Im being drugtested 2 death!!!

Insurance/Liability

If an employee is hired clean, and has an accident, they are tested again. Any hint of narcotics and my liability is decreased dramatically.

right, liability as well. if you get hurt then they sometimes dont have to pay anything.

but ive been told by several of my employers, that they test (pre-employment and randoms) for insurance. gives them a record of drug free workplace yadda yadda.

right, liability as well. if you get hurt then they sometimes dont have to pay anything.

but ive been told by several of my employers, that they test (pre-employment and randoms) for insurance. gives them a record of drug free workplace yadda yadda.

Agreed, some employers are just putting you through the paces for their "records." As a small business owner, I have a somewhat more personalized view on the subject. I truly do not wish to employ anyone that can't manage to get clean for a month prior to employment....it's a matter of character.

Personally, when you're on your own time, do whatever you wish, as long as you come to work lucid and sober, that's where my responsibilities lie. Just don't expect to engage in these activites at night and then have an accident during the day and expect me to cover your medical bills. It's a calculated risk to be sure.

Agreed, some employers are just putting you through the paces for their "records." As a small business owner, I have a somewhat more personalized view on the subject. I truly do not wish to employ anyone that can't manage to get clean for a month prior to employment....it's a matter of character.

Personally, when you're on your own time, do whatever you wish, as long as you come to work lucid and sober, that's where my responsibilities lie. Just don't expect to engage in these activites at night and then have an accident during the day and expect me to cover your medical bills. It's a calculated risk to be sure.

true i work for large construction companies that employ a few thousand across the country. its a little different there.

i agree as well if i had a small business, i would test and expect to be all well.

what testing do you do? spectrometer or quick panel?

if we bust one at work.

we have to pay and go to rehab, drug test and alcohol test every week, for i believe 2 months, then for four months after every other week. the tests are 150 a time. 75 alcohol, 75 drug. and you cant work any dot until the 6 months is over and you have been to rehab.

so we have a lot to lose, not to mention the money you lose when your out of work.

They use to wake us up at 4am in the unit I was in. There was this one guy with bashful kidneys that couldn't pee being watched so they called in the medics to give him a IV. He eventually went after getting pumped full of fluids.

Man that sounds worse than waterboarding.
I think they have be qualified medical 2 give the test.
This was silly they told me go in bathroom but leave door open.
Then the guy that ran warehouse they had birddogging turned away he didnt watch me.:thumbsup:

NIGHTFLIGHT, your rights aren't being violated, you have the option to say NO. :beerchug:

I'm surprised they aren't doing hair testing, it's far more reliable and can date back months. Most people get clean when applying for a job, which makes piss tests unreliable. But a hair test can find out what you've really been up to.

true dat but i thought had be qualified medical.However your correct I was not forced 2 pee.So if they hire a female she should endure same thing?

Getting tested that often is out of the norm,,,maybe someone in your company suspects your useing and is dropping dimes on you,,,I also found that when I had long hair and wore a half opened flannel shirt, it gave some of the other emplyees bad vibes that I was useing,,I had 2 women 12 yrs ago confront me that I was useing,,or they would see that I had a few hotrods in my driveway and said to a friend of mine that I must be dealing to be able to have cars like that,,,,what an insult,,,blessings from the Lord and hard work put those cars there,,

true dat but i thought had be qualified medical.However your correct I was not forced 2 pee.So if they hire a female she should endure same thing?

around here anyone can work/administer drug test. im sure they have a in house qaulification program. if your doing DOT testing it should be at a medical facility though. at least all the ones ive been to have been unless they are in the field.

No they just hired me 2day.First day just there procedure 2 drugtests.
That way if flunk the 1st they dont waste $100 sending 4 second test goes 2 lab.
I THINK YOU GUYS R MISSING MY POINT.Should a secrtary sweet looking as she was with no medical training get 2 drugtest me? WHAT IF SHE ERRORS ??

m_ridgeway
2 ND TEST WAS DOT IT SAID FEDERAL @ TOP BUT THEY DONT WATCH ITS HUMILIATING

Last edited:
what testing do you do? spectrometer or quick panel?

