I'm not going anywhere!!!!

Okibusa

Donating Member
Registered
After I had just about given up, I made one last phone call to Suzuki USA. I was talking to this lady and she said that there was nothing she could do for me. So I asked to speak with her supervisor. He was on vacation but she was kind enough to write down my E-mail address and a message. This happened last Wednesday. The supervisor returned from vacation and walked into his office to check his messages. He then immediately responded to my message with a certification letter this past Saturday. How about that!

I got my letter and I can keep my 'Busa!!! Apparently, this is the only guy in the world that knows about this and can write a certification letter.

I stopped by the bike shop where my bike is being serviced and I told my mechanic to ride it from there to the paint shop. This Friday I will be talking with the painter about my new design and paint scheme. Yall just don’t know how happy I am right now. I will be a lot happier in a few months when I get to ride her again.

What was the problem? You needed a certification letter for what? No I'm not blond, just don't understand what you was giving up on!

I needed a "certification" letter that stated that my Canadian specification 'Busa would meet or could meet U.S. specifications with modifications (if necessary).

Some bikes need major modification to be imported into the U.S. My Canadian spec bike only needs two minor modifications 1) speedometer need to read in MPH and 2) the headlight need a DOT light bulb.

That's all there is to it.

Awesome news!!! Congrats!
beerchug.gif

Glad to hear it - hate to see people and thier scoots separated....

Yea, I was tripin' for a minute. But, all is well now and, I will hold on to this letter with the POC in case someone in the future falls into the same predicament.

that's good to hear
beerchug.gif
however, it is kind of ironic considering a lot of us have taken US approved bikes and modified them so they no longer fit within the guidelines

(semi @ Feb. 13 2007,10:07) that's good to hear
beerchug.gif
however, it is kind of ironic considering a lot of us have taken US approved bikes and modified them so they no longer fit within the guidelines
The sad thing is... ANY mod in VA is considered illegal.

By law that's true in SC too, but I doubt you'll hear about any tickets along that line.

What's humorous to me is the headlight. Because mine is shid from the factory and after twisting the mechanics arm to adjust up it's still terrible.
laugh.gif

Oki,  Do you need any US spec gauges?  I'm sure I or someone else here could locate a set for you.

GM, thanks for the offer, I appreciate the help. But, I took care of that over one year ago. All it took was a $70.00 set of indiglo gauges which read in MPH and I was set!

Cool, i wanted to help make the transition to the US alittle easier.

(dadofthree @ Feb. 13 2007,08:26) By law that's true in SC too, but I doubt you'll hear about any tickets along that line.

What's humorous to me is the headlight. Because mine is shid from the factory and after twisting the mechanics arm to adjust up it's still terrible.  
laugh.gif
I had a hard time seeing at night on my busa too. I spent $20 at Autozone and purchased a Sylvania Silverstar bulb. It is the best money I have spent on my bike period. Not as good as HID, but 100% better than stock.

Back