Recall

I took mine in and the dealership only took about 20-30 minutes to get it fixed. The longest part of the whole time I was at the dealership was waiting for a mechanic to be free and look at my bike.

So yeah as long as they have what they need to fix your bike if it needs to be fixed it shouldnt take that long at all.

Hope that helps.

I took mine in and the dealership only took about 20-30 minutes to get it fixed. The longest part of the whole time I was at the dealership was waiting for a mechanic to be free and look at my bike.

So yeah as long as they have what they need to fix your bike if it needs to be fixed it shouldnt take that long at all.

Hope that helps.
I was wondering if it was bad and if so do you know what they did to fix it? Was your bike 's VIN on the recall list?

Not sure what they did. But I took the bike in cause the front right fork was leaking on me. Ordered the seal for the fork and gave the bike back saying they fixed the problem so I can forgo the notice in the mail.

Still haven't gotten a notice yet. But I am in the process of moving so I may have just overlooked it.

I was informed I was not on the initial recall notice but when they called to see about a seal they asked about my vin also. That was to be on a second recall??? electrical issue. From my understanding it was the same issue just a second list of numbers that was released.

But no My number was not on the initial list posted here.

per Suzuki, the fix takes 1.3 hours right?

Repair time is approximately 1.3 hours and will be performed at no cost to you for parts or labor.

Well I am bad with time It could have been an hour I did have to wait there a while before they could get to it. (I was also trying to figure out how to get a rear stand home on the bike) I dont personally see how it can be so bad that you cant ride it in. I rode mine in.

And you are correct roadking it cost me nothing to have them fix it. Hell they are even gonna warrenty out the seal for me.
ThumbsUp.gif

Words of wisdom.

Don't give away your rear stand when you sell your bike. Especially if you know you are buying the same bike just a newer model in a couple days. (It makes you buy another one.)

Got my recall in the mail last week. Needed the 600 mile service so they did the recall at the same time. Recall took 35 minutes. 600 mile service took 1.45 hours. I met the mechanic beforehand, owns an 08, and loves Busas. I felt much more at ease. He likes to take his time.

Not a scratch on the paint.

I bought my bike in May and received the notice on Wednesday. I am do for the first service so I hope to kill 2 birds with one stone. Sounds like most of the bikes at the shop I go to have been ok.

I went to take my bike in for the recall, and was told that they won't have the parts in until next week to do it. I'm like F that, I'm not going to go without the bike all weekend. So I have to take it back next weekend. I should have enough miles on it by then for its second oil change anyway.

Back