Immigration march in los angeles was a success!

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
It appears that the Immigration March in Los Angeles was a success!
According to data from the Los Angeles County Sheriff, Los Angeles
had a reduction in the following:
82% reduction - auto theft
28% reduction - murders/ violent crimes/ rapes
73% reduction - vandalism / tagging
54% reduction - drug related offenses (area outside the march)
31% reduction - domestic violence cases
64% reduction - misdemeanor cases (shop lifting, etc)
CHP Reported that today was a record low in the least amount of
traffic accidents on South CA freeways.
Looks like the immigration rally was well worth it.

biggrin.gif

This weekend, Caroline and I were riding around and I kept seeing wrecked cars (single or multi car accidents), broken down vehicles, or police cruisers with a car pulled over. It dawned on me after the 4th one, that they were all hispanic. So I started counting.

I saw ONE non-hispanic accident and ONE non-hispanic traffic stop all weekend... however, I saw 17 accidents that had either only hispanics involved or were the obvious offender (otherwise they didn't make the count), 6 cars that had broken down full of hispanics (and at least 5 people sitting outside the vehicle waiting on something to happen, I guess), and 8 traffic stops that had only hispanic occupants (any cars with mixed races didn't make the count). I couldn't help but ask "are they legal" as I spotted each scene.

tad racist aint it?
why is it when someone lays down stats and figures someone has to come out and call racist?

Racists is if you treat someone different because they are a different color than you.

But if you state something that is a fact such as what HT_USMC said, that isn't being racist, that is stating events that are factual

Don’t know if the original stats I posted are factual or not… it would not surprise me if they were. And it would not surprise me if they were just made it. still thought it was funny to post

As far as my original post. I have not bothered to verify the accuracy of it. I received it form somewhere and posted it.

If you want to talk racist, go watch a Chris Rock comedy show.  he is always slamming white people.. guess what? I am white and I think he is funny as shid, even though I don't think he likes white people.. whatever. I still think he is funny..

I wouldn't take my kids to one of his shows just because of the language.

If you want to talk racist, why is there a BET cable station (Black entertainment) but not a WET? Because it is ok for our society to have a television show geared towards black people.. and it is ok for television shows to be geared towards Hispanic people, but man.. if someone came out with a station that was noticeably geared towards white people only, shid would hit the fan.

Do I personally want stations geared towards just white? NO I DON’T.. I want stations to be color blind. I want this world to be colored blind..

And yes, sometimes the racist card needs to be dropped. But I think it is dropped WAY to often. Just as in this thread…

So anyway... what are you referring to as racist? my original post? or HT_USMC's post?

Second off, I don't think illegal immigrants have the right to protest the way they did, demanding rights.

The right to protest is a right that US Citizens have. Any and all illegal immigrants should have been arrested on the spot since they were not a US citizen they did not have a right to protest

I think it is a bunch of crap and if they want to become US citizens do it like everyone else has. as far as I am concerned they deserve a little slamming.. their protest was ridicules and I honestly think in the end it will have proven to have done illegal immigrants more harm than good..

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148321445 -->

Great now round up and send them home so LA will be nice to visit again!
laugh.gif
only for about a week- then everybody's grass is gonna look like poop, half the resturants will close, nobody will be able to get Valet, and car dealerships will be backed up with half their mechanics missing!

Sales of Cuervo, Corona, and tacos will plummet; grocery stores will be overrun with surplus of refried beans and rice- hope everybody's hungry...and thirsty
tounge.gif

j/k to all-not knocking Latinos here...just the ones in LA (thbbpppttt
tounge.gif
)

tounge.gif

"Don’t know if the original stats I posted are factual or not… it would not surprise me if they were. And it would not surprise me if they were just made it. still thought it was funny to post

As far as my original post. I have not bothered to verify the accuracy of it. I received it form somewhere and posted it."

Then you asked for those comments didn't you?

This weekend, Caroline and I were riding around and I kept seeing wrecked cars (single or multi car accidents), broken down vehicles, or police cruisers with a car pulled over.  It dawned on me after the 4th one, that they were all hispanic.  So I started counting.

