I'm old. So maybe I just don't know where to look.

In humor, I will agree. Took this little video over the weekend, of two little finches who nest every year on my front porch. You can see it start with the man building the nest, his tail bobbing around, and then it goes down to the result where the woman has destroyed it twice, as it was not to her satisfaction. So this is now his third attempt of building her a new home which she just destroys with no appreciation, until eventually he succeeds. Tough life for a man.

Seriously, I think it is much harder though to be a woman. Up to seven days a month with something uncomfortable happening with their bodies, carrying and giving birth, the motherly instinct of raising children and how all of that affects their career.
I don't know about harder but it's hard and in a way most men couldn't tolerate. So who is stronger? I would say being a male is much easier. But being a man is just as difficult.

My personal tendency in conversation is to respond in a gender appropriate “Yes sir.” or “Yes ma’am.” To both my seniors and juniors. I have lately become aware that, what I intended to be respectful, is sometimes inappropriate. Change is hard.

My personal tendency in conversation is to respond in a gender appropriate “Yes sir.” or “Yes ma’am.” To both my seniors and juniors. I have lately become aware that, what I intended to be respectful, is sometimes inappropriate. Change is hard.
I'll admit it has become hard to know the gender sometimes. And I got chastised for calling a female a sir. I was attempting to be courteous as I generally would.

She went off on me. I apologized but I also held my ground. I said I'm sorry, I thought you were a male.

If the truth offended her, that's not my problem.

I'll admit it has become hard to know the gender sometimes. And I got chastised for calling a female a sir. I was attempting to be courteous as I generally would.

She went off on me. I apologized but I also held my ground. I said I'm sorry, I thought you were a male.

A friend of mine went off on a person identifying as one gender but presenting as another and he told this person that if they wanted to be identified as a certain gender that they had better look like it so they don't confuse the rest of us....

Humans are for the most part are visual animals-we have pretty advanced optics and we believe what we see. People such as you describe are doing more to divide us and there is already enough division out there to begin with...it will come to a point (if the pendulum doesn't swing at least to neutral) that people will cease to acknowledge anyone outside their circle....and who knows where this will lead to....

There is a trans person who works at our local Home Depot as a lot associate and every time I need to exchange propane this person is generally the one that does it....this person is clearly a male but wears female make up and clothing....I am quiet courteous when dealing with this person...I don't address them as I would others....and I have never made the mistake of calling them any gender identifiers...

Hi. Back in the late 70's we rebuild totated cars. I had a stolen 240Z on the ramp truck. I was taking to have MA assinged numbers put on it to rebellion it. It was recoverrd in RI stolen in MA. A female state police office stoped me to check things out.I knew that she was a she, but I said yes Sir. Well she got made so she gave me a hard time found nothing wrong, gave me all the paper work back. So I said thank you Sir again. She went off the wall, so I said the hat the gun you look like a guy.

I sympathize with transgender people but yes it can be confusing and awkward. I try to leave pronouns out if not sure but it feels unfriendly.

You didn't have to reply "whatup" or "how's it going, homie", you could have just said hello, but you didn't have to make the smart aleck remark about his piercings.
If someone has no control over their looks due to health or medical issues then sure be polite and respectful and say nothin' disrespectful of course. But, if someone is overtly and intentionally making themselves look wildly different modifying their bodies, then cool for them; but they must remember that they are attracting attention to themselves -- and they know it too. And unfortunately in this world, some reactions may be inevitable. It's a choice they make and the world responds. That's the reality of it. PC leftism won't fight the next war to protect your precious daily lifestyle of hugs and sex changes. If there's another military conscription for the next war, I hope you put up your hand to fight in order to protect your way of life.

Anyhow, at some point in your life you were probably grinding someone's front porch railing on a skateboard doin' frontside 180's followed by kickflips with your fully rad spray paint can :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
And unfortunately in this world, some reactions may be inevitable. It's a choice they make and the world responds.
Yes the one thing everyone of us can control. How we respond. Treat people with respect until they show you to do otherwise. Appearance has nothing to do with it.

Anyhow, at some point in your life you were probably grinding someone's front porch railing on a skateboard doin' frontside 180's followed by kickflips with your fully rad spray paint can :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I looked like one of the Fab Four practicing wheelies on my Stingray. Trouble? Why look for trouble? :shocked:

Back