In a bind...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Ughhh...there's this ongoing "issue" between the hubby and I about my outdoor cat...he hates him, I tolerate him and feel obligated to keep him healthy and fed for the rest of his natural life...I went from 4 cats last year to just 2 (one indoor and one outdoor)...

BUT, we just bought a Jeep last night...and it never occurred to me that my husband was worried about the cat on this new vehicle. I've had cats my entire life and I just cope with the paw prints and minor scratches on the cars...HE does not even wash his car anymore; says its because of my cat...
sad.gif

Well, I'm desperate now. I locked 'Pete' away in the utility room last night just to make sure he didn't get on the new Jeep, but I can't do this every night. He's an outdoor cat, can't have full run of the house because he marks his territory and we have leather sofas that have survived, thus far, two small kids...

I've been reviewing some items on the web, reading up on what others have used to help keep cats off of cars...I found a few devices that emit very high frequencies; just mount 'em in the areas you don't want the cat in, and it's supposed to work...

Anyone have an experience with these devices? One's called the 'P7810' device (typed it in on Google), and another's called the "CatScram", or "CatStop"...all 3 emit high frequencies...seems easy enough, but does it work?

Please, HELP!! He's going to force me to give up the cat or take him on a long trip late at night...I can't live with that...

*** All anti-cat rhetoric is not appreciated here! I know we're not all CAT PEOPLE!
laugh.gif

New vehicle...Old cat has got to go...Let the hubby make a late nite trip...Problem solved...Or you could have the cat put to sleep...I'm really not offering any positive advise...So I'll stop now...A heavy duty car cover would work but if you drive the vehicle alot it's a sort of pain in the butt...
evil.gif

ices_rofl.gif

ok, they have shock collars for dogs right? get a shock collar for the cat, and spend a weekend working with the cat.

Have the jeep parked and tie up a little mouse on the jeep, show the cat the mouse and ever time the cat comes within 5 feet of the jeep, shock his a$$.

One word

Rottweiler
Two words -- have Great Danes that carry the neighbors' dogs around, but can't catch a cat...It's not going to work!  
laugh.gif
They don't have to catch 'em!  Just teach where the important areas are and the cat won't ever come around!
Yeah, in a perfect world, that would work...but Danes tend to be lazy and if I could get 'em off my couch or bed, maybe they'd help me out!
laugh.gif

Okay, sooooo, NO ONE'S had an experience with the devices I mentioned?
rock.gif

laugh.gif

hypheniated word... de-claw....
biggrin.gif

why don't you just have the claws taken out and then you don't have to worry about scratching anymore... You should leave the rear claws in though so they can get traction... If its an outdoor cat, this is probably not going to be good, as you are taking away some of his self-defense measures...

Your hubby and me would probably get a long great because I am pretty anal about my cars and I would be pissed if I couldn't get someone or something to respect my property... You should definetly take care of it one way or another... If that cat is important to you, have the talk with the hubby and try a bunch of different things until you get it taken care of... You could try to train the cat... ;)

Cloud

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108488179 -->

not on that device but i used a small voltage electric fence and that kept them out of my garden and around the vehichles. may sound crule but it worked really well.
wink.gif

Get rid of the husband.
Considered it, but alas **big sigh** I do love him...

Cloud - he's strictly outdoors...he pee'd all over the house once I had kids, so he's not allowed to stay in...we've declawed the indoor cat...

I was just hoping someone's heard something good about the devices I mentioned. They look simple enough, just set it up in the yard where you don't want the cats to go, and it's supposed to scare 'em away with the high frequency sounds...

I'm going to get a cover for the Jeep, but it's not feasible to pop that baby on every single time I park...I've got kids!
laugh.gif

Va-

If ya go with one of those deviced, let us know how if works. I would love to figure out a way to keep the cats off the couch. I cant be on guard with the super soaker all the time.

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108492143 -->

Wish I could help.

Can't de-claw an outdoor cat. (Prolly shouldn't do it to any cat!)

I trained Casey with a rubberband gun.

don't know if they make shock collars for cats, meybe one for a chiuawawaewawawaw (that mexican dog)?

My dad has the same problem Michelle, so I can sympathize with your situation. Actually my dad puts a couple rubber snakes on the hood, trunk, and top of his car and it seems to work like a charm. NO CATS!! Give it a shot and see what happens.
biggrin.gif

Try the device one VA only other thing is and with the nice stuff it seems you guys have don't you have a garage? park the cars in there and keep the doors shut then no cat problems thats what my father dose otherwise i think the electrice device is your next bet i kinda like have outdoor cats keeps our rodent problem down on the farm also keep the bird crap off my equipment i'd rather see cat tracks then a bunch of BS on the tractors and equipment

My dad has the same problem Michelle, so I can sympathize with your situation.  Actually my dad puts a couple rubber snakes on the hood, trunk, and top of his car and it seems to work like a charm.  NO CATS!!  Give it a shot and see what happens.
biggrin.gif
hrmmmm...that just might work...

BUT, Hubby is absolutely terrified of snakes, so will it really solve any problem, or just create more?!
laugh.gif

Damn, might be fun just for the hell of it!

Thanks Brian...

Try the device one VA only other thing is and with the nice stuff it seems you guys have don't you have a garage? park the cars in there and keep the doors shut then no cat problems thats what my father dose otherwise i think the electrice device is your next bet i kinda like have outdoor cats keeps our rodent problem down on the farm also keep the bird crap off my equipment i'd rather see cat  tracks then a bunch of BS on the tractors and equipment
Nope...for all the motorcycles and convertibles, boat, old '65 Mustang and now a Jeep, alas, we do not have a garage...
blush.gif
We have a shed that could hold his Miata, but that's where the bikes go...
smile.gif

It's in the works though...but, it's going to have to be HUGE! Or, I just sell the hubby and his toys?! Hrmmm...let me rethink some things here...
laugh.gif

Yeah, I'm thinking the device is where I'll go...hell, it's less than $50, so I should just buy it and see for myself, huh?
smile.gif

smile.gif

Yeah, I'm thinking the device is where I'll go...hell, it's less than $50, so I should just buy it and see for myself, huh?  
smile.gif
If you ever get down Atlanta way, bring him with you. We have anywhere from 10 to 15 outdoor cats. They keep the mice and other rodents down and in exchange, I feed em.
One more won't hurt.
laugh.gif

smile.gif
If you ever get down Atlanta way, bring him with you. We have anywhere from 10 to 15 outdoor cats. They keep the mice and other rodents down and in exchange, I feed em.
One more won't hurt.
laugh.gif
Hrmmm...road trip on the Busa perhaps?!

Changing the thread to "how to transport a pissed off kitty on the Busa"
laugh.gif

Thanks...I wish I could take you up on it 'cause probably would...

laugh.gif

Back