Buying a Busa soon...  VIN Numbers? Advice?

drfbusa

Registered
Im about to pull the trigger on a 2002 model. Im lusting for a 03 Bronze, but cant find one for less than $7000 anywhere between DC and Miami that is clean and un-abused.

In the For Sale section of the board, the VIN must be listed. Why is that? Ive bought bikes before and matched the VIN plate with the head tube and the Title. Is there something more to checking VINs that I need to know about re Busas?

Is the VIN on the head tube on a Busa? How can I check if it has a faring? Is there a motorcycle CARFAX equivalent that I dont know about? Why does the VIN matter on this site?

Lastly, any thoughts or advise on buying a used busa? Im looking to use this bike as a sport touring complement to my ZRX. I like the idea of sport touring on a bike that has wind protection and is tame/unlabored at legal highway speeds. Ive looked at the new Connie and like it alot, but used fits my pocket book better.

Thanks in advance.

In the For Sale section of the board, the VIN must be listed. Why is that?[/Quote]

That way it makes it easier for the scammers to put a stolen pic with the stolen VIN's aquired from these sites, to sell bikes on e-bay and craigs list.

Most adults are smart enough to not buy a stolen bike, but most is the key word here.

If your going used take someone with you who owns one and can ride it, or take it to a dealer and have them check it out. With the minor exception of the trans, the bike is fairly ironclad. Maintenace is the big thing to pay attention to. Gears,chains,oil changes,ect... Good Luck and happy hunting. And aroud 6 to 8k is about what your going to pay for any year in good condition.

Back