In a bind...

Just get one of these and keep the cat in it when the Jeep is in the yard.
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
Ouch!

You guys are just too much...

First, nitrousjunkie...there is no bigger animal lover than yours truly. THAT'S exactly why I have this dilemma...I don't want to turn him over to the Humane Society, and I surely can't just drive him a few miles away and hope someone takes him in...

I'm a cat person, hubby's not...we've been married for almost 12 years now and this has been a point of contention for all that time. He's repeatedly shown his distaste for paw prints and scratches on cars, and I don't like 'em either, but my options are limited. I can't put him inside; he pee's all over my house. I can't and won't declaw an outdoor cat because something could kill him...so, hold the "he's your responsibility" speech for someone that doesn't give a sh*t about pets...that's not for me sweetie...this particular cat is one of two brothers that I RESCUED from the side of the road in NC while on a trip, so the words of advice pretty much just ticked me off...don't worry, I'm over it; just wanted you to know that I'm not one of those people that toss their pets away...so far from it, it's unreal...

As for the other comments...honestly, guys, I just wanted to know if anyone's used any of these high frequency devices...that's pretty much all...this didn't just come about because of the new vehicle, but it has just escalated...it's something I need to fix if possible, otherwise I have a pissed off husband until the cat dies, or the cat has to go...

Thanks Timmy, for your offer...that's two on the east coast that will take him if I need help...I'm hoping it won't come to that...

Thanks to the others for the advice...I'm heading to Lowe's today to see if they carry something for me to try...

BT...that pic was funny, but oh so wrong!
smile.gif

Va, sorry about the preaching,its just that alot of people take on the resposibility of a pet and at the first sign of problems, they bail on the pet, Now I know you're not like that,you had him some time now,the thing most people dont realize is the pet doesnt have a say in the matter, thats all I'm saying,I dont even like cats,but there's got to be a compromise here, if not, run an ad in the paper " free to a good home" and make some one else happy along with your husband,NJ.:)

Va, sorry about the preaching,its just that alot of people take on the resposibility of a pet and at the first sign of problems, they bail on the pet, Now I know you're not like that,you had him some time now,the thing most people dont realize is the pet doesnt have a say in the matter, thats all I'm saying,I dont even like cats,but there's got to be a compromise here, if not, run an ad in the paper " free to a good home" and make some one else happy along with your husband,NJ.:)
No problem nitrous...I wrestle my cats for a mouse to save it's life! That's how animal nuts I am...yeah, I get laughed at a lot...don't kill bugs, the whole 9 yards...
smile.gif

Little known fact: running ads stating "free to a good home" usually lands your beloved pet in a lab...laboratories scour newspapers looking for just that, then get your pet and use it for testing...just a little FYI.

...if I have to give him up, he'll go to my local "no kill" shelter, or I'll give him to someone I trust...

Little known fact: running ads stating "free to a good home" usually lands your beloved pet in a lab...laboratories scour newspapers looking for just that, then get your pet and use it for testing...just a little FYI.
So there IS a good use for a cat. Hope they're testing chemical warfare agents on the little bastids. I hate cats. Mainly because I've never owned one but I've had plenty of damage to my vehicles from them. I guess maybe I should resent the folks who let them run loose and get on my cars in the first place, but when you see so many cats that you don't even own leavin' scratches on your nice black, shiney Mustang Cobra trying to get off of it when you walk out of the house... trust me, you see RED every time you see a friggin' cat after that.
mad.gif

So, misplaced or not, my hatred of cats goes on.
wink.gif

Little known fact:  running ads stating "free to a good home" usually lands your beloved pet in a lab...laboratories scour newspapers looking for just that, then get your pet and use it for testing...just a little FYI.
So there IS a good use for a cat. Hope they're testing chemical warfare agents on the little bastids. I hate cats. Mainly because I've never owned one but I've had plenty of damage to my vehicles from them. I guess maybe I should resent the folks who let them run loose and get on my cars in the first place, but when you see so many cats that you don't even own leavin' scratches on your nice black, shiney Mustang Cobra trying to get off of it when you walk out of the house... trust me, you see RED every time you see a friggin' cat after that.
mad.gif

wink.gif
Might consider some anger management classes there BT!

I'm kidding...that's pretty much how the hubby feels too...hey, we can't all be cat people!
laugh.gif

mad.gif

wink.gif
Might consider some anger management classes there BT!

I'm kidding...that's pretty much how the hubby feels too...hey, we can't all be cat people!
laugh.gif
Nah, the anger was gone as soon as the cats were.
devil.gif
Turns out eliminating what pisses you off is pretty good therapy.
biggrin.gif
Too bad I can't use that method with some people that piss me off.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108586141 -->

wink.gif

I would just bite the bullet and get rid of your husband. He doesnt like Jap bikes anyway. Obiviously I'm a cat person.

2 words:: .22 hollowpoint, I am not a cat lover either. I like the idea of a talking alarm with perimeter sensors like convertibles have that warn if you get too close. the cat jumps on and the alarm goes off, keep the remote close. it might be inconvenient but sure beats buffing out scratches. Nothing worse than bring home a warm car on a cold night and the ctas want to warm up, they jump up and a little bit of ice makes them slip and out come the claws then screeeeech! That .22 cal becomes a shotgun and you know the rest. hey just another though you could buy this for your husbands "Prize Posession" because you know how important it is to him, save the cat and score points with the hubby. jsut a thought, good luck.

2 words:: .22 hollowpoint, I am not a cat lover either. I like the idea of a talking alarm with perimeter sensors like convertibles have that warn if you get too close. the cat jumps on and the alarm goes off, keep the remote close. it might be inconvenient but sure beats buffing out scratches. Nothing worse than bring home a warm car on a cold night and the ctas want to warm up, they jump up and a little bit of ice makes them slip and out come the claws then screeeeech! That .22 cal becomes a shotgun and you know the rest. hey just another though you could buy this for your husbands "Prize Posession" because you know how important it is to him, save the cat and score points with the hubby. jsut a thought, good luck.
Some numbers and two words... .223 Ballistic Tip...
wink.gif

2 words:: .22 hollowpoint,  I am not a cat lover either.  I like the idea of a talking alarm with perimeter sensors like convertibles have that warn if you get too close.  the cat jumps on and the alarm goes off, keep the remote close.  it might be inconvenient but sure beats buffing out scratches.  Nothing worse than bring home a warm car on a cold night and the ctas want to warm up, they jump up and a little bit of ice makes them slip and out come the claws then  screeeeech! That .22 cal becomes a shotgun and you know the rest.  hey just another though you could buy this for your husbands "Prize Posession" because you know how important it is to him, save the cat and score points with the hubby.  jsut a thought, good luck.
laugh.gif

a .22, huh?
smile.gif

300 Mag. You could take out the cat and the hubby from a distance. Then the clean up won't be on your property.
wink.gif

Back