Illegal gas caps

:rulez:
all i have to say about this

if-you-see-da-police-warn-a-brother.jpg

If you get pulled over and they really want to give you a ticket yopu'll get a ticket no matter what. Improper lane change, unsafe riding, etc... they don't have to pick over your bike for an excuse.

It may get you out of one or reduce it.

Officer,

I'm sorry I was speeding. I just didn't realize I was going 47 in a 40. Can you reduce it to a non-moving violation and give me a ticket for my non-DOT gas cap? That way I can still support your fine city and not have to pay insurance increases the rest of my life.

I don't think you can get tickets for a cap can you.. Mostly means it hasn't been submitted for testing for the most part.

I wouldn't worry about it. I am pretty sure the officer isn't going to ask you if that gas cap is DOT approved while he's writing a ticket for a more serious violation. Unless you ran and when he finally caught you he was pissed.

Motorcycle gas caps do not fall into the same catagory as cars due to the amount of fuel ( at least here in Florida) Car fuel caps must have plastic threads that will melt and release the cap if the fuel tank catches fire (that is why cars do not explode from car fires).

Back