im scared right now

Im always strong on the outside... im the family rock, the only one who can handle anything without breaking down...so i used to this but im YELLING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS on the inside.

I know you need to stay strong for your wife, kids, but if you need to scream, you do it! Don't keep that shiz inside, it'll eat you up.. You let us know what you need, we're here. We are having the test done as well. Coming up soon I think. I'm pretty stressing about it just based on our age, but like you've mentioned it doesn't really matter to us. I'm gonna love them regardless. The test is more for preparedness. Both for you and for the doctors in our cases.. Just keep the thoughts positive, and the mojo flowin'... We're here for ya. Hang in there. :beerchug:

Wow hopefully it turns out to be wrong. Just stay strong man. If you need anything just let us know. My bike is here for ya if you need a ride.

LC - My youngest was born when my wife was in her mid 40's. We had no idea what the sex was, nor did we know if she would have any complications. We only knew she would be OUR child and we would raise her as best we could. We were given the same odds. 15 yrs later, she is everything that a dad could hope for and am sure that 15 yrs from now you will say the same, no matter what!
You will be amazed at the power of parenthood when given the task!
Prayers to you and the wife!
Be strong! Be safe! And have faith!
Bubba

Sorry to hear this brotha !! Stay as strong as possible for your family and let me know if there is anything that me or the wife can do...!!! Prayers and happy thoughts coming your way brotha....:beerchug:

Sorry to hear about this, just hope everything turns out ok for all of you.

All my best wishes sent your way for you and all your family.

Dude....shhh....still your heart my friend. We all know God is never then when we call him, but most assuredly,always there when we need him.

You have been given a gift, the gift of life, and you will treasure this gift beyond all others. You have already stood up to defend your child by proclaiming you will love them regardless, fear has no place here.

Whether your child is born with gifts or not is irrelevant...yes I said gifts my friend, the miraculous capacity children have to bring love, understanding, joy, and togetherness is quite frankly one of life's greatest gifts.

I think the most beautifull thing here....and the ONE thing we shouldn't ignore, but foucs on, is that your child has just said to you..."daddy, I may need more of you", and daddy has responded " I know and it's ok, I am here to give it"

Let the fear go...there's no place for it here...

I hope you can feel the hugs and strength were sending you, although you have plenty of the second...

Angel

Hang in there! There's a grand plan and the man won't let you down! Be there for your woman and hold her tight!! Saying a prayer for you guys!!

UPDATE:

So we finely have a date set for the genetic testing …June 4th. It sucks that we have to wait so long, that means that it will be something in the 3rd week of June before we get the results. We are also scheduled for an Ultra Sound and genetic counseling, all taking place on the same day. The reason we have to wait is because of how far along she is in the gestational process. My wife will be 15 weeks as of tomorrow (every Saturday trips a new week). There are two types of tests that can be preformed to check the genomes. The 1st is called the Chorionic Villus Sampling test (CVS). The CVS is where they take a physical sample of the placenta and test that but this test is only done between the 11th and 14th week. Doctors do this test when there is not enough amniotic fluid present. The second test is the Amniocentesis, where that take a sample of the amniotic fluid from the sac surrounding the baby. Doctors only do this test between weeks 16-18.

That means that no test can be preformed from week 13 and 1 day to week 15 and 6 days and that is where we sit right now at week 14 and 6 days. Since my wife starts her new weeks on Saturdays that means the soonest she could be tested would be the following Monday…which happens to by Memorial day. Counter that with the fact that the doc is on vacation until the 30th and that means we have to wait until my wife is 17 weeks and 2 days….June 4th. Then it takes two weeks to even get the results. I was really hoping that we could have had the test by today or early next week……

I've been praying for you and keeping you in mind. It's easy for me to tell you not to worry about it but I am sure it is all that is on your mind. Best wishes to you brother

A lot of times those tests come back off because something got mixed in.If she is under 40, DS is not that likely to happen but always a possibility.When we had the twins, we were told one was viable and the other was soo small that it wouldnt make it and look, 4 years later both girls are a live and kicking, healthy as can be.My one twin is a lot smaller but she is normal.Prayers sent.Keep your head up.

Back