I'm old. So maybe I just don't know where to look.

TallTom

Registered
Lately I've noticed something that's made me curious. And I'm not going to ask the person(s). I feel out of touch. Lately I see a lot of males that have painted fingernails. I've even seen actors that are hetero do it. Johnny Depp being a recent example of it.

I googled it and black is supposed to signify masculinity and strength. I thought looking like masculine man was supposed to take care of that.

But there seems to be a lot of talking around it in these Internet searches. They don't say masculine gay, they just say masculine.

In some men it's obvious thier sexual orientation. The nails just go further that direction. But other times there is no other outward mannerisms or looks that would make me think it's an expression of sexual orientation.

I don't care of their sexual orientation. I just want to be sensitive if it has other meanings. I know more than one gay male that I know don't paint their nails.

Last week I stopped at a truck stop and the store attendant who was obviously a gay male had nails as manicured as any females. And just as long. He looked to be in his 50s.

Today, the pharmacist that filled my prescription had painted nails. Did not strike me as gay. Looks to be in his 30s.

Within the past yearish I've seen it. Never recalled seeing it before.

And no one has been problematic to me. I just feel like I might be out of touch. It could be a political statement or etc. I'm not judging, I'm just trying to keep up.

Lines are getting blurred more and more nowadays.

Lately I've noticed something that's made me curious. And I'm not going to ask the person(s). I feel out of touch. Lately I see a lot of males that have painted fingernails. I've even seen actors that are hetero do it. Johnny Depp being a recent example of it.

I googled it and black is supposed to signify masculinity and strength. I thought looking like masculine man was supposed to take care of that.

But there seems to be a lot of talking around it in these Internet searches. They don't say masculine gay, they just say masculine.

In some men it's obvious thier sexual orientation. The nails just go further that direction. But other times there is no other outward mannerisms or looks that would make me think it's an expression of sexual orientation.

I don't care of their sexual orientation. I just want to be sensitive if it has other meanings. I know more than one gay male that I know don't paint their nails.

Last week I stopped at a truck stop and the store attendant who was obviously a gay male had nails as manicured as any females. And just as long. He looked to be in his 50s.

Today, the pharmacist that filled my prescription had painted nails. Did not strike me as gay. Looks to be in his 30s.

And no one has been problematic to me. I just feel like I might be out of touch. It could be a political statement or etc. I'm not judging, I'm just trying to keep up.

There is some sort of a trend to de-masculinize males in society these days.....

But I thought only goth or punk rockers had painted nails as a way to "put it to the man" I'd say.

Same sort of men probably go to a hair salon instead of a barber....

There is some sort of a trend to de-masculinize males in society these days.....

But I thought only goth or punk rockers had painted nails as a way to "put it to the man" I'd say.

Same sort of men probably go to a hair salon instead of a barber....
My lady friend says the same thing. A conscious effort to emasculate men in general. Not as a specific to this. I knew this was a leftist thing in recent years. But this would mean that men are also supporting this ideal of themselves. Why would they want to emasculate themselves to make a political statement? Wouldn't a male want to counteract any attempts to do that?

My lady friend says the same thing. A conscious effort to emasculate men in general. Not as a specific to this. I knew this was a leftist thing in recent years. But this would mean that men are also supporting this ideal of themselves. Why would they want to emasculate themselves to make a political statement? Wouldn't a male want to counteract any attempts to do that?
Some of these people never leave their parents basement unless they have to......

And take a look at the working man-if I see a male mechanic working on my truck, or digging a ditch for a construction crew I'd be more worried....

A Pharmacist isn't childs play to obtain. They would have no need to suck the tests of their parents into their 30s.
I call these people "in door dogs" they don't have to do manual labor....I definitely don't lump these people in with professional services like carpenters, plumbers, electricians or heavy equipment operators...

It took a lot of time to train our special operators but if one of my male team members showed up with black finger nails, he had better have gotten them from hitting them with a hammer....

‘They’ want our males to be castrated and subservient. Do not want Alphas saying NO or being willing to resist. It’ll make the Chinese landings go easier.
"Chinese landings?" Where would that be?

It'd take a whole lot more ground forces then the Chinese have to attempt to occupy the US....the entire Chinese military couldn't even hope to capture and occupy a city in the US unless they blow it to pieces first..

Like most things in life the young or young at heart just want to be different than the old. The way they express it is irrelevant. Just has to be visually recognizable. For example you immediately recognized the painted nails, hence separating that individual from others. Just forms of expression. Sadly they just want to be recognized as unique or to separate themselves from the older establishment. Birds of a feather flock together eh. Used to be heavy metal and punk rock. Now...... well it's all there to see. So old ways vs new. Same old same old, just wearing a different dress lol. When these people get old having painted nails is what old people do, the young will rebel against them and take some other form of visual expression to stick it to the man lol. It's always been about shock and awe.

