I'm off for a short Prison stay .

Another day in the books . Brought this old 1991 Notifier 500 back from the dead .
Also repaired the textile mill systems. Textile was a cool place to see in action.
A view of some things .

20200121_160024.jpg

20200121_160031.jpg

20200121_070632.jpg

20200121_065203.jpg

20200121_080949.jpg

20200121_154145.jpg

20200121_080953.jpg

20200121_080940.jpg

Day one . Was not bad , but slow . I quickly learned after first trip back to van it was best to leave anything not needed . Watch, wedding band , wallet , money . Worked with a inmate who is serving life who knows the systems , and buildings well .
Humbling experience .
This is a frustrating lesson but valuable for future sessions.

Staff shuns familiarity so last names are appropriate for them. No reason not to treat as equal whomever they allow to be in your space though. Any inmate allowed near you has passed the system‘s guidelines for behavior, whatever that entails. They’re already paying for their life style. Convicts and inmates aren’t the worry for the most part, the in & outers (tourists) as they’re called are the most trouble when it comes to civilian interaction.
Did this type of work a long time. There are people that just made a bad decision or just got caught wrong place right time what ever just need the chance to start over. Main thing is no personal information should ever be talked about & that starts with a name Last names in jail only, first or last in your case but never both inmates have nothing but time. This is to protect not you but your family as they can make a phone call & have used Facebook & other methods to research you, family, address, habits, likes etc. The game is to befriend or act as they are helping you out then ask for a minor infraction simple as mailing a letter then flip using any information against you in hopes of further manipulation; they call those who fall into this scam a DUCK! can't believe they let you take pictures though that is a breach big No no. So trust no one & know that any conversation you have can be relayed on the other side of the prison within a half hour as people inmate or staff move from area to area no joke!!!! Nothing is private & inmates have nothing better to do than study people it's entertainment to them & they call it REC. like live tv.

Today another back from the dead . This 1993 is some date we can best find in drawings. I'll have to say thanks to the old school techs who tought me this stuff in 1997 into the early 2000's . Today's current crop of fire alarm installers who not even know where to begin on a 64 zone conventional fire panel. I had a ground fault, power faults, and bypassed wiring.

20200129_123626.jpg

20200129_123617.jpg

20200129_113414.jpg

20200129_113421.jpg

20200129_104848.jpg

20200129_130451.jpg

20200129_113408.jpg

20200129_104304.jpg

Yesterday I was feed in the ODR ( officers dinning room ) The art from a inmate in there is off the charts on sports from the 60's to current . Fish , and beans yesterday . it was ok , but the prize was above . The team can not dine in there as they are inmates , but they get to hang in the back of the ODR kitchen while we ate . Allen was set up with a few pieces of cake for him. I said man that looks good when we were passing through the kitchen area. Well the kitchen inmates threw me a piece wrapped up . Just got around to it this evening for desert.
Darn good it was :) .

The guys ( free world craftsman) in maintenance told me it was ok for me to bring in coffee / tacos . Well if you ever wanted to see something that brings a tear to a grown mans eye you just hand out tacos , and real coffee to guys who have not had that in as much as 23 years . Before anyone says anything there people too , and its not my job to judge them . This job is a big reminder of my youth when I hit the system , but was given a chance at a special program to turn my life around . Took it , and ran with it 30 years ago .

I never ask what the inmates are in for as I would rather just treat them as to what interactions we have. Number one rule is "Approach dictates Response".
Jack I have never hear this term before could you define it for me please ?

Approach dictates Response

Basically if they come at you like an azzhole they get that in return, if they come to you with respect then that is how I treat them in return.
I believe that statement holds true for just about anyone in any situation.

We used the term "threat posture" quite a bit when dealing with people, we'd adjust our threat posture as to how someone would present themselves by action and attitude.

Back