Ignition recall

Billy Busa

Banned
I got an ignition wire recall notice in the mail on my 2008 and was wondering if my bike is safe to ride until they can get it fixed?

Its such a nice day today and i feel like riding.

I've been rolling without a problem. People have had their bikes since last year without issue. However...im going to get mine fixed this afternoon. Go enjoy yourself.

**The above statement is just advice and does not constitue the 2008 Hayabusa as being safe to ride. Rider agrees to ride at his/her own risk and HIM will not be held responsible for damages that may occur to said Hayabusa or rider.

I've been rolling without a problem.  People have had their bikes since last year without issue. However...im going to get mine fixed this afternoon. Go enjoy yourself.

**The above statement is just advice and does not constitue the 2008 Hayabusa as being safe to ride. Rider agrees to ride at his/her own risk and HIM will not be held responsible for damages that may occur to said Hayabusa or rider.
Dont worry, I wont blame you
goodboy.gif

I've been rolling without a problem. People have had their bikes since last year without issue. However...im going to get mine fixed this afternoon. Go enjoy yourself.

laugh.gif

Nice Disclaimer !!!!

I'm just curious, if the electricl short and stall mentioned in the recall notice has actually HAPPENED to someone or if it just COULD happen.

15,000 miles, bike 'on the list'; no worries.

Getting inspected and ignition changed out (faulty or otherwise), day after tomorrow.

**that's just what I'M doing.  Not a recommendation for action on anyone else's part.

Inspect your harness yourself. You can see if it is routed incorrectly without removing any plastic. If it's routed properly, you should be good to go. If not, use your own judgment. Some options include calling your dealer, or re-routing the wiring. My wiring was a perfect example of WRONG routing. I re-routed it, performed a wiggle test, and I have my knees in the breeze!

I have an ignition switch on the way that I will be "assisting" the dealer in installing. Although the dealer gets 1.3 hrs. flat rate, the job can be done in around 15-20 minutes. Even if your bike misses the recall, it's probably worth checking your wiring yourself. Cheap insurance, IMHO.

Back