I'm going to commit the ultimate Busa crime

Tree

Registered
Well, a couple of weeks ago while out test driving... Actualy went to the Buell dealer for the free back pack. I must say, if you put a decent set of wheels and brakes on a Buell they probably would not be a bad bike. I would never own one, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

I also test rode a new V-Rod - StreetRod. So after we are into the new house..... Now before you flame me..... Take one for a ride. No it doesn't have the power the Busa does, but it fits me ergonomicly better than any bike I've [/u]ever[/u] been on.

I'm going to sell the Busa and get the Street Rod. I never thought I'd say it, but I'm going to buy (gulp) a Harley. Of course I am going to use the Porsche excuse. Since the engine was designed and built buy Porshce, I feel confident it will be OK.

I'll still be around.

Later,

Steve

TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just kidding, I have said the same thing that if I ever bougth a Harley it would be to V-Rod so don't feel bad just make it to where you have both. That is what I am going to do.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Vrod/StreetRods are nice bikes I'll admit.  At one point I was heavily considering getting one, and the only things that turned me away from it was 1) not my style of riding really, and 2) I will never get used to/be comfortable with riding with my legs out front like that.  It just makes me feel unstable.  I know it's ridiculous (obviously stability is there, several thousand people ride bikes that way after all), but it just doesn't feel right to me, and above all, comfort is one of those things that will make a bike truly rideable or not.

But they are great bikes.

No Buells on the other hand.... oy, I just do not like them at all.  If it wasn;t for the low-end grunt-n-torque the big twin gives them, they'd be a huge joke.  (Plus, a styling note to Eric Buell... plastics on a bike need to be done correctly... the way Buells are done, they're like that really ugly phase Pontiac went through -- "Throw more plastic bits on the car, boys!  We gotta look different from the other GM cars!")

Personally, when it comes to an American Sportbike, I'm looking forward to the Motoczysz C1's debut...  THAT'S a proper sportbike.

<!--EDIT|RandomNickname
Reason for Edit: "fixy linky breaky"|1115204223 -->

I own a Buell and have had a lot of experience with HD over the past ten years. All I can say is find a dealer with a PROVEN service dept. HD service has taken a nose dive in the past five years. It would be well worth your time to find a dealer that has a good record for service on the various HD, V Rod and Buell forums. DON"T go by what they say in the showroom!!!! One thing to try is call the service dept. were you plan on buying and ask what their backlog is. You might be suprised that it's WEEKS. Also, Eagle (HD credit) will make it very easy to finance one. Avoid them like the plague.

No Buells on the other hand.... oy, I just do not like them at all.  If it wasn;t for the low-end grunt-n-torque the big twin gives them, they'd be a huge joke.  (Plus, a styling note to Eric Buell... plastics on a bike need to be done correctly... the way Buells are done, they're like that really ugly phase Pontiac went through -- "Throw more plastic bits on the car, boys!  We gotta look different from the other GM cars!")

Personally, when it comes to an American Sportbike, I'm looking forward to the Motoczysz C1's debut...  THAT'S a proper sportbike.
That's funny and I agree. I own an 02 X1 White Lightning and really like the layout and design of the tube frame. It's all a very moot point now with the Busa parked next to it. I'm trying to figure out how to make the Buell a lawn ornament since no one will buy it LOL!

yikes....

oh well...best of luck to ya, bro. Bottom line is that it's yer $$$....and what you want is what YOU want. Now ya say that the Street Rod is more comfy for ya? By all means....go for it.
smile.gif
As long as whatever you're riding is givin ya a ton o' fun, then it's all good .

As long as we are riding on two and having fun....we are equal.

Now go out there and give us a nitty-gritty review, wouldja? Oh yah....don't forget that the rabid board pic monkeys must be appeased...
wink.gif

If the V-Rod does it for you cool by me!
biggrin.gif
It's about your happiness not any of ours. I sat on one about a week or so ago and it was kind of comfy, but I must admit it made me realize I prefer to tuck behind the windscreen. Still a nice bike, but lots of $$$.

Bottom line: You like it, we love it. Like BS said, it's about your happiness. If that's where your heart takes you, ride on Brother!

I know the engine was designed by Porsche but it was more actually resurrected by Porsche. They couldn't find a use for it because it was a sore disappointment for them and they abandoned the project until Harley came a callin. That being said, realize that you will NOT be able to enhance it's HP output! If you so much as change the pipes it will slow down. they have it tuned as good as it's gonna get. This info came from the Service Manager at a local HD shop so It's not me blowin smoke. Not trying to discourage you, just informing you. Ride what ya want to and are comfy on 'cause WE Aren't payin for it! By the way I also own a harley and am looking at trading up for a dresser. If it's comfort ya want look into those. Best of luck to ya whatever you decide !
smile.gif

Vrod/StreetRods are nice bikes I'll admit. At one point I was heavily considering getting one, and the only things that turned me away from it was 1) not my style of riding really, and 2) I will never get used to/be comfortable with riding with my legs out front like that. It just makes me feel unstable.
The Streetrod is their "new" version of the V-rod. It has a more sportbike riding position. No forward controls!!! I wouldn't buy a bike with the forward controls either.

As far as the power goes. I need to tone it down a little. The speeds are becoming "normal" to me. What I meen is, 140 is loosing its adrenilne (sp) rush. I know it will only get worse. I don't need that again.

I am becoming a more casual rider, and it is more about the people and the scenery.

Later,

Steve

Man, I rode a street Rod a few weeks ago and could not wait to get off of it. I found the regular V-rod to be more comfortable motorcycle..It aint for me. Good luck to you and ride safe..

You should lower your busa 1 inch front and rear, get a tobin seat,raise your bars as much as possible, get a touring windscreen and reconsider...

Tree? Just glad that your in a place to buy a Vrod! Congrats man, have fun on it. Just be sure to have patient riding buddies so they will be able to wait for you...
tounge.gif

Must have pics man...

I saw a stunt team in Dubai that rode Buels, nice bikes! I'm just not into the V-twin thing , having said that, I am looking at a duc though.Always wanted one, an italian bike that is.

Back