I saw ONE non-hispanic accident and ONE non-hispanic traffic stop all weekend... however, I saw 17 accidents that had either only hispanics involved or were the obvious offender (otherwise they didn't make the count), 6 cars that had broken down full of hispanics (and at least 5 people sitting outside the vehicle waiting on something to happen, I guess), and 8 traffic stops that had only hispanic occupants (any cars with mixed races didn't make the count).  I couldn't help but ask "are they legal" as I spotted each scene.
I had a mini van with a mexican family in it run off the road and flip three times right in front of me. Bodies everywhere. Van crushed and in flames. Truck drivers running to help, me included. Calling 9-1-1 and telling the dispatcher to send medics, fire and eventually the coroner.

We pulled the father (Ramon), son (Juan)and grandmother (Antonia) away from the advancing flames more than once. We pilfered fire extinguishers from anyone who had them and for hopefully the only time in my life, I knew what my father felt everyday doing his job when he was a firefighter. The mother (Hilda) and nephew (Brian) were helped by motorists to the other side of the freeway away from the flames. The aunt (Veronica) burned to death before I could get to her. In all the chaos and Ramon yelling "Somebody please help my son!", she had been forgotten. Grandma died from her injuries despite our CPR efforts. None of them were wearing their seatbelts either, except the 3 1/2 yr old nephew who was  strapped into a car seat!

Of all of the rescuers, truck drivers, motorists that stopped to help...NOT ONE WAS MEXICAN/HISPANIC......ALL were white. Only one of the passengers of the van, the father who was driving, spoke any english. Then there was the phone handed to me by a woman and the voice on the other end of the line was Greg, Veronicas husband and father of little Brian. I kept him busy with questins so he didn't have time to ask me how his wife was. I figured it better he find out at the hospital with his family around than from a total stranger over a cell phone.

I spent an hour sitting in the tub when I got home with water running on me looking at my arms where the flames had come so close to touching them while reaching for Veronica, and thinking of the events of the day. I still can't get the thought of watching her burn alive with the elderly man in the green shirt (never found out his name) next to me crying as he was telling the cop "We just couldn't get to her, the flames....the flames....".

So much for looking forward to getting home....the drive was really dragging alone before the accident happened. For the next 5 hours all I could do was hold the wheel, stare at the advancing road and review the tape in my mind of what had just happened. I couldn't cry, afterall I had seen this type of thing before as a sheriff's deputy. Death was nothing new to me, but somehow being a witness to it all in a civilian or personal capacity just seemed to hit home harder how fragile life is.

Did it ever occur to us while all of this was going down that we were all white people helping a van load of possible illegal aliens? No. I know this because I saw the sweet woman who held little shocked Brian for the entire time on her lap and tried to make him drink water and hide him from the view of his mother being BBQ'd right in front of him. I know this because it never entered my mind or the minds of the others to not help even for a second. I know this because the one Knight truck driver who refused to give up his fire extinguisher infuriated me to no end! There was no prejudice that day, no color.

I witnessed not only the emmense compassion of total strangers, teamwork of people who had nothing in common except for the dust cloud they had just witnessed and recognized as pure emergency, but also my own personal strength that day which I believe was my father working through me and telling me what to do. But there were still things missed, mistakes made and a little boys mother forgotten in all the chaos.

But yes, after the dust settled, the helicopters had carried Juan, Hilda, Brain and Ramon off to the hospital and I was back in my air conditioned Freightliner wiping my dirty face and red arms with baby wipes, I did wonder, for a moment, how many accidents and how much money is spent every day or every year on accidents involving ilegals. The sum must be staggering.

Make of that what you will....

<!--EDIT|Nijinsky3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148323346 -->

on that BET note, i saw something i thought was just plain hilarious.....when they air their movie of the week, instead of calling it a blockbuster, they refer to it as a "Black Buster" movie....one where the whole cast is black. as soon as saw it, i couldn't help but to burst out laughing from how retardidly stupid that sounds
biggrin.gif
 and it does make you wonder what would happen if there were a WET channel or white history month
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|psycobusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148323584 -->

on that BET note, i saw something i thought was just plain hilarious.....when they air their movie of the week, instead of calling it a blockbuster, they refer to it as a "Black Buster" movie....one where the whole cast is black. as soon as saw it, i couldn't help but to burst out laughing from how retardidly stupid that sounds
biggrin.gif
 and it does make you wonder what would happen if there were a WET channel or white history month
rock.gif
more protests....

Back