I'm thinking about painting O-ren this weekend..

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
now i just need the nads to actually proceed.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Remember that with any paint job its the prep work that makes the difference.

Yeah, what kinda scheme and/or color you're thinkin' 'bout?
rock.gif
Don't just start a thread like that. It's really senseless and pointless.
biggrin.gif

Hey Junkster...
biggrin.gif
do a House of Color paint. I had a hard time deciding between the candy-apple red and the candy blue. Man, the candy blue is awesome.
brave.gif
poke.gif

(Justyntym @ Apr. 06 2007,07:51) What colors or scheme?
et al: I'm looking at Dupli-Colors "Mirage Kit" which is a three step process..basically it's a Black Base Coat followed with an "Effects Mid-Coat" and then a "Clear Coat"...which ends up looking like a Chameleon Pearlescence Black...then?..I'm thinking of stenciling out a HUGE heavy metalflake silver Kanji (On both side fairing panels) which will be bordered with a blood red chrome fade into the black mirage base....then add some silver metalflake and red tribal flame work in an attempt to just come close to the same motiff on my shoei x-11 lid...not exact...but as close as i can get with blow cans and maybe a pinstripe whip for silver bordering....like so...

shoei2.jpg

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(BigBSBusa @ Apr. 06 2007,06:25) Remember that with any paint job its the prep work that makes the difference.
yeah..i figure all the real work "that means the most" will come in right up front...filler/primer and prep...and research..such as reading that duplicolor also markets a blowcan of special "Adhesion Promoter" especially for spraying plastics that they advise to spray on first.

I have no clue what i'm doing here as i've not done much painting..not of this caliber..and i'm taking pause to violate my factory original paint by risking lumping it up due to lack of skills..but i'm mulling it over..i'm in a dangerous place here...i hate it when i'm tempted to tackle shid i've never done before.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Awwwwww hell yeah Jinkster. That would be off-da-chain... GO FOR IT!!!
super.gif

big coco nuts bill, that theme is labor intensive.

make sure the temperature where you're spraying is correct for the paint.

(nitrousjunkie @ Apr. 07 2007,03:41) Let a pro do it Bill.
+1.  Let Revolution do it. If you want to do some painting, start small and work your way up to a big project like this one.

Spray bombs?
rock.gif
??
SHOCKED.gif
The first time you dribble some gas on it it going to be ruined

awww shid fellers...here i got myself all excited thinking that since O-Ren does have a few scratches and since i already have most of the fairing off from my valve adjustment?..that maybe NOW would be a good time to go ahead and pull the nose and tail as well and brave my way into the muddles of blowing my own paint...but?..even Revolution has PM'ed me several times warning and looking out for me and my foolhardy thoughts..and now Dennis, NJ and Tinbender all advise against it as well...and i'm beginning to think ya'll are right...and i'd cry if i lumped the job up..big time.
laugh.gif

So?..i guess it's a no go...besides..after O-Ren being left in a dis-assembled condition for nigh on two weeks now?..i'm itch'in ta ride!
biggrin.gif
Think i'll just take the good advice and slap'er back together and head on out!
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

I agree with the majority. But if you must, find a piece of fairing somewhere and test your mad skills on that!

ahhh..i'm just slapping'er back together and go riding this weekend..but?..I did just notice that i have a set of clear alternatives front turn signals & flasher unit buried under some dust in my bedroom that i recieved about 8 months ago and never installed..so?..i guess i'll pop them in to help ward off my mod bug!...he11...i might even install that new woodcraft stator cover i got still lay'in in it's box.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back