THX-1138 commits "Lucacide"

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
George Lucas Digitally Restored his first major film THX-1138. Then he added crap to nearly every scene, and wrecked a good deal of the ambience of the whole film.
I'm calling that technique: "Lucacide"
So, now I am NOT recommending it to anyone because it looses most of it's original appeal by beign DUMBED DOWN for today's common idiot.... or someone who doesn't WANT to try to figure out what a movie is doing or saying.

And to you CG designers here on the board, I can spot EVERY FRAME of CG in ANY movie thanks to poor shading. Work on that will you? I LOVE to be drawn into a film with decent visuals, not sit there and go "Well, that is OBVIOUSLY fake".
Maybe if Lucasfilm had used James Cameron's digital group it would look better.

THX-1138 has been dragged into the spotlight of the new millenium, and shot dead.

Don't waste your money or your time on it.

okay man, you asked for it! Here's an ACTUAL SCENE from the movie. You guess it: EVERYONE in this movie is shaved. YOU should see it if only for that reason

THX013b.jpg

Not quite the Pacman's style. He likes shaving in other places, so this won't appeal to him one bit. It's like trying to sell a Volkswagon to someone who's already got a Benz...
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Back