A Pharmacist isn't childs play to obtain. They would have no need to suck the tests of their parents into their 30s.
On my street there must be 6 adult children living in their parents basement...all of them have fancy vehicles and lots of toys (side by sides, jet skis, etc). In many cases the parents are looking forward to them moving out...

Like most things in life the young or young at heart just want to be different than the old. The way they express it is irrelevant. Just has to be visually recognizable. For example you immediately recognized the painted nails, hence separating that individual from others. Just forms of expression. Sadly they just want to be recognized as unique or to separate themselves from the older establishment. Birds of a feather flock together eh. Used to be heavy metal and punk rock. Now...... well it's all there to see. So old ways vs new. Same old same old, just wearing a different dress lol. When these people get old having painted nails is what old people do, the young will rebel against them and take some other form of visual expression to stick it to the man lol. It's always been about shock and awe.
So it's like the purple hair and the metal in thief faces. Just an anti conformist look at me statement?

We have to watch generalizing. All straight, gay, artistic, alpha, liberal or conservative people are not the same. Different interests, hobbies and passions. With different reasons. My good friend's granddaughter painted my fingernails with a set she got for Christmas and I proudly wore the colors until they wore off. Basing character or even forming secret opinions of someone, based on, regardless of gender, a degree of masculinity or femininity, or appearance or leanings in politics or religion, is what needs to pass, as it's an effective way of missing out on a potential lifelong friend.

We have to watch generalizing. All straight, gay, artistic, alpha, liberal or conservative people are not the same. Different interests, hobbies and passions. With different reasons. My good friend's granddaughter painted my fingernails with a set she got for Christmas and I proudly wore the colors until they wore off. Basing character or even forming secret opinions of someone, based on, regardless of gender, a degree of masculinity or femininity, or appearance or leanings in politics or religion, is what needs to pass, as it's an effective way of missing out on a potential lifelong friend.
I have 5 granddaughters all of which attempted to paint my fingernails at one time or another with zero luck...I love those little girls but there is no way in anything holy they were going to paint my fingernails and I told them as much.....

On my street there must be 6 adult children living in their parents basement...all of them have fancy vehicles and lots of toys (side by sides, jet skis, etc). In many cases the parents are looking forward to them moving out...
Yep. I have a neighbor family that I don't know personally. Just know of them. And in my neighborhood it's very normal to see Rovers, Big boats etc. This house has 2 nice boats, and impressive Porsche GT3 fully sorted out. Same male always driving it. With a license plate "NOWIFE".

So I think divorce atty etc. Just someone doing well. I was talking to another neighbor about his old 911 Turbo he had restored and it was a show circuit baby. Asked him about our neighbor with the GT3. His response. He lives with mommy and daddy. So he can afford it.

Turns out both he and his brother still live at home. All the toys belong to them.

The GT3 recently got replaced with a GT4 just this year. I no longer wish to know anything about that family.

Last edited:
Yep. I have a neighbor family that I don't know personally. Just know if them. And in my neighborhood it's very normal to see Rovers, Big boats etc. This house has 2 nice boats, and impressive Porsche GT3 fully sorted out. Same male always driving it. With a license plate "NOWIFE".

So I think divorce atty etc. Just someone doing well. I was talking to another neighbor about his old 911 Turbo he had restored and it was a show circuit baby. Asked him about our neighbor with the GT3. His response. He lives with mommy and daddy. So he can afford it.

Turns out both he and his brother still live at home. All the toys belong to them.

The GT3 recently got replaced with a GT4 just this year. I no longer wish to know anything about that family.
I note the adult children living at home in my neighborhood never cut the lawn or shovel snow....I rarely see them other than when they drive by...

.....and all their parents complain about these things to me....but never act on them with their kids...

Pretty much. This too will pass and become old fuddy duddy wear lol.
For all I knew it could have signified an abuse survivor or some other noteworthy thing. Like breast cancer awareness month. You wear pink. Or the stuffed animal on a motorcycle. They are in recognition.

This is why I was asking. I wanted to engage them in a positive way if it's a say cancer survivor type thing.

I can ignore anti conformist or political clothing. Their purpose is to be looked at and to stick out. I will do just the opposite for those.

For all I knew it could have signified an abuse survivor or some other noteworthy thing. Like breast cancer awareness month. You wear pink. Or the stuffed animal on a motorcycle. They are in recognition.

This is why I was asking. I wanted to engage them in a positive way if it's a say cancer survivor type thing.

I can ignore anti conformist or political clothing. Their purpose is to be looked at and to stick out. I will do just the opposite for those.
Well there can always be more of meaning. But that ends up being a subculture thing. Why not ask if there is a meaning next time you see it? Best way to know is to ask the person directly. Chances are they will just say cuz it's pretty or they just like that color.

Back