Im this close !!  To buying a bus

gsteve

Registered
The peer pressure is getting heavy. I had a 1100 gpz when i was 22 and nothing since. Everytime I didnt buy the biggest and the best I was pissed. My buddy has a zx12-r and of course wants me to buy one og those. But i like to have different stuff from my buds. Ive found a minty 2002 polished everything , totally stock. 9800 can.
Know I know Im in the busa site.... but he claims he has never been beat by a busa. Every test Ive seen they are real close. What are they like in real world driving. His has akkkro pipes pc and geared dwn. What should I do to make it close. Im thinkin a gear dwn would be wise. Im not interested in doing 200 mph. thanx guys sj

gsteve: i might know your buddy with the 12R and akro pipe... (did he just swap out a slip on recently from another manufacturer??). get the 'busa, you won't be disappointed. in my opinion, suzuki's are a better bike than Kawi's, generally, but i MAY be biased!

Fuc& the 12!!! j/k. But seriously if you click, click, click right you will blow the tank off the 12!!!
laugh.gif

Welcome gsteve, the Busa & 12 are so close in performance that it's going to come down to who's the better rider and who has the most significant modifications.  He's got enough done to beat a stock busa (pending their and his riding skills), however get a busa drop it to 16T, exhaust and power commander and then you got a different ball game. Fact of the matter is you want as much down low as possible, because you'll almost never find a stretch of road long enough to challenge each other's top end.  Good luck and again welcome.  Keep us posted.

God bless,
BD

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084844670 -->

Also would he honestly admit he'd been whupped by a Busa? First of all the Kawi is just that a Kawi (piss poor rep for being built like a friggin harley...may as well get a buell
tounge.gif
) secondly I sat on one and it sits way to friggin high for me man, couldn't imagine cruising at 160 that friggin high in the air, may as well get a jet! My .02.

BD

Sounds like you may know him haywood , he had a D+D on. Thanks for the replies guys. Ive been thinkin about buying something for a while. Im not gettin younger... 43.. and would love doing the runs with the guys. I have a concern about the health of my liscence and had a bud put in a wchair after a slow speed crash. That really made me hesitate. Whats the best exhaust and is the PC3 needed? sj

I had to look twice to see if I was going blind... another saskie! wow! congrats on the bike. welcome, even though I don't post here much ( need to ride as much as I can now that the snow is gone) I'll still welcome ya!
biggrin.gif

You've got to sit on them first....................see them both firsthand..................don't let your friend dictate what you should buy!!!!! Try his out and then see if somebody will loan you their busa............make an informed decision!!!! Good luck!!!
(subliminal advertisement)
busa
busa
busa
busa
busa
busa
busa
busa
busa
busa
busa
busa
busa
busa
busa
busa
busa
busa
busa

cool.gif
laugh.gif

Busa.....comfort...effortless power......torque! Get the Busa!

Welcome to the board!!

Dan

The Busa stands out and gets recognized... the 12R tends to get lost in the crowd... The performance difference's are miniscule though, it really does all come down to the rider. With a full sytem, gearing and a PC though it's going to be tight. Do the same to yours then at least play on equal ground, make damn sure you get the holeshot. The Busa has a stronger mid and low range but the kawi has a better top end hit, so if you do not get a decent leave on him, you will have work to do to get around him... The Busa IMO is a far more comfortable ride, your much more "Down In IT" than on the 12 and for me that was the final straw. The 12R is fast no doubt, but in the world I feel the Busa is trully a better all around, do it all bike.

However, if your buddy has a 12R, getting another 12R would be a bonus when it comes to maintenance and modifications parts commonality and all taken into consideration... Both are killer Bikes, but I do really think the Busa is better all around, and nothing attracts attention like a Busa, especially from the ladies... Chicks dig the Busa...
wink.gif

Welcome, gsteve! Just had a couple guys look over my shoulder and say they were afraid of the 'Busa! Too much power for them, but a damn fine lookin' bike! Remember, it's all in the wrist and I wouldn't trade mine for anything!

Get what you like best. If possible, take both bikes for a spin to see which is more comfortable for you. I think you'll find that the Busa is the best. Good luck.

gsteve... say hi to sean for me!
laugh.gif
he's got a nice bike, to be sure, and the man can ride.. whatever you get, ride it out here for some fun! sean's got my #.

You will definitely be recognized (or idolized) on a Busa. I have people almost falling outta cars staring so hard when I drive by them. It is funny to see their reactions. It has a look all its own. Hayabusa is the best. You will enjoy it thoroughly. Welcome to the board.

Back