If you wanted to, what would you?

I have a Warrior & could not be happier with it. If your into 2 up riding get a back rest or you will spit her off.

The new Roadliner will be out for 06. HUGH engine, check out Yammie's web site.

I know there are a lot of guys that like the VTX but I had one & thought it sucked. Maybe I just got a bad one. Had a buzzy vibration that made my elbows go numb. Linked brakes suck. There was entirely to much play in the driveline. Picking up the throttle during a 1st or 2nd gear decell would snap my neck. Had to use the clutch all the time to apply throttle in slow traffic. Hustle it around a corner & up it a gear & it would snake & want to jump out from under you. If you read the owners manual it states not to shift gears while in a turn. No matter what exhaust it has on it sounds strange. Kind of like one cylinder is firing late.

Just my opinion but you know what they say about opinions.

Big Dog ridgeback since I could not afford a West Coast Chopper..I would consider no other cruiser besides a hardcore chopper.
I have a Big Dog dealer about 20 miles away too...damn and they have some sweet 2.99% financing deal going on too.
bdm.com

Big Dog ridgeback since I could not afford a West Coast Chopper..I would consider no other cruiser besides a hardcore chopper.
I have a Big Dog dealer about 20 miles away too...damn and they have some sweet 2.99%  financing deal going on too.
bdm.com
If we're talking customs then I say "EXILE all the way". Although that Big Dog is pretty sweet.

Those Exiles cost about what? The Big Dog Ridgebacks can be had for in the mid 20K range.

I have a Big Dog dealer about 20 miles away too...damn and they have some sweet 2.99%  financing deal going on too.
bdm.com
That's cool but I need more ASSSSS room!!

I think everyone here has their own requirements in a cruiser. I want comfort for 2, storage, reliablility and plenty of grunt to haul it all around.

I own a warrior and its a blast. Get a solo seat for one up and a corbin dual tour with backrests and extend the passenger pegs and 2 up us do-able (this bike was never really designed as a 2 up bike tho). The vtx1800 looks and feels big but is surprisingly nimble once rolling (comfy for 2 up too). The above comment is correct however about the exhaust note. I have never seen anyone get better than a farting motorboat sound out of one (even worse on the 1300). Its got darn good power tho. Big Dog ---- AAAAAURGH!!! Went to laughlin river run with a buddy on one -- what a friggin POS. Lets see on just that trip (04 model- not even broken in yet)-- the upper motor mount bolt fell out- speedo quit working- backfired and ran like crud the whole time- decided not to start after a gas stop (ever try to push start a 107ci chopper?). The guys I talked to there at Laughlin had similar experiences. That had to be one of the best looking bikes I have ever seen -- and when it ran right -- it ran darn good, but that was the exeption rather than the norm.

Big Dog ---- AAAAAURGH!!! Went to laughlin river run with a buddy on one -- what a friggin POS.
I've heard the samething about the Big Dog bikes.

They look great, but they are big POS's. One cop I know told me his Big Dog Pit Bull needed more maintenance and bolt tightening then Harleys did. Not to mention the ride sucked and was too uncomfortable for long periods. Just show bikes, nothing more.

Big Dog ---- AAAAAURGH!!! Went to laughlin river run with a buddy on one -- what a friggin POS.
I've heard the samething about the Big Dog bikes.

They look great, but they are big POS's. One cop I know told me his Big Dog Pit Bull needed more maintenance and bolt tightening then Harleys did. Not to mention the ride sucked and was too uncomfortable for long periods. Just show bikes, nothing more.
I hear this ALOT from the guys around here that have bikes from the "small companies". They require ALOT of work and upkeep, very uncomfortable on long rides, terrible brakes and poor reliability from the crate motors they are built around. One guys's digital dash, hasn't worked since the day he got it. It's been a total pain in the azzz for him
sad.gif
If I spent 35K and had parts falling off, oil pressure issues, electrical problems, etc., etc., I'd be PISSED!!

bdm.com
That's cool but I need more ASSSSS room!!

I think everyone here has their own requirements in a cruiser.  I want comfort for 2, storage, reliablility and plenty of grunt to haul it all around.
nice wheels!

snakes choices in order of preference

1. West coast
2. victory
3. get me another harley dyna wide sport and mod it.

I love/d the blacked out sport and I can make it go rather well.... tough choices...

If it had to be a bonafide cruiser, either a goldwing or an electraglide, the main reason for the harley is resale and ease of roadside maintenence plus no chain to worry about...since I am looking for a lazy cruiser afterall although the shaftdrive of the goldwing is nice too. Also tops on the list would be an early 80s V65 magna like the one I had in highschool/college.

<!--EDIT|wickedsprint
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120875705 -->

Back