I honestly don't know. I contract my HR to a leasing company and they take care of all the details in that area. I believe it's a quick panel as I recall seeing that language on the paperwork. My involvement ends when I hand them the paperwork and send them to the clinic down the street. After that it's pretty much fail or pass.

Florida is a bit more relaxed with regard to employment law. If I were to catch someone with a random test, I could terminate immediately. We have no provisions for counseling and continued testing, which suits me just fine, since I would prefer not to deal with those things as a small business. I can't afford to risk a repeat offender. 1 in 100 is a small risk, but 1 in 10 is a sizeable risk and could have potentially devastating effects.

NIGHTFLIGHT, I think it's pretty simple to administer a piss test. So long as they administer the same test equally, I don't think it's a big issue. Besides, she's likely just collecting, not actually testing. That DOES require a lab tech "usually." Unless they're using some over the counter test, which would be pretty odd in my opinion. Not to mention I wonder if it would hold up in court?

Last edited:
No they just hired me 2day.First day just there procedure 2 drugtests.
That way if flunk the 1st they dont waste $100 sending 4 second test goes 2 lab.
I THINK YOU GUYS R MISSING MY POINT.Should a secrtary sweet looking as she was with no medical training get 2 drugtest me? WHAT IF SHE ERRORS ??

m_ridgeway
2 ND TEST WAS DOT IT SAID FEDERAL @ TOP BUT THEY DONT WATCH ITS HUMILIATING

like i said, im sure they have some sort of in house qualisfication that makes you certified, but no a nurse or whatever doesnt need to be the one to test you. my buddy that is a high school graduate worked for a drug testing facility and they tested all kinds of people and did all kinds of testing.

I honestly don't know. I contract my HR to a leasing company and they take care of all the details in that area. I believe it's a quick panel as I recall seeing that language on the paperwork. My involvement ends when I hand them the paperwork and send them to the clinic down the street. After that it's pretty much fail or pass.

Florida is a bit more relaxed with regard to employment law. If I were to catch someone with a random test, I could terminate immediately. We have no provisions for counseling and continued testing, which suits me just fine, since I would prefer not to deal with those things as a small business. I can't afford to risk a repeat offender. 1 in 100 is a small risk, but 1 in 10 is a sizeable risk and could have potentially devastating effects.

There real easy beat if somebody wants 2.Thats what I have heard.
sm57.gif

quickfixwithcontents2_184_detail.jpg

Not legal in all states thats synthetic urine exact duplicate.

sm55.gif

Im glad I found something scarey being unemployed.We got over 1000 whirlpool factory workers out of work.Whirlpool went to Monterey Mexico dont buy there products.

Last edited:
I have been in the state as a correctional officer for almost 7 years and have never been drug tested.. not that I would be worried:beerchug: now drinking is another story

I'm with VB on this one; as a small business participant, hauling hazmat, I do not have the time nor the patience to deal with people doing drugs and then coming to work for me. It's a scourge on society and I want no part in supporting it. Showing up for work hungover or still drunk same/same.

I'm with VB on this one; as a small business participant, hauling hazmat, I do not have the time nor the patience to deal with people doing drugs and then coming to work for me. It's a scourge on society and I want no part in supporting it. Showing up for work hungover or still drunk same/same.

i agree, we have this often in the work i do. i used to show up hungover before i took on a lead position, now i know how it makes you look. even though i always did my job and above its just trashy and unprofessional.

I think it is getting you more work. Wouldn't you be more willing to trust a company who can confirm their drivers won't spill a tanker full of crude. Thus creating an eco-nightmare with that company's name on it. Just fill the cup and say thanks for the pay check.

5 times in less then a year is a lot of UA's. I have only ever had to take one random UA and I passed that with flying colors.

Back