I bought my Busa brand new

billbell

Jap is where it's at!
Donating Member
Registered
I bought my Busa a little over a month ago. I got a letter from the dealer yesterday. They said thank you for the business and gave me a $10 gift certificate toward service or repairs....LOL...I spend 11K there and get this in return. They said they would give another $25 for referring someone else to there store. I think I should have got a little bit bigger thank you from them.

More than what I got... heh But hey, if they have good service, that is what is most important to me.

Welcome to wonderfully S#$ty world of Motorcycle dealers. You very rarely hear good things about motorcycle dealers. I constantly have to bicker with mine to get good deals.

Some will tell you have a nice ride, see you for the first service..........

Instead of seeing them at the first service,I think I will put my money towards a set of bike stands, do the service myself, and learn about my bike as I go.

don't sweat it bill.... I tried to get a new helmet outta my dealer when buying my bike.... all I could get was a new helmet at dealer cost. I couldn't even get em to lower the price. hence I haven't given them any of my business since. I had my first service done at a shop here in waterloo and have done all other stuff myself thusfar.

Warranty question???
wow.gif
Doesn't the Dealer have to at least do a "first check" for the warranty...? Might be a dumb question, but I was thinking the same for mine when I pull her out... More ca$h in my pocket...

I just read a thread here recently and it had an article from motorcyclist magazine, I think, saying that your warranty was still in effect if you did it yourself but be sure to keep some receipts from your oil filter or costs involved in your first service for future reference. Hopefully the bike will have no problems so I won't have to worry about the warranty.

Here is the part of the article concerning first service....

For the average Japanese sportbike, however, there's not much value in having this kind of documentation, so we say, "Dig in." Oh, one word about the legalities before we get started. Your warranty is valid if you do the first service yourself, so don't fall for your dealer's scare tactics on this point. You should, however, keep the receipts for the oil and filter to prove you at least did something to the bike at 600 miles.

bill, hope you are mechanically inclined...

1) do NOT take your bike to the dealer for service
2) do NOT take your bike to the dealer for service
3) find a local race/tune shop to do your service if you cannot do it yourself.

4) the manager that sold me my bike, gets me 20% off ALL parts. still. 1.7 years later. and he did not make money on the sale of the bike.

5) enjoy your Hayabusa...... no matter what happens.

peace. c.

Congrats on your new bike, sorry to hear that you were insulted by the dealership. I live in South Florida and there are so many dealers down here that they are very competitive. So if you go in one and don't like the ways he or she is treating you or won't give you a bargin tell to have a nice day and go to another.

Guess I got lucky. Got a helluva price on teh Busa and also got the dealer to throw in a free lid and 15% anything in the shop for a year. Did my shopping to get that though. Visited every shop between Pueblo and Denver and then followed up with phone calls to get the best deal. Guess it helped that the salesman I talked to at the shop I bought from became sales manager during the process.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|BusaboyCO
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079930939 -->

congrats on the new bike....and don't sweat the dealer. Probbaly just happy he got your 11k.

Ya I have bought two bikes from Roseville Cycle center and have got to cards for 15% off of my next purchase. I wonder if I can combine them and use them on a left over 03 Gix 750
biggrin.gif

Nothin' but props fer my dealer! Got a nice deal on the busa (although my county's 7% sales tax still ate me up), they ended up givin' me a Sportech windscreen and a SWEET deal on a Shoei busa lid. Also got a discount on anything in the store for a while. My thank you letter included some pretty sweet discounts on stuff but I opted for a free baseball cap because I didn't need anything else at the time. They will usually cut me a deal on whatever I need and have promised me the best price available when I'm ready for that new gixxer 1k I want so bad. On top of that, they are willin' to work with me on warranty issues even though I've installed a BDE GEN III and other mods. They said that they know people buy these bikes to mod, so it would be stupid to cut my throat for moddin' it.

Also, as far as I know all the sales and management guys are riders, if not racers or stunters, so they're cool as poop. Not just idiots sellin' bikes for a livin'. Went to one dealer and the sales guy (twenty something) just wasn't comin' across as a rider. He finally admitted that some day he'd own a bike and that he'd always thought ridin' would be fun...
rock.gif
That's the one that acted like he was doin' me a favor sellin' me a 40th annibusa for somethin' over 11k before taxes and such. Told me that each dealer could only get 1 40th and that if I wanted one I had better buy the one he had quickly.
mad.gif
The dealer I went to said he had already sold three and had 7 more ordered. Needless to say, I wouldn't buy a cotter pin for the axle nut from the dealer where the no ridin' punk works (or I figure it's more accurate to say "worked". I'm sure he's gone by now).

Yeah, I go tthe same Lil 10% off offer, but hey $16 saved is still a few tanks of gas.
wink.gif

The more I talk to some friends of mine the more I learn that Motorcycle dealers run on a pretty damned slim profit margin especially when it comes to New Bike Sales. So I do not mind taking my bike in to have it serviced now and then. I'm getting to know the folks at the dealership and they treat me well. It's still expensive, but it's a business, people trying to make a living. The American way.

So, quit your bitching, find a dealership that treats you well. If you cannot then I recommend re-aligning your attitude and trying again. You would be amazed what a 12 Pack of Corona can do for a Mechanics attitude when you show up at 3PM on a Friday with some damn problem and need help!

All dealerships and Mechanics are not evil...

I didn't get anything from my dealer beyond a great deal on a brand new '03 ($9500), and a great rapport from here on out if I have questions...my dealer was in NC, so it's not feasible to run to his shop if I need help or service...

I do my own service, I lean on a local race shop for additional help/advice when needed...find yourself someone that you trust and that treats you well, and enjoy your Busa!
smile.gif

Sad, but you really shouldn't expect to walk out the door with anything more than what you have negotiated for these days...
wink.gif

Back