Immigration march in los angeles was a success!

Thanks guys!
blush.gif

Wow Julie, that is a very sad story indeed...
sad.gif
Great work though...damn tough job...

If you want to talk racist, go watch a Chris Rock comedy show.  he is always slamming white people.. guess what? I am white and I think he is funny as shid, even though I don't think he likes white people.. whatever. I still think he is funny..

I wouldn't take my kids to one of his shows just because of the language.

If you want to talk racist, why is there a BET cable station (Black entertainment) but not a WET? Because it is ok for our society to have a television show geared towards black people.. and it is ok for television shows to be geared towards Hispanic people, but man.. if someone came out with a station that was noticeably geared towards white people only, shid would hit the fan.
Ooh! Now that one is just a little sensitive there t-fox. While I won't make any comments on the Hispanic issue, I will make one on these words. I wouldn't go as far as saying that Chris Rock is (in your words.. "you think") a racist. He simply makes light of things that actually happens in our society. No different than giving the statistics you gave earlier. But at the same time, he sheds light on the fact that Black people can be just as insensitive and stupid as white folks. You have to be able to walk in my (our) shoes to truly understand how I (we)feel. I don't condone the race card pulling for every situation where minorities feel mistreated, but it does apply sometime.

And to make the statement that racism is having a black TV station is truly insensitive. Think about this. We are all different in our own cultures and to desire to have TV that is geared to our own kind is OK. Funny thing though, is that BET was started by a black man, but was recently purchased by TimeWarner about three years ago. Regardless of how you feel, minorities always have a solid place in American society as long as we can somehow generate profits for someone. The only show about minorities that ever made a dramatic hit with ALL of America was The Cosby Show. Fact is is that minority shows don't make it in the majors like NBC, CBS, ABC, and FOX. So instead of turning on television each and every day and have no minority role models to look up to, someone decided to invest his money and starting a station to give minorities access to black-based TV. You never heard the race card being played in that scenario. And personally, I don't care for music videos and the like. I truly believe that it's the videos and not the music that actually destroys the moral fiber of African-American society. But guess what?
rock.gif
This is America... and it doesn't matter how money is made or who is making it... somebody somewhere will want to reap the benefits.

Now it's cool to have opinions, but just please don't bash me or disrespect me for mine. Remember that I was brought up in the Deep South, so there is nothing you can tell me about racism or that it's getting better. I'm just glad that I was raised to love everyone, no matter what skin color they are and what values they hold. I don't bash people whom I feel that are racist because I feel that one day that they will have to ultimately answer to a higher power regarding their sins. And since I'm in no spiritual and moral position to judge, I just simply accept people for who they are. That's my word and it is bond, and I'm sticking to it.

Brian... Out!!

lurk.gif
These threads are such a joy to read. Lets just all note how each of us is different than the other and then use those differences to divide us, what do you say, sounds like fun huh?

Kevin

If you want to talk racist, go watch a Chris Rock comedy show.  he is always slamming white people.. guess what? I am white and I think he is funny as shid, even though I don't think he likes white people.. whatever. I still think he is funny..

If you want to talk racist, why is there a BET cable station (Black entertainment) but not a WET? Because it is ok for our society to have a television show geared towards black people.. and it is ok for television shows to be geared towards Hispanic people, but man.. if someone came out with a station that was noticeably geared towards white people only, shid would hit the fan.
Ooh!  Now that one is just a little sensitive there t-fox.  While I won't make any comments on the Hispanic issue, I will make one on these words.  I wouldn't go as far as saying that Chris Rock is (in your words.. "you think") a racist.  He simply makes light of things that actually happens in our society.  No different than giving the statistics you gave earlier.  But at the same time, he sheds light on the fact that Black people can be just as insensitive and stupid as white folks.  You have to be able to walk in my (our) shoes to truly understand how I (we)feel.  I don't condone the race card pulling for every situation where minorities feel mistreated, but it does apply sometime.

