Bureau Of Motor Vehicles Makes me want to commit hate crimes

ibified

Registered
SO i go to the BMV today to renew the plates on my bike. After an hour and a half wait, they tell me its gonna be 250 bucks. Now, Todd (djsin) told me he paid 170 for his, and his bike is a year newer than mine. Oh, and after I paid, they told me they were ot of motorcycle plates. Could they have maybe told me this BEFORE i waited for an hour and a half and had already paid for them?

I renew mine via the internet, $17, they usually are in the mail about two days later:) Maybe the south ain't so backward after all:whistle:

Mine are coming up next month; been thinking of getting a personalized tag for the bike...just can't think of anything catchy to put on there:whistle:

OOPS, they went up to $18, sorry for the bad info:)

renew.jpg

SO i go to the BMV today to renew the plates on my bike. After an hour and a half wait, they tell me its gonna be 250 bucks. Now, Todd (djsin) told me he paid 170 for his, and his bike is a year newer than mine. Oh, and after I paid, they told me they were ot of motorcycle plates. Could they have maybe told me this BEFORE i waited for an hour and a half and had already paid for them?

$250 is a cash grab.

Ours are $45 CDN ($35 USD) and I think that is too high.

you payin your property taxes as part of that raping? ???

NC plates are still pretty cheap, but even with the property tax thumping I'm out the door for the 100-130 range (taxes are like $90 of that)

and thats why I wont register my vehicles in NY :whistle:

part of it is excise tax, part of it is "wheel tax" which was supposed to go to keeping the roads repaired....well it hasnt happened yet and they have had that tax in effect for about 5 years now.

Essentially yeah, it's gouging. It's only okay when the government does it though...

$250 dollars and out of a tag:cursin::guns:
I think mine was $30 in GA. We did run out of tags one time over the summer. My buddy had that issue and had to wait for like a month until they got some in. The prisoners aren't just making license plates anymore.:whistle:

I just paid like $70 something for registration for 2 years and I've got personal plates as well. I can't remember the initial cost when I bought it though, I think it was about $180 or so.

Here in TX the fee goes by what county you have the vehicle registered in. In Travis County (Austin area) I usually send the tax assesor a check for $56.95 a year for the Busa and $65.95 a year for my car. $10 of each of those tags is a BRIDGE TAX!! If you are not familiar with this area there are no large bodies of water around. Don't even get me started on the yearly vehicle inspection fees. It is cheaper for us here in Austin at around $24 a year. My parents pay $45 a year in Houston. Supossedly the fee is higher because of the "smog" problem in Houston. :whistle: :whistle:

Back