Im being drugtested 2 death!!!

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
3 times this year my old job pumping propane.
New job im getting hauling deadly toxic waste
They had me go in bathroom while guy stood @ door+watched now want me go down to clinic pased 1st one.Was that legal??? I think not what if had been a girl have go in sit there while another girl watched???
Im mostly hauling old oil used paint +paint thinner+used oil filters+used anti freeze.So im going on drugtest #5 this year.??? Least my new gig pays decent 38 grand year 2 start.Not bad 4 a unemployed no high school diploma havin mug!!JUST 1 MORE DRUG TEST:please:

I have gone through that same hassle, usually after getting into words with the supervisor :whistle: I have never had to sweat a wiz quiz and have always been paid for the time spent. I always looked at it as easy money:laugh: Good luck bro, keep all 18 to the pavement!:thumbsup:

Military has been doing that for YEARS so you'll get use to the drug tests. I was more shocked when I got another job that required a drug test and they didn't come in and watch me pee... :laugh:

Glad you found some work Billy... :beerchug:

We use these swabs that go into your mouth. If they show you passes, your good. If it indicates that you failed, you are off to the clinic for an official test. Saves a lot of money this way.

Call it JOB SECURITY. You have no idea how many people can't pass a piss test. In the Army we have to physically watch the pee come out of you and into the bottle....not fun for either participant!

Oh jeez I would be standing there forever trying to pee if somebody was watching me.

Why not just search you to make sure you don't have any of that fake stuff on ya?

Not to thread jack but isn't it sad that we have to do this so we can have a job and the nice guys and gals on welfare don't. Where I work its ramdom but you might show up for work and get piled in to a van to be taken down for the testing. you get paid but it's still annoying.

Military has been doing that for YEARS so you'll get use to the drug tests. I was more shocked when I got another job that required a drug test and they didn't come in and watch me pee... :laugh:

Yup military guy here...what sucks is when your number gets drawn to be the one watching for the day:banghead:

dude the golden flow cant be fun for anyone.... I was on a base one day when the announcement came out and everyone in the room collectively let out this "ohhhh ugghghghghg"

As mentioned, you are passing the tests, dont worry about it just a part of the line of work you are in. As long as the paychecks keep coming, keep p'in in the cup :laugh: :beerchug:

i have to take DOT drug tests, they can make me strip to my underwear, do a 180 and then watch me physically pee. havent had that happen and only been randomed once in 4 years. my company has to pull at least 2 names a month. kinda weird how it happens. ive been in the office when the names come up. they dont even push the button. the names get emailed to them from another office. one of my co-workers got 4 randoms in a row.

Been at my job 12 years - 6 years ago I got tested 2 in one week and again 2 months later. Have been tested before or after. It's supposed to be random; however, I I think the odds of getting pulled 3 times in less than 2 months is statistically very improbable. Like winning the lottery. Definately suspect...

Hassle? I think it's more of a hassle for the employer than the employee, considering the loss of productivity, potential loss of employees and the expense of administering the test. A small cost compared to the loss incurred in a lawsuit. Big deal, you may have someone watch you pee in a bottle, at least your employer is protecting their assets, in effect protecting your job.

I think that more employers should conduct random drug testing.

Being in the military for going on 23 years come July, I'm use to being tested on a regular basis, sometimes back to back for several months. While for you civilian folks that may seem like a violation of your freedom, for us military types it's just another day of what we have to do to serve our country.

i have to take DOT drug tests, they can make me strip to my underwear, do a 180 and then watch me physically pee. havent had that happen and only been randomed once in 4 years. my company has to pull at least 2 names a month. kinda weird how it happens. ive been in the office when the names come up. they dont even push the button. the names get emailed to them from another office. one of my co-workers got 4 randoms in a row.

tHAT LEGAL???I dont think the girl who took collection has any medical training.Yes I passed them both.I just think violated my rights.Im off 2 LOUISVILLE 530AM PICK UP TOXIC CRUD ALL DAY GET HOTEL +DO IT MORE WENDSDAY

Oh jeez I would be standing there forever trying to pee if somebody was watching me.

Why not just search you to make sure you don't have any of that fake stuff on ya?

They use to wake us up at 4am in the unit I was in. There was this one guy with bashful kidneys that couldn't pee being watched so they called in the medics to give him a IV. He eventually went after getting pumped full of fluids.

On an offshoot of this thread...we had this Captain that was, shall we say, 'challenged' in the size department; he could NOT pee no matter what - took him about 3 hours to be able to go - reason was he was SHORT and yes it got around :laugh:

tHAT LEGAL???I dont think the girl who took collection has any medical training.Yes I passed them both.I just think violated my rights.Im off 2 LOUISVILLE 530AM PICK UP TOXIC CRUD ALL DAY GET HOTEL +DO IT MORE WENDSDAY

i think you agree to their testing policy when you hire, probably some pre employment paper you sign. i'd imagine they have their tail covered.

if its that big of a hassle talk to an attorney, most will consult for free.

NIGHTFLIGHT, your rights aren't being violated, you have the option to say NO. :beerchug:

I'm surprised they aren't doing hair testing, it's far more reliable and can date back months. Most people get clean when applying for a job, which makes piss tests unreliable. But a hair test can find out what you've really been up to.

NIGHTFLIGHT, your rights aren't being violated, you have the option to say NO. :beerchug:

I'm surprised they aren't doing hair testing, it's far more reliable and can date back months. Most people get clean when applying for a job, which makes piss tests unreliable. But a hair test can find out what you've really been up to.
folicle testing is expensive is why they dont do it.

and i wouldnt kid yourself this isnt a safety issue for emlpoyers its an insurance gimmick

folicle testing is expensive is why they dont do it.
True.

and i wouldnt kid yourself this isnt a safety issue for emlpoyers its an insurance gimmick
Insurance/Liability I wouldn't call it a gimmick, it's a very realistic determination of fiscal liability.

If an employee is hired clean, and has an accident, they are tested again. Any hint of narcotics and my liability is decreased dramatically.

Back