And to make the statement that racism is having a black TV station is truly insensitive.  Think about this.  We are all different in our own cultures and to desire to have TV that is geared to our own kind is OK.  Funny thing though, is that BET was started by a black man, but was recently purchased by TimeWarner about three years ago.  Regardless of how you feel, minorities always have a solid place in American society as long as we can somehow generate profits for someone.  The only show about minorities that ever made a dramatic hit with ALL of America was The Cosby Show.  Fact is is that minority shows don't make it in the majors like NBC, CBS, ABC, and FOX.  So instead of turning on television each and every day and have no minority role models to look up to, someone decided to invest his money and starting a station to give minorities access to black-based TV.  You never heard the race card being played in that scenario.  And personally, I don't care for music videos and the like.  I truly believe that it's the videos and not the music that actually destroys the moral fiber of African-American society.  But guess what?
rock.gif
 This is America... and it doesn't matter how money is made or who is making it... somebody somewhere will want to reap the benefits.

Now it's cool to have opinions, but just please don't bash me or disrespect me for mine.  Remember that I was brought up in the Deep South, so there is nothing you can tell me about racism or that it's getting better.  I'm just glad that I was raised to love everyone, no matter what skin color they are and what values they hold.  I don't bash people whom I feel that are racist because I feel that one day that they will have to ultimately answer to a higher power regarding their sins.  And since I'm in no spiritual and moral position to judge, I just simply accept people for who they are.  That's my word and it is bond, and I'm sticking to it.

Brian... Out!!
Your right Brian. I have never had to walk in anyones shoes but a white person.

And to be honest that is one of the first things that pops into my head when I think someone is throwing a race card out there.. kind of my own check and ballance.. I try to put myself in their shoes to determine if I think they have a legit gripe or not.

but common. I dont care who bought BET. My point is this.

If someone came out with a cable station and called it WET My (me) my first thought would be that is racists and probably started by skin heads or the KKK..

And I am sure any and all minorities would think the same thing.. There would be an outcry of racism, no one would sponsor the channel and it would die. as it should..

And your excuse for Chris Rock is he just makes light of things that actually happen in our society, kind of like statisicts.

But why is it when statistics come out showing that a certian ethinc group statisitcally is involved in a higher percentage of crimes, that is not considered statistics, that is considered prejudice..

Like I said.. I think Chris Rock is funny.. but if the tables were turned and it was a white guy up there talking crap about black people all the time, he would probably be dead, or at least out of a job..

But as you say Brian. I dont know what it is like. I dont know what it is to be discriminated against so maybe I should just not talk on the subject...

Sorry if I offended you...

We (the white people) don't need WET because that's how television started. It was white with the exception of a select few (guest-like) appearences. Sadly, though most of us wont see it or admit to it, it's remained largely that way for decades. Having BET and WET would just lead us back to segregation. I'm sure some idiot white hick thinks he's about to catch some poker tournament when he see that BET in the lower right hand corner.

So, Brian makes a valid point about being able to identify with a specific racially inclinded line up - nothing wrong with that. The funny thing is, I really enjoy BET at times and at others, my upbringing (not my skin color) limits me and I don't connect with the program. BET is every bit as good as Comedy central in my opinion, depending on what you're looking for and how well you can connect with the content.

Oh and I'd vote for the Chris Rock / Dave Chapelle ticket in any official election.
tounge.gif

lurk.gif
These threads are such a joy to read. Lets just all note how each of us is different than the other and then use those differences to divide us, what do you say, sounds like fun huh?

Kevin
We'll all just stay divided, conquered, and non-represented - just the way the politicos want us! They must really believe that they have us all so whipped and apologitec, that we wet ourselves on command.

director.gif

49% of the population in this country is male. That makes Lamb a minority! "white entertainment television" is on the air. It is hidden behind the country music that gets played around the clock. UUGGHH! country music Sucks. Lamb hates the steel guitar and the yodeling UUGGHH!

I am going to start a racist group against people who refer to themselves in the third person and people who quote Speedy Gonzales!

WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!?!
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

you know what i made my aunt read this she works in a correctional facility and she agrees you know what go home let us do it for ourselves

Ooh!  Now that one is just a little sensitive there t-fox.  While I won't make any comments on the Hispanic issue, I will make one on these words.  I wouldn't go as far as saying that Chris Rock is (in your words.. "you think") a racist.  He simply makes light of things that actually happens in our society.  No different than giving the statistics you gave earlier.  But at the same time, he sheds light on the fact that Black people can be just as insensitive and stupid as white folks.  You have to be able to walk in my (our) shoes to truly understand how I (we)feel.  I don't condone the race card pulling for every situation where minorities feel mistreated, but it does apply sometime.

And to make the statement that racism is having a black TV station is truly insensitive.  Think about this.  We are all different in our own cultures and to desire to have TV that is geared to our own kind is OK.  Funny thing though, is that BET was started by a black man, but was recently purchased by TimeWarner about three years ago.  Regardless of how you feel, minorities always have a solid place in American society as long as we can somehow generate profits for someone.  The only show about minorities that ever made a dramatic hit with ALL of America was The Cosby Show.  Fact is is that minority shows don't make it in the majors like NBC, CBS, ABC, and FOX.  So instead of turning on television each and every day and have no minority role models to look up to, someone decided to invest his money and starting a station to give minorities access to black-based TV.  You never heard the race card being played in that scenario.  And personally, I don't care for music videos and the like.  I truly believe that it's the videos and not the music that actually destroys the moral fiber of African-American society.  But guess what?
rock.gif

Now it's cool to have opinions, but just please don't bash me or disrespect me for mine.  Remember that I was brought up in the Deep South, so there is nothing you can tell me about racism or that it's getting better.  I'm just glad that I was raised to love everyone, no matter what skin color they are and what values they hold.  I don't bash people whom I feel that are racist because I feel that one day that they will have to ultimately answer to a higher power regarding their sins.  And since I'm in no spiritual and moral position to judge, I just simply accept people for who they are.  That's my word and it is bond, and I'm sticking to it.

Brian... Out!!
Your right Brian. I have never had to walk in anyones shoes but a white person.

And to be honest that is one of the first things that pops into my head when I think someone is throwing a race card out there.. kind of my own check and ballance.. I try to put myself in their shoes to determine if I think they have a legit gripe or not.

but common. I dont care who bought BET. My point is this.

If someone came out with a cable station and called it WET My (me) my first thought would be that is racists and probably started by skin heads or the KKK..

And I am sure any and all minorities would think the same thing.. There would be an outcry of racism, no one would sponsor the channel and it would die. as it should..

And your excuse for Chris Rock is he just makes light of things that actually happen in our society, kind of like statisicts.

But why is it when statistics come out showing that a certian ethinc group statisitcally is involved in a higher percentage of crimes, that is not considered statistics, that is considered prejudice..

Like I said.. I think Chris Rock is funny.. but if the tables were turned and it was a white guy up there talking crap about black people all the time, he would probably be dead, or at least out of a job..

But as you say Brian. I dont know what it is like. I dont know what it is to be discriminated against so maybe I should just not talk on the subject...

Sorry if I offended you...
No offense taken t-fox... seriously. I'm just glad that we can disagree on some things and not be violently disagreeable. You are still a great guy in my book t-fox.

Just wanted to make sure I didnt offend you...
biggrin.gif

I have respect for you and didnt want you to think I dont...

where is that big hug smiley?
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I am going to start a racist group against people who refer to themselves in the third person and people who quote Speedy Gonzales!

WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!?!
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
That's a great idea Julie, and just where do I sign up, oh wise one
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|busahaya
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148456366 -->

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

ANDELE, ANDALE EPA EPA
laugh.gif
ok, that isnt the first time you have said that!! what the heck does it mean!!!
I think it means Hurry, Hurry, the whole EPA, I have'nt the slightest clue
rock.gif
I do believe that is Speedy Gonzales' signature line in the Looney Tunes cartoons.

Spanish translation is something like: "up, up, away, away!"

Just my thoughts on it, at any rate.

Back