miata and boat...
So does this mean your not going to use the shock treatment?
crazy.gif
poke.gif

jump9.gif

war.gif
war.gif
war.gif

war.gif

war.gif

Hrmmm...so you guys are really suggesting pepper spray and shock treatment for the hubby, right? Right?!
tounge.gif

UPDATE!!!

My little "Googled for help" purchase has worked!

It's a cheesy little device, cost just over $50 with shipping, but it seems to scare the cat away each and every time. I did notice a few cat prints on the Jeep the first night; looks like he jumped up, walked a few steps, turned around and jumped right back down. The ear piercing shrill was just too much for him, and yes, I can hear it too, but it's not too bothersome to me for just a second or two as I walk by...if I stood there, facing me for a while, I'd have one helluva headache...

NOT A SINGLE PRINT ON THE JEEP ON MIATA SINCE!!! WOO HOO! My poor neglected Mustang has been parked on the other side of the driveway, well away from this new toy, so it's covered with paw prints...thinking about ordering another to keep kitty off of my car and the boat too...

My hubby even had to concede that I've solved this little problem...
tounge.gif

So, I recommend getting one if you're sick of paw prints...it is motion sensored, so it doesn't stay on all of the time. All it takes is a little 9 volt battery...

cool.gif
Va found a useful item for a change...
laugh.gif

Now, will it keep a Great Dane off of my car? You know, I've had one on there before! Walked outside one day to see my female Dane, Maggie, lying across the hood like a cat...
wow.gif
All 150 lbs of her...did I b*tch and moan like the hubby over a little cat...noooooo...well, yeah, I did, but that's beside the